Stealth Iron Man - Packing problem!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke with (name withheld) at Returns as she is handling my damaged item. She said unequivocally that that items with ANY kind of Damage, paint, broken, whatever, will be replaced.

Also, that SSC will inspect each replacement piece and make sure there are no flaws before shipping it back out.

This will do nothing to fix the situation. They need to PACKAGE them properly instead of just inspecting a pristine piece only to have the crappy packing damage it again during transit.

This will do nothing to fix the situation. They need to PACKAGE them properly instead of just inspecting a pristine piece only to have the crappy packing damage it again during transit.

These scrapes are not caused by bad packaging- the thing was packaged in such a way to not scrape the pain- it was good packaging, actually- the problem is that someone moved a batch of them before they were dry.

I'm almost glad I missed out on ordering. :lol Thanks to all the flippers who denied me the chance to get a scratched up SIM.

I'm almost glad I missed out on ordering. :lol Thanks to all the flippers who denied me the chance to get a scratched up SIM.

a scratched sim can be returned for an unscratched one. it's still selling for around $600 on the secondary. i would love to get one for $300.

a scratched sim can be returned for an unscratched one. it's still selling for around $600 on the secondary. i would love to get one for $300.

If you're lucky you get a unscratched replacement. We're talking about Sideshows QC.:banghead
I'll wait and see if I can get a AP. Atleast they should be unscratched. Unless my source tries to rape my wallet. If that's the case I'll live without it.

I know I posted this on another thread but no one answered or knows the answer.

Is Sideshow's QC done at the factory before shipment to the States? Or is it done by Sideshow itself here IN the States?

I know I posted this on another thread but no one answered or knows the answer.

Is Sideshow's QC done at the factory before shipment to the States? Or is it done by Sideshow itself here IN the States?

I would think at both places would be prudent. Outgoing source inspection, and incoming inspection, at least sampled. But I don't know what SS policy is.

i would bet dimes to dollars that there is very little if any qc at the factory and spot qc at the ss warehouse. only when a sim type event happens, that ss is forced to inspect all going out. in sideshow's defense, with all the different lines they put out, some with thousands in the es, it would be impossible for them to check everything leaving their warehouse. they have to have a trust in whoever is manufacturing that the product shipped to them is with a minimal of flaws. if a full scale qc is done at the factory, sideshow and the shipping carriers at every destination they ship to, we'd all get perfect statues. :lol

These scrapes are not caused by bad packaging- the thing was packaged in such a way to not scrape the pain- it was good packaging, actually- the problem is that someone moved a batch of them before they were dry.

At first I believed it, but now after thinking about it logically I highly doubt what you are saying is the case.

I have the Iron Man LSB and it was packaged with those hard plastic inserts over the whole bust. Needless to say, the scuffs and scratches on my bust seem to look the same as what is seen on these Stealth Iron Man statues. There was no "paint residue" on the inserts for my LSB, however that does not mean that it is not paint rubs.

Seriously, how do you expect to pack something with hard plastic inserts and expect the paint not to scuff? If you think that they will really protect the paint 100% then imo you're being ignorant.

Last edited:
Also, these imperfections are too linear and too consistent to be anything other than a result of the statue rubbing against the hard plastic in transit.

Please note that Dusty has made one response already. I know its not directly to the issue but she is watching out for us.

I have only one thing to say, and I'm only gonna say it here, because I begin to feel like a broken record after a while. Please feel free to repeat as necessary... So listen up :)

Please (please please) do not believe everything you read on the internet. If YOU receive a piece that has visible damage, PLEASE contact our customer service/returns department before panicking because of what someone on a message board has posted.

Per information from our Returns Department, damaged Stealth Iron Mans will be replaced on a first come, first served basis in the normal fashion - IF an email with photos and all pertinent information (name, order number, etc.) is received by our returns department. Don't dilly-dally, start the process immediately, as soon as you open the box. Here is the link to our 30 Day Return Policy if you don't know where to begin: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=returns (please note, there are different procedures depending on your location)

Please allow at least 2-3 business days for a response. If you send in your photos/email once, there is no need to send the same request repeatedly, as every email ties up the process even longer.

We know that it's fun to get out the torches and pitchforks and run with conspiracy theories against the evil corporation. Heck, we do it ourselves ;) But, honest, Sideshow is not out to swindle you or take your money and run. We always try to make things right, and when things aren't perfect, we do our best as a team to make them at least a little better. It just sometimes takes a few days when lots of stuff is shipping. So thank you for your patience :duff

Please note that Dusty has made one response already. I know its not directly to the issue but she is watching out for us.

I dont think she has much of a say in the matter. She is not the one who deals with returns or getting more product from the factories. She is simply just reiterating the standard replacement procedure.

Fact is, if SS decides it is not in their best financial interest to replace all of our damaged statues, they will simply cancel the replacement requests and just issue a refund. it has happened before on more than one occasion.

I dont think she has much of a say in the matter. She is not the one who deals with returns or getting more product from the factories. She is simply just reiterating the standard replacement procedure.

Fact is, if SS decides it is not in their best financial interest to replace all of our damaged statues, they will simply cancel the replacement requests and just issue a refund. it has happened before on more than one occasion.

i don't know much about the sideshow return policy but a couple of things caught my attention. 'replacement requests on a first come basis' really puts the people receiving sim last at a disadvantage. imo, everyone with a damaged sim, should get a replacement. this statue is most eagerly awaited since comic con. why exclude anyone unfortunate enough to get a factory damaged sim? did some people get excluded from an im ls bust replacement?

second, it's not 'fun' to get out the torches and pitchforks. this means the customer will have to go through a return process in which most people would prefer not to have to deal with. most don't want a headache or to argue why this problem has happened, just an undamaged replacement sim.

i really feel limiting returns just compounds a bad buying experience and doesn't show much loyalty to the customer.

Also, these imperfections are too linear and too consistent to be anything other than a result of the statue rubbing against the hard plastic in transit.

I agree. After inspecting mine, I looks like the damage was from rubbing durring shipping. Some of the spots with scratches and paint rubbed off have some pretty obvious "rub" marks there as well. I would like to see the replacements wrapped good to protect them so it doesn't show up the same way...

i don't know much about the sideshow return policy but a couple of things caught my attention. 'replacement requests on a first come basis' really puts the people receiving sim last at a disadvantage. imo, everyone with a damaged sim, should get a replacement. this statue is most eagerly awaited since comic con. why exclude anyone unfortunate enough to get a factory damaged sim? did some people get excluded from an im ls bust replacement?

second, it's not 'fun' to get out the torches and pitchforks. this means the customer will have to go through a return process in which most people would prefer not to have to deal with. most don't want a headache or to argue why this problem has happened, just an undamaged replacement sim.

i really feel limiting returns just compounds a bad buying experience and doesn't show much loyalty to the customer.

yes they decided it was not in their best interest to replace everyones defective IM LSB. I think also with the cap vs redskull dio.

yes they decided it was not in their best interest to replace everyones defective IM LSB. I think also with the cap vs redskull dio.

They eventually got some replacements IM LSB's but because they had minor imperfections upon inspection in the SS warehouse they were offered at a discount but they were not returnable for any paint damage. I didn't care for it but it was the only way to get an exclusive version and got a replacement that only had a small area scuffed on the back of the neck.

Here is my angry thread about it from back then...guess it is gaining relevance again.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24253

Funny thing is that SS said they improved their packaging based on feedback from these previous issues and it is still biting them in the ass.

well...just got #440 in the mail...and boy is it ****ed up...I have paint residue on that plastic they used to line the styrofoam....I got one really major rub on the leg and alot all over the piece..mine even has a dimple on his back....8 months waiting for this piece and they couldnt even use a piece of tissue over the statue....I hope for a replacement but if this packing issue is not addressed whats the point....will post pics later....this pisses me off....all due to ****ty packing....

Back