Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 3 :lol prove to me that i’m dealing with an intellect here.

My 3 :lol in response to your 3 :lol should not offer you the same comfort only red flags.

:lol :lol :lol
I'll raise your 3 cocoons for another 3...call or raise

I think I’ve seen this played out before......give me
a sec.

Oh yea, it’s Anakin. Good ole grandpa....except Kylo killed his master whereas Anakin didn’t until he was much older

But that's the problem, Kylo is like Anakin, who despite some actions, was still a good guy when he was acting like this. Once he turned to Vader, he became truly evil and a true villain.

So unless this trilogy is being made to setup Episode 10-12, then getting to the 3rd movie without Kylo establishing himself as Vader and not Anakin is a waste of time, the trilogy needs a solid villain.

What if they do Episode 9 in two parts like Harry Potter? That might be the only way to fix it. I still am bewildered that people signed off on this movie, it is atrocious. Luke Skywalker himself expressed his disconcert. I keep thinking it was a bad dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furthermore, this isn't the story of the Skywalkers anymore. It's the story of Rey, and to a lesser extent, Kylo. As such, it really shouldn't be a main SW story. And Rey isn't even a good replacement for the Skywalkers.

That's another good point, KK said at the outset that the main saga is about three generations of Skywalkers. So either Rey turns out to be a Skywalker after all or Kylo is the only one (and is hopefully redeemed in IX).

Even if VIII meant to show that "anybody" can be a hero, it helps if that "anybody" just happens to have massive Force powers!

But that's the problem, Kylo is like Anakin, who despite some actions, was still a good guy when he was acting like this. Once he turned to Vader, he became truly evil and a true villain.

So unless this trilogy is being made to setup Episode 10-12, then getting to the 3rd movie without Kylo establishing himself as Vader and not Anakin is a waste of time, the trilogy needs a solid villain.

No disagreement.....most parts can be traced back to the OT, it’s simply a matter of cut n paste with the series.

Perhaps their goal is the coulda / woulda / shoulda if Anakin ascended to power without Palpatine. Who knows at this point, the trilogy isn’t finished.

That's another good point, KK said at the outset that the main saga is about three generations of Skywalkers. So either Rey turns out to be a Skywalker after all or Kylo is the only one (and is hopefully redeemed in IX).

Even if VIII meant to show that "anybody" can be a hero, it helps if that "anybody" just happens to have massive Force powers!

She literally lied to George's face regarding the future of the Skywalkers, at 00:45:

"Make sure that they still continue to live in the way that you created them".
Not only did Luke die, but he died while not being the character George Lucas created for most of the movie.

I thought up a way for JJ Abrams to give the big F you back to Rian Johnson. Imagine an episode IX that starts off with Kylo in pursuit of the Falcon with it's few remaining resistance fighters on board. Cut to a scene of Spirit Luke telling spirit Yoda that even with what he had done at the end of TLJ, it wasn't enough to save the galaxy. Giddy as he was in Empire, Yoda asks again, "So certain are you?" With that Yoda disappears and is shown speaking with porgs. The porgs one by one communicate to each other even across huge distances and go into a meditative state. As each porg enters this state, reality seems to bend. The rebels on the Falcon notice a temporal shift but cannot pinpoint what's causing it. We find out that each porg is a part of the force but collectively has the force ability to alter time itself. More and more porgs add their presence, reality continues to bend. Luke starts to fade and can't figure out why. Just as Kylo is about to fire on the Falcon, the Falcon disappears. All the porgs save for two, a male and female still on Ach-To, become one with the force. This was a feat that can never be attempted again for many generations and risks the very existence of the porg race. Luke awakens and to his surprise, finds himself back at his Jedi Academy. Wasn't this all destroyed he asks himself? A young Ben Solo enters his hut asking if training will begin soon. Luke realizes that time has reverted and somehow he is back to the real world, given another chance to right a very large wrong...... This would be a huge opportunity for JJ to basically say to Rian, you threw away all my plot points so i am throwing away yours, also saving the franchise in the process. They could continue using the phrase, "This isn't going to end the way you think it is!" in trailers. And one of Rian's own creation, porgs, would be the thing that undoes his hideous movie. Just a thought anyways.

Decanonize the past. Retcon it. That is the only way the ST will become what it was meant to be.

Couldn't agree more. Probably the most important thing (in any heroic story) that was derailed in TLJ.

Darth Kennedy is a powerful villain. ...turning those that appose her to pillow biters

Darth Kennedy does not believe in Star Wars, That is why she failed....to her it's a thing,a tool for $$$ agenda,and power....The Emperor would be pleased,but would know she would turn against him like Kylo did with Smoke....evil beetch

All these YouTube videos speculations on what “really” happened are redundant. They are giving Ruin Johnson too much credit on this abysmal plot. More questions piled on top of even more questions, do we really care about Episode 9 now?

Not
Mine

But really funny and true....

f32e522d6267d7e8347e71d3914fbb8f.jpg

c15ed53d57aaed9f96dd07b5a457e136.jpg

99793725945858425f108b2de2f42076.jpg

357bfcacb0c5de023bd858e05e44a109.jpg

99b872e935e09461ffa93abbed38115c.jpg

d06f913dd0beeb40c818cc507c81e62b.jpg
ff0344c6c979a6858b8bc81f3b99afd3.jpg

All these YouTube videos speculations on what “really” happened are redundant. They are giving Ruin Johnson too much credit on this abysmal plot. More questions piled on top of even more questions, do we really care about Episode 9 now?

I think they need to be taken as "will JJ come up with something similar to that theory to save Episode IX?".
Because of course Ruin didn't plan any of this, all the good stuff that could possibly happen in IX and will shine a better light on the events of TLJ won't be thanks to him.

One thing for sure is these are piss poor sequels to the greatest 3 part movies of all time (OT) About 20-25 years too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back