Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet those pt movies seem Oscar worthy now. Revenge of the sith wasn’t even bad lol

Wow, great catch! I hadn't noticed that at all! I only saw it once, but have been itching to see it again. It was definitely my favorite Star Wars thus far!!

Nice! TLJ is #4 for me but #1-6 is actually one hell of a tight cluster of awesomeness with ESB and SW forever entrenched at #1 and #2.

For me:

ANH/ESB
ROTJ
ROTS
TFA
Ewok diarrhea
AOTC/TLJ
Root canal without pain killer
TPM

I haven't seen RO... not sure if I really want to.

:lol :lol

If Master DiFabio caught me doing this he would be very grumpy.

tumblr_ojvufy0sbB1vkhx8qo2_400.gif

As a parody trilogy, The Farce Awakens and The Lost Jedi are hilarious. They have some great humor, some great moments, they're fun.

But compared to the previous Star Wars movies, they don't even feel like Star Wars - they're a joke.

Just curious if any other women are feeling cheated by Disney? They butcher all the male characters (Han running and hiding, Luke Running and Hiding, Finn always ready to cut and run, Poe trigger-happy and has to be shot by Leia, Yoda showing up and acting like some weed-happy foggy froggy from the planet Vermont... see a pattern here?) Ruining the men doesn't make the women stronger characters, it's just bad writing from people who don't know how to write a truly strong female lead (or someone has an ax to grind - daddy issues much Mickey Mouse?). It ultimately undermines and defeats the purpose.

Star Wars is dead, may it RIP, now the Farce is with us. Yes it's hilarious and fun, but it's not Star Wars, it's lost its heart and soul. I never thought I'd say this (and I have some big issues with him still), but I miss George Lucas.

Interesting to see women feel this way. And no you're not alone, ''there is another''. not me....as in I don't really like these films either but I'm not female

And the Lucas raped my childhood..... again. That is the dumbest quote ever. I've never actually heard anyone say that other than the YouTube video with 2 grown men, that perhaps are on the spectrum, are singing. And of course all it takes is one saying like that for the media to run wild with it.

I for one have never even remotely felt that way, nor did I ever get angry at Lucas. I was sad of the news of him selling to Disney. I'd rather see his vision, good or bad, as this is his world and us fans are just spectators. If you don't like what you see, you can always turn away.

As a parody trilogy, The Farce Awakens and The Lost Jedi are hilarious. They have some great humor, some great moments, they're fun.

But compared to the previous Star Wars movies, they don't even feel like Star Wars - they're a joke.

Just curious if any other women are feeling cheated by Disney? They butcher all the male characters (Han running and hiding, Luke Running and Hiding, Finn always ready to cut and run, Poe trigger-happy and has to be shot by Leia, Yoda showing up and acting like some weed-happy foggy froggy from the planet Vermont... see a pattern here?) Ruining the men doesn't make the women stronger characters, it's just bad writing from people who don't know how to write a truly strong female lead (or someone has an ax to grind - daddy issues much Mickey Mouse?). It ultimately undermines and defeats the purpose.

Star Wars is dead, may it RIP, now the Farce is with us. Yes it's hilarious and fun, but it's not Star Wars, it's lost its heart and soul. I never thought I'd say this (and I have some big issues with him still), but I miss George Lucas.

Bingo.

You have to look at this deeper from Mark's positon. Look at who he's sitting next to. His open criticism of the films not only, in his mind, hurts Disney's profits, but it also adversely effects his colleagues. So he's probably thinking that he may have been being selfish when he aired his grievances publicly.

Wow. Have you ever seen actors promoting a film by addressing the fact that people hated it? :horror No need for alarm, shareholders. Just look at the box office numbers! The Star Wars franchise is doing just fine. :lol Why would Hamill bother addressing bots, Russian hackers and ghost accounts on RT, anyway? The reality is that everyone loved The Last Jedi, except for a few die hard fans. :cuckoo:

Here's my ranking of the Star Wars Films:

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Rogue One

I pretend that the rest don't exist. The Force Awakens would have been 5th on the list, but it forces me to acknowledge TLJ...

Wow. Have you ever seen actors promoting a film by addressing the fact that people hated it? :horror No need for alarm, shareholders. Just look at the box office numbers! The Star Wars franchise is doing just fine. :lol Why would Hamill bother addressing bots, Russian hackers and ghost accounts on RT, anyway? The reality is that everyone loved The Last Jedi, except for a few die hard fans. :cuckoo:

This guy gets it. :monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back