Star Wars theme vs Superman theme

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you favorite?

• Star Wars

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Superman

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its gotta be Superman for me, Star Wars is great but Superman is down right inspirational.

It's gonna be a sad sad day when this guy has to leave us.
WalWillfinal.jpg

I have to give the bump to Superman.

When the S shoots up on the screen, with the theme pumping, nothing comes close.

EVILFACE said:
I have to give the bump to Superman.

When the S shoots up on the screen, with the theme pumping, nothing comes close.

Hell yea. I remember seeing Superman Returns at the graumans chinese theater in hollywood. the director, writers, and some cast people were watching as well, and people were going crazy when that first theme came up. good stuff. whenever I play a superman game, I just mute the game, and fly around to williams' music....god, that's pathetic.

Star Wars.

I love Williams but I loved Jerry Goldsmith even better. That was a very depressing day for me and movies have never been the same since. John Rambo won't be the same without hearing a new Goldsmith score. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

The Raiders March! :chew :monkey5

Seriously though, between the Raiders theme, The Supeman theme, Star Wars, Jaws...Nobody comes CLOSE to John Williams for best orchestral theme music in cinema. There, I said it.

Although Lalo Schifrin's BULLIT score is pretty cool too...for it's time. It gets me all jazzed up too! :)

Indiana Fett said:
The Raiders March! :chew :monkey5

Seriously though, between the Raiders theme, The Supeman theme, Star Wars, Jaws...Nobody comes CLOSE to John Williams for best orchestral theme music in cinema. There, I said it.

Although Lalo Schifrin's BULLIT score is pretty cool too...for it's time. It gets me all jazzed up too! :)

I'd throw in:

Ennio Morricone - Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)
Basil Poledouris - The Anvil of Crom (Conan the Barbarian)
Brad Fiedel - The Terminator Theme (Terminator)
Danny Elfman - Batman Theme (Batman)
John Carpenter - The Halloween Theme (Halloween)

As the best theme songs ever.

Basil Poledouris - Conan the Babarian - GREATEST SOUNDTRACK EVER!!!!!!!

Between Star Wars and Superman I would have to say Superman. But only the more "powerful theme" you know when he grabs Zods hand and crushes it in 2. That part. That part of th theme still gives me goosebumps!

The other part of the theme, the more "comic superman" theme, sounds a tad too much like Star Wars.

I don't know. Perhaps overall the Star Wars theme wins as it is consistantly great. But man I love that one part of the Sups theme.

Zod-crush1.jpg

JAWS said:
Basil Poledouris - Conan the Babarian - GREATEST SOUNDTRACK EVER!!!!!!!

Between Star Wars and Superman I would have to say Superman. But only the more "powerful theme" you know when he grabs Zods hand and crushes it in 2. That part. That part of th theme still gives me goosebumps!

The other part of the theme, the more "comic superman" theme, sounds a tad too much like Star Wars.

I don't know. Perhaps overall the Star Wars theme wins as it is consistantly great. But man I love that one part of the Sups theme.

Zod-crush1.jpg
new desktop:cool: !!

The SW theme instantly takes me back to 1977 when I was a 5 year old boy completely filled with a sense of wonder and awe.

However, the Supes theme instantly takes me back to 1978 when I was a 6 year old boy and believed a man could fly. It also makes me want to leap out my window and go save the world and punch evildoers.

Slight edge: Superman Theme

Close Encounters!!!!

oh, sorry..

The Star Wars theme is fantastic, although it isn't my favorite piece in that score. My favorite Star Wars music goes to 'Ben's theme' or the 'Force theme'. I don't remember what it's called on the actual score. :D

The Superman theme is amazing and positive and I love that one too. hmmm, this question is too difficult.

Star Wars wins for me, just so I'm not too indecisive
Trev

Back