Statues Or 1/6 Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow so many different opinions! i love it! , i collect both because there are just too many things that catch my eye!

I agree. Regardless your preference 3/4, 1/6, statue of all sorts (PF, Diorama etc.) the craftsmanship has steadily improved over the past few years.

Great time to be a collector.

I just buy what I like.
I have a bit of everything in my collection, 1:1 busts, mini busts,
PF's, 1/6 figs, Props. Not to fussed really, what ever catches my
eye.

Well, after getting my first 3 PF's I have started to cut way back on the 1/6 (but I did just get a DX Joker last night.) I like the 1/6 but for what I collect there have not been enough of them that have been good enough quality to buy and when I can get a great PF like Vlad for about the cost of 3 1/6 its worth it.

Only 1:6 and maybe a prop or two. To me, high end 1:6 figures are practically like fine art statues because of their level of detail and craftmanship, but all the more better because you can choose the pose yourself! And when you're bored of the pose, you can change it!

But mostly it's like 16k said. It's fulfilling the inner child. To me, the figures hold the same awe that I used to have as a kid when I would see and get a new toy. Obviously when we look at those old toys now with adult eyes you see all the flaws. But Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc have created versions that match the memory and inspire the same sense of wonder.

1/6 only. Mainly figures, but I will pick up 1/6 scale statues that catch my eye like those made by Hard Hero, Kotobukiya, WETA's Sauron, the upcoming Sideshow Hulkbuster, etc.

1/6 figs are good but if i had to pick pfs would win everytime for me. :)

1/6 figs for me!!! I love the poseability which gives me the opportunity to make the figure "my own" by giving it a pose which suits it.
Also changing poses once in a while is another fun aspect of this hobby IMO. :)

I'm not saying I'll never buy a PF or statue, but for poseability, space and money reasons I'll stick to 1/6 figures!!!! :rock :rock :rock

1/6 figs for me!!! I love the poseability which gives me the opportunity to make the figure "my own" by giving it a pose which suits it.

I'm not saying I'll never buy a PF or statue, but for poseability, space and money reasons I'll stick to 1/6 figures!!!! :rock :rock :rock

That's a valid point right there! these god damn statues eat your space faster than a hooker eats ya ???? :horror :lol

Allot of valid points. In addition, I prefer the licenses & selections 1:6 offers at this time versus statues. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a statue almost did (a few times) however, I didn't think they would work into my display well. I am certain a PF, diorama (something) will appear one day that I must own and I will buy it.

not Bowens...Sideshow 1/4 PFs look great, but i do agree, if you're building a large PF collection you need a friggin' reservation to diaplay them.

Mostly 1/6 figures but I will and do get the occasional statue as well. Like others have said, variety is the spice of life and I try to be open minded. To be fair there's good and bad of both kinds.

Just 1/6 for me. I don't have the money for statues/PFs or space to display them, if it wasn't for those two factors I'm sure I'd own a couple. You could also say I'm a kid at heart, which is another reason the 1/6 figures appeal to me... but it's mostly money/space issues.

I buy what I like, and I like to keep it varied. I have 1/6 statues, 1/4 statues, smaller statues, PF's, LSB's, mini busts, even McFarlane Spawn figures & the first Simpsons figures on display.

Back