Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ReyJocasta.jpg

JocastaSnoke.jpg

:panic::panic::panic:

Last edited:
I think there is literally no chance TLJ won't make it to $1 billion.

Probably... but its not so easy. GOTG v2 didn't make it. Thor 3 likely won't. And Justice League won't, not nearly.

None of the PT ever made it to a billion. TFA had a new production company, a popular director and the old cast come back. Nothing new about this one. The longer running time means fewer showings overall to recoup monies. And the 2nd chapter in a Star Wars trilogy usually fares the worst financially. So it has a lot going against it. There's a very good chance TLJ makes it to 800+ million worldwide before it peeters out.

Rogue One is the oddball. It is giving confidence that any Star Wars movie is a billion-dollar-machine that it may not be.

We will see. All things get tired.

Well, at the very least, they won't get my tiny little handful of sheckels. I'm not contributing to any more SW Disney box office takes.

Probably... but its not so easy. GOTG v2 didn't make it. Thor 3 likely won't. And Justice League won't, not nearly.

None of the PT ever made it to a billion. TFA had a new production company, a popular director and the old cast come back. Nothing new about this one. The longer running time means fewer showings overall to recoup monies. And the 2nd chapter in a Star Wars trilogy usually fares the worst financially. So it has a lot going against it. There's a very good chance TLJ makes it to 800+ million worldwide before it peeters out.

sigpic4605_123.gif

When it comes to performance...

Star wars episodes are akin to Avengers

Star wars "stories" are like Marvel Solo movies

I highly doubt any will repeat TFA's box office, but unless there are serious (JL calibre) problems with the movie, 1 billion will be easy.

Guess who made a guest appearance in Borderlands 2 ?

e8a1bf96b1f8ff031a608be5d77434a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rey and Laura Dern look like they are going to prom in the top 2 pictures. All they need is a corsage and a guy in a tuxedo to pose with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back