Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Hammered :lol

This It movie still hasn't opened? Sheesh, I'm already tired of talking about it. I hope its good -- we need a good scary movie. But I just don't know. The last King movie was a stinker, and I'm hearing nothing about this one either.

Hammered :lol

This It movie still hasn't opened? Sheesh, I'm already tired of talking about it. I hope its good -- we need a good scary movie. But I just don't know. The last King movie was a stinker, and I'm hearing nothing about this one either.

The source material was crap anyways lol

The movie is getting good traction though, hicks love them some clowns, look at Capt Spaulding.

IT looks really great, very excited. I've been wanting to read the book but just haven't had time. Crows, have you read it? I guess they are planning another one too.

This IT is going to strike box office gold but it's still not SW.

Besides there was pages worth of gays drugs and sex Hollywood topic yet you're making it sound like it wasn't.

I think we hammered the gay Hollywood thing pretty good, no?

Crows never happy.

Eat my balloons :lol :lol

6inhOfE.jpg

I just got the book, and plan on starting on Monday. It is probably the movie I'm most excited for after being burned a few times this summer.

All the positivity is great, but I must be missing something because I don't get the excitement for this. Nothing I've seen or read makes me overly (or mildly) excited about this movie. There's a lot of publicity for it like building the house on a lot at Hollywood and Vine and having tours. I don't see this movie having legs.

I found the book on youtube,but it gets hard to follow the guy

I've been listening to the audiobook too, but getting tired of it.
The guy reads everything... and I mean EVERYTHING! He even reads the print on the book jacket. :panic:

All the positivity is great, but I must be missing something because I don't get the excitement for this. Nothing I've seen or read makes me overly (or mildly) excited about this movie. There's a lot of publicity for it like building the house on a lot at Hollywood and Vine and having tours. I don't see this movie having legs.

So if you're a fan of the book, it's a lot easier to be pumped about it for sure. But there are other reasons others are excited. Bill Skarsgard's performance looks great and uniquely different from Tim Curry's. That leaked footage def sold me on him as Pennywise. It's also one of the bigger budget horror films we've had in a long time. Most horror films coming out these days are ****, but make a profit because they have a budget of like a couple million, then end up making like an easy 40 in the box office. This film looks like a MUCH higher quality than something like the recent Annabelle film that was **** out. There's also another reason to be excited. It's with how the film actually looks. Because mother ****in Chung-hoon Chung is the Director of Photography for this film!!! He did all the cinematography for Old Boy, which has some of the best/my favorite shots in any film ever. So this film is going totally the very least LOOK fan-****ing-tastic!

But even if your not excited for any of those reason. Nothing wrong with that. Some stuff just doesn't appeal to people.

Understandable.
I want to like it. I probably read the book prior to many of you being born. Pennywise is one of my favorite characters growing up. I just don't sense anything special about it. I'll see it just not at the movies.

Another reason people are excited is that the script follows the book closer.

Wasn't there a riot at Penn State last year where 600+ students formed a mob to hunt down alleged clowns spotted on campus?

I can only imagine the reaction that balloon prank will trigger. :lol

Has any horror title in history had this sort of impact when it comes to widespread pranks? Though I guess the sightings over the last year or two might not relate to 'IT' specifically, 'the clown in that IT film' is likely the first thing people think of when they see a scary clown. It has had a cultural impact for sure.

We even had clowns threatening to target schools with knifes over here in the UK, tough it never happened. People were getting stabbed through their letterbox and had clowns peeking through their windows at night. Must have been even worse in the US. :horror

Back