Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've already seen it twice. I think it is a great movie but I wish it were scarier. The kids were incredible. Skarsgard is awesome as IT too. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 at least. I just hope the sequel is scarier. At first I thought it was me being jaded but then I took my wife the second time who was petrified of the tv one as a child and she even agreed it wasn't really scary. So then I knew. But it is still awesome and really great.

i think the fact that it wasnt as scary is why it is rated so high and why it is gonna do so well opening weekend

Opening weekend has surpassed all expectations and has already broken many records.

What bad summer box office lol.

Bottom line, it will be the highest anything related to horror movies and come 2nd for any R rated material behind Deadpool.

It has done extremely well, WB has WW/IT to be thankful for.

When I first saw the trailer, I died cracking up when Georgie was saying 'you'll float too' and pennywise just cranks out of the water. I had to hold myself back in the theatre so people wouldn't think I was crazy lol.

Opening weekend has surpassed all expectations and has already broken many records.

What bad summer box office lol.

Bottom line, it will be the highest anything related to horror movies and come 2nd for any R rated material behind Deadpool.

It has done extremely well, WB has WW/IT to be thankful for.

September is FALL. We are now in the Fall BO.

IT/Logan/Deadpool has proven that older audiences do care if it's treated well.

Not everything has to be PC/Marvel lite.

WB has nothing to be thankful for, they put their ass on the line for this flick after development hell.

When I first saw the trailer, I died cracking up when Georgie was saying 'you'll float too' and pennywise just cranks out of the water. I had to hold myself back in the theatre so people wouldn't think I was crazy lol.

I got some good LOLs from the trailer too, seeing it tonight. Excited!

What I meant was that It/Thor/JL/TLJ should wipe away the bad summer box office stench.

If they put their ass on the line as you say then it just reinforces that they absolutely should be thankful for It not bombing lol

What I meant was that It/Thor/JL/TLJ should wipe away the bad summer box office stench.

They will, we've entered a new generation of BO.

Horrible flicks that were released in January/Febuary are now released in April/May

The seasons have flipped, September-December is the new Summer BO.

It makes sense, there's much more going on and to do in the summer rather than when it's colder out.

Skarsgard's accent kind of killed me because all I could imagine was Christoph Waltz. "Hallo, Beelly. Beelly? Meet Penn-ya-wise, Penn-ya-wise meet Beelly.":lol I don't know. I feel like the perfect movie would've been this flick with Tim Curry (if we existed in a dimension outside of time where we could just replace Skarsgard's scenes with the performance and characterization of '90s Pennywise). It really did seem like it was a case of him trying too hard.

That being said, I will say that, while it wasn't super horrifying, it was still a solid film and one I would gladly watch again. I really feel like I need to read more Stephen King because it seems like I always greatly enjoy the adaptations of his stories (even the ****** ones :lol).

These kinds of movies shouldn't scare you as an adult though. Only reason people remember the 90s one as being scary is because they were kids when they saw it.

How is it trying too hard? I mean that's like saying Cavill trying too hard for using an American accent. If I see a clown, I'm going to assume he has that nasally higher pitched voice, not ****ing Michael Clarke Duncan.

These kinds of movies shouldn't scare you as an adult though. Only reason people remember the 90s one as being scary is because they were kids when they saw it.

Hit the nail on the head. It was more accessible too, with it being a TV special.

I would describe it as creepy. I saw it tonight and damned if I wasn't imagining Pennywise in the dark downstairs when I went to get a drink.

Good film.

I thought penny wise was perfect. The things a monster trying to act human to feed on kids. It's natural tendencies are going to come out when it's about to feed. The only thing that bothered me about the penny wise scenes was the warp stabilizing on it's face. You get a shot of that in the trailer when it jumps and runs towards the camera when Richie is in the clown room. Nothing about the performance actually bothered me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought penny wise was perfect. The things a monster trying to act human to feed on kids. It's natural tendencies are going to come out when it's about to feed. The only thing that bothered me about the penny wise scenes was the warp stabilizing on it's face. You get a shot of that in the trailer when it jumps and runs towards the camera when Richie is in the clown room. Nothing about the performance actually bothered me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I think about it, the more I think I phrased it wrong because my problem wasn't with Skarsgard when he was speaking/performing, so much as the supposedly terrifying moments when he'd go flailing after somebody like Elaine Benes on the dance floor. Maybe it works once as a jump scare, but, after the fourth time, it's kind of like "oh, okay. That's kind of your thing, huh? Yeah? Well, uh, that's cool, I guess. Not scary or anything, but you do you, man.":lol For me, I found it far more unsettling when he wasn't front and center trying to be terrifying. **** like him swinging from the chains in the meat refrigerator, partially obscured by the plastic sheeting or on the TV screen along with the group of kids telling Bowers to kill his dad was far more unsettling than him doing his crazed tweaker on bath salts run after everybody, but I guess that's more on the director or the writers than it is on him.

I enjoyed it. I appreciated the kids story line a lot. Pennywise was both expected and unexpected. I think my mind was set on straight horror so the times he came off sort of goofy pulled me out of it. I liked the more deranged bits. The meat locker, georgie in the basement, the tv scene, and so on. In those moments Skarsgard really nailed it. On a side note, did anyone else notice the glaringly bad replacement cg? There were several spots but the most noticeable was when pennywise peeked out of the sewer tunnel after attacking stanley.

Loved it!! :rock

Fans_war_face.gif

Back