Star Wars theme vs Superman theme

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you favorite?

• Star Wars

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Superman

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even as big a fan of SW as I am, I give my thumbs up to Superman.
Williams wrote a patriotic and romantic theme that supports an historic established property (as opposed to the blank slate that SW was). It's a part of cinema magic as a whole that does justice to a comic book character on the big screen. It still gives me chills of the good kind when it starts quietly and ramps to the fanfare.

I love the SW Theme, but the Superman theme is better IMO. I will always love that one. Now, if we were judging the Imperial March versus Superman theme, SW would win. :lol

I love the SW Theme, but the Superman theme is better IMO. I will always love that one. Now, if we were judging the Imperial March versus Superman theme, SW would win. :lol

Yea, there are a couple of SW themes that can beat superman. Yoda's Theme, Love Theme (from attack of the clones), Princess Leia's Theme, Luke and Leia Theme, etc.

Yea, there are a couple of SW themes that can beat superman. Yoda's Theme, Love Theme (from attack of the clones), Princess Leia's Theme, Luke and Leia Theme, etc.

Don't forget Battle of the Heroes, one of Williams best pieces in the entire saga in my opinion.

Tough call, but I'd have to go with Superman's theme. Comparing the full scores is even harder as both have so many great moments. I think an interesting follow up question would be Leia's theme vs. Superman's Love theme.

Film Score Monthly just finished publishing a great six-part article on Williams. There is some great stuff in it, including some rare tidbits from his personal life. A fun read if you have the time:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2007/05_Jul---Timelines_John_Williams_Part_Six.asp

Tough call, but I'd have to go with Superman's theme. Comparing the full scores is even harder as both have so many great moments. I think an interesting follow up question would be Leia's theme vs. Superman's Love theme.

Film Score Monthly just finished publishing a great six-part article on Williams. There is some great stuff in it, including some rare tidbits from his personal life. A fun read if you have the time:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/articles/2007/05_Jul---Timelines_John_Williams_Part_Six.asp

Or Superman's Love Theme vs Love Theme (Attack of the Clones)

Bump From the past. :)

Listening to the Supes theme right now, and as much as i love the SW theme(S) Supes is tops!

SupermanSymbol.gif

How is one supposed to make up their mind when it's back 1000 pages?(lots of kids haven't seen it) Besides it's a great topic IMO.

You think that's better than the superman theme or the SW theme?

to each his own, enjoy man!

Yep. Way better. Hate Superman, theme is good, but eh. Star Wars....never really LIKED it. I know it, I hear it all the time....but I never felt that musical rush with it.

Anakin Vs. Obi Wan had a better theme.

I think Superman is the better piece of work. There seems to be more going on there.

I think, overall, Star Wars is the better body of work, of course! But that's taking in a lot of other pieces, not just the main theme, primarily the Imperial March, Dual of the Fates, Yoda's theme and the Ewok theme, which I particularly like. It's been a bit marred by the new pieces for the ROTJ special edition though... ugh.

Back