Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (Cabinet build in progress))

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stryker2011's: JABBA THRONE ROOM CUSTOM DIORAMA (WIP)

Received the third power supply today, so I was able to light up both overhead lights above the band.

IMG_7990.jpg

Dude this is looking insane!!!! The lighting is perfect!!!

All those little “imperfections” from before look great! :clap

Thank you, my friends. Appreciate the kind words.

I’m kind of sit back and wait mode now. I have to wait for my friend to complete the backdrop before I can start to build the cabinet. In the meantime I can make a cross-cut sled for my cabinet saw to get ready for the rest of the construction.

I like how the grate turned out. Lighting is superb!

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it translated all that well in photos — it looks different in hand, more grainy.

Much appreciated, LOPIE.

Still waiting on my friend to finish the backdrop. I’m at a standstill at this point without it.

Ugh. Stryker, you're insanely talented dude. I've never really tried my hands at dioramas but when I do, you're the example to follow. The attention to detail is staggering. Kudos sir!!!

Ugh. Stryker, you're insanely talented dude. I've never really tried my hands at dioramas but when I do, you're the example to follow. The attention to detail is staggering. Kudos sir!!!

Thanks, but I can’t take all the credit. Having a knowledge of woodworking has helped considerably, but I garnered a ton of ideas from folks here, and on other Star Wars forums (particularly the ones in regard to the Hasbro figure dioramas) for inspiration. This is my first diorama as well, and it was a LOT of trial and error, but that was art of the fun — though it can get pretty expensive quickly doing it that way. I do appreciate the kind words, and good luck if you ever try your hand at a dio.

Hi all. It’s been awhile since I posted updates, and sadly I don’t have anything yet. However, I’ve been struggling with a lighting issue — so the wife suggested I crowd source for a solution. Anyway, my concern is with all the highly directional light sources in this environment, and once I back light the photographic backdrop that blackpool has been working on, that Jabba, et al, will become a large mass of dark shapes. Any suggestions for possible subdued lighting that won’t detract from the existing spots, but will help pull the figures out of the shadows?

Thanks, but I can’t take all the credit. Having a knowledge of woodworking has helped considerably, but I garnered a ton of ideas from folks here, and on other Star Wars forums (particularly the ones in regard to the Hasbro figure dioramas) for inspiration. This is my first diorama as well, and it was a LOT of trial and error, but that was art of the fun — though it can get pretty expensive quickly doing it that way. I do appreciate the kind words, and good luck if you ever try your hand at a dio.

Sounds interesting.
Stryker, could you name some of those forums?
Thanks,
m.

Back