Statues From Around the World Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy K9

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking at some pics I took at the Biltmore Estate, I thought it would be cool to have a thread for statues located at tourist spots and other destinations.

These would of course be statues none of us own but still admire as beautiful art.

I'll start with pics of many of the gorgeous statues at the Biltmore Estate.:D

Enjoy.

I want a statue of this house.:D
bs37.jpg

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs3.jpg

bs4.jpg

bs5.jpg

bs7.jpg

bs8.jpg

Statue of Liberty. Only because I love New York. If this was a thread about architectures then Chrysler Building FTW!:winner

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

hey I went there back in 97 after I graduated high school and before I went off to boot camp.

Don't have any pictures right offhand but also went to Monticello in Virginia.

Are you from the South? I'm from California but I loved it back there.

hey I went there back in 97 after I graduated high school and before I went off to boot camp.

Don't have any pictures right offhand but also went to Monticello in Virginia.

Are you from the South? I'm from California but I loved it back there.

I'm actually from Garysburg, North Carolina, which is right at the top of the state. My family and I are actually planning to go back, during Christmas this year.:D

I'm a big fan of some of Donatello's work but I haven't really looked at too much art since university. Even then, I ignored sculpture a fair bit... this is a great idea for a thread! (I'll have to dig up some pics when I have more time - at work now.)

I've never been to Italy but I'm going there very soon...I can't wait to see Bernini's legacy. This man is/was a master!:bow:bow:bow....

longinus.jpg

teresa.jpg

BerniniAngel03.jpg

bernini_anima.jpg

wgart_-art-b-bernini-gianlore-sculptur-1670-ludovica.jpg

Bernini-688.jpg

Bernini_David.jpg

Have to say, NY is packed with good stuff, but I too loved the Chrysler-
chrysler_empire_state_building_23march02.jpg

I loved this statue, dedicated to the workers that had built the Dam at Chiapa de Corzo's Sumidero Canyon, it is huge... and I mean mahoosive to rival the Argonath!
1951405870_87eab2d06d.jpg

it had quite a communist vibe, but half the impact was that from a distance you couldn't get any scale because it was at the end of the Chiapas gorge which is 1km high in places. But as you got closer you began to see it dwarfing the boat you were in. Hairs on the back of your neck moment. That white spec you see at the bottom in this pic is a pleasure boat carrying tourists along the canyon-
Chiapas,%20Chiapa%20de%20Corzo,%20Canyon%20of%20Sumidero%20-%20Photo%20by%20SECTUR.jpg

Another cool one was the Lid of Palenque. It was well over 10 years ago that I visited Palenque in Chiapas (they filmed Predator there), I don't think you are allowed into the temple now, it was pretty steep, wet and dark, but worth the trek, this is the actual thing-
lid.jpg

And this shows a carved copy to enhance the detail... some think it shows a star pilot... I don't think that!
palenque.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a picture I took of the Statue of Liberty when I was in New York almost exactly a year ago .............

IMG_4417.jpg

New York was amazing!

nice pics guys!!i have not traveled abroad ,but here in greece we have a lot of nice statues!!when i have the chance i will upload some photos!!

Back