Star Wars Yoda Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up going with a Cyberman yoda! After much thought and deliberation I wanted to go with something more screen accurate. It will be pose-able in the ears, mouth and arms. The price point after shipping is a couple hundred less than the Sideshow offering.

Nice. Do you know what the main body is made up of and when you say posable mouth does that mean there are accurate teeth within the mouth too? How long before you're supposed to have the finished work in hand?

Nice. Do you know what the main body is made up of and when you say posable mouth does that mean there are accurate teeth within the mouth too? How long before you're supposed to have the finished work in hand?

It is targeted for May, though I know with custom works you never can really tell. The legs are in a locked statue pose for stability, the body is a foam form and the arms have a wire that makes them able to pose. For a little extra money he installs wires inside of the ears and mouth to make it slightly able to pose. I was told that he will have teeth added to make the mouth work. I know that the movement is not huge, but it is enough to get some display variance. This little guy is done from top to bottom, it includes all clothing, accessories, paint, hair, etc. I think the only thing I need to do when it arrives is attach the head and futz it.

I know the EFX puppet version is looming on the horizon, but if they charge $800 for a helmet and a gun... I cannot imagine he will be priced anywhere near where Sideshow and Cyberman are at. I think the latest pics have changed my perspective on the Sideshow Yoda though, I think he is looking great, and is also a great collection solution for the character.

It is targeted for May, though I know with custom works you never can really tell. The legs are in a locked statue pose for stability, the body is a foam form and the arms have a wire that makes them able to pose. For a little extra money he installs wires inside of the ears and mouth to make it slightly able to pose. I was told that he will have teeth added to make the mouth work. I know that the movement is not huge, but it is enough to get some display variance. This little guy is done from top to bottom, it includes all clothing, accessories, paint, hair, etc. I think the only thing I need to do when it arrives is attach the head and futz it.

I know the EFX puppet version is looming on the horizon, but if they charge $800 for a helmet and a gun... I cannot imagine he will be priced anywhere near where Sideshow and Cyberman are at. I think the latest pics have changed my perspective on the Sideshow Yoda though, I think he is looking great, and is also a great collection solution for the character.

Any links to the site etc and prices :)

I ended up going with a Cyberman yoda! After much thought and deliberation I wanted to go with something more screen accurate. It will be pose-able in the ears, mouth and arms. The price point after shipping is a couple hundred less than the Sideshow offering.

Congrats jra! Can't go wrong either way IMO. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Made a little YouTube video of my Yoda if you guys want to check it out. I know it's a little shaky in parts and there's some similar angles that are repeated, but hope you guys like it!

Congrats jra! Can't go wrong either way IMO. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Made a little YouTube video of my Yoda if you guys want to check it out. I know it's a little shaky in parts and there's some similar angles that are repeated, but hope you guys like it!

Awesome thanks Mattman

While I would love one all of my budget is getting spent else where. If they dropped a lot maybe but let's see what happens

Its a good deal if you can get the 20% off code. If this doesn't sit on the shelves and sells out it will go up.

Nice video! The yoda theme makes it even more awesome!

Thanks a lot guys. Glad you like the video.

mattman, how big was the shipper box for this guy?

It comes in two boxes, one for Yoda and one for the base. Both are pretty big. The Yoda box is roughly 21L x 17.5W x 35H and the base box is around 26 x 26 x 15.5

spent the last week trying to generate the 20% code, all what I was able to get is 5% & 10%, seems it's not meant to be lol

Waiting for eFX...

That's what he said too: :p

efx products.jpg

Waiting for eFX...

Efx should be good, but I cringe at what their price will be. Also theirs is a puppet so I question what materials he will be made of and how long it will last. Also efx dropped the muppet line due to not being able to find a good and capable manufacturer. Yoda will be way harder to manufacture than a fabric puppet.

Cyberman is working on an insane v4 of his Yoda sculpt. It is made with accurate measurements and with painstaking references. Efx is saying that their Yoda is from an actual Yoda mold, but from what I understand...none really survived. Their mold may be based upon a pull from an original mold. I will be curious to see their prices in it.

I still keep hoping I could just get a 20% off code and get this. Wonder if third party distributors would eventually offer this at a lower price.

I still keep hoping I could just get a 20% off code and get this. Wonder if third party distributors would eventually offer this at a lower price.

me too! now they are having a discount on most of their products, maybe when that finish they will go back for the initial offer.

me too! now they are having a discount on most of their products, maybe when that finish they will go back for the initial offer.

Crossing my fingers for this. Really don't wanna go get any other yoda. This pose is just the one I wanted.

Hi Entrari,

Yes I agree, the pose is perfect for him. Grab him while you can . Excellent piece ! I got mine about a week ago superb overall. A great looking piece so much presence and so lifelike. Pride of my collection as well as Dr Doom LSF.

Cheers

Efx should be good, but I cringe at what their price will be. Also theirs is a puppet so I question what materials he will be made of and how long it will last. Also efx dropped the muppet line due to not being able to find a good and capable manufacturer. Yoda will be way harder to manufacture than a fabric puppet.

Cyberman is working on an insane v4 of his Yoda sculpt. It is made with accurate measurements and with painstaking references. Efx is saying that their Yoda is from an actual Yoda mold, but from what I understand...none really survived. Their mold may be based upon a pull from an original mold. I will be curious to see their prices in it.

:exactly:

Cyberman - "NEW 2015" 1:1 ESB YODA Sculpt

11311019_10206716796864110_152836224_n.jpg Yoda_Comp4.jpg

Back