Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not one to sing ROTS's praises but I actually don't mind the idea of Anakin turning on Padme at all. He was a fully unhinged psychopath at that point in time and in that specific moment he saw Padme as his ultimate betrayer. Think Harvey Keitel blowing away Tim Roth at the end of Reservoir Dogs.

I'm not one to sing ROTS's praises but I actually don't mind the idea of Anakin turning on Padme at all. He was a fully unhinged psychopath at that point in time and in that specific moment he saw Padme as his ultimate betrayer. Think Harvey Keitel blowing away Tim Roth at the end of Reservoir Dogs.

But how would he get to "fully unhinged psychopath" in the first place? He was a trained Jedi. He'd been in the Jedi Order for how many years? And more relevantly, he was about to be granted a seat on the Jedi Council! When did he go from a conflicted but worthy Jedi with anger issues to fully unhinged psychopath? The Windu hand slice? That moment of conflicted trauma? That's all it takes? Wow! But it's Luke's ultimate impulsiveness and irrational shift in behavior in TLJ that people object to coming out of nowhere?

I guess Kenobi (and Padme, and . . . everyone else) was horribly oblivious when it came to judging Anakin's mental fitness and stability. All right; well, I'm clearly the only one missing something here, so I'll concede the point.

But how would he get to "fully unhinged psychopath" in the first place? He was a trained Jedi. He'd been in the Jedi Order for how many years? And more relevantly, he was about to be granted a seat on the Jedi Council! When did he go from a conflicted but worthy Jedi with anger issues to fully unhinged psychopath? The Windu hand slice? That moment of conflicted trauma? That's all it takes? Wow! But it's Luke's ultimate impulsiveness and irrational shift in behavior in TLJ that people object to coming out of nowhere?

I guess Kenobi (and Padme, and . . . everyone else) was horribly oblivious when it came to judging Anakin's mental fitness and stability. All right; well, I'm clearly the only one missing something here, so I'll concede the point.

You don't need to concede anything to me, ROTS is pretty much non-canon garbage to me while I love TLJ, lol. I just think that Anakin "losing it" began with the Sandpeople and then continued to fester and grow until he had an opportunity to pre-emptively slaughter innocents to save a woman he loved instead of merely doing it after the fact as an act of revenge like he did with his mother. That's how I took what George was trying to say anyway but I'm certainly not stating that as any kind of proof that ROTS handled Anakin's fall better than TLJ handled Luke's backsliding. Far from it.

What Khev said (can't believe I'm actually typing that in regards to ROTS :lol)

Discussion of this scene takes me back to this internet classic:

tumblr_ovx8e44ofm1s8fkyqo1_1280.jpg

Brilliant!! I take it all back, Mr. Lucas; you never lost your genius. What a swerve! Tongue getting caught in the podracer pulse, stepping in dung, "conveniently" juggling boombas that end up taking out battle droids at the perfect time . . . all part of the ruse. Damn, GL, you're the man! :lol

I mean it’s true? He played dumb to get the trust and you see him standing next to palpatine at the end when he mace says “ who was destroyed the master or apprentice”.
Lots of subtle hints dropped . There are many other scenes to support jar jar was a sith

Bro he has been conflicted for three movies now. And if you want to get deep into it the clone wars does a good job at explaining things. The tv show

I mean it’s true? He played dumb to get the trust and you see him standing next to palpatine at the end when he mace says “ who was destroyed the master or apprentice”.
Lots of subtle hints dropped . There are many other scenes to support jar jar was a sith

Yeah the evidence to support that is both compelling and an interesting read/watch. If it were true, I wish Lucas had stuck with it. He probably wavered from all the Jar-Jar hate. But imagine if Jar-Jar really ended up being a Sith! He'll either be considered a genius or a Rian. ;D

Yeah the evidence to support that is both compelling and an interesting read/watch. If it were true, I wish Lucas had stuck with it. He probably wavered from all the Jar-Jar hate. But imagine if Jar-Jar really ended up being a Sith! He'll either be considered a genius or a Rian. ;D

It would of been a great twist if they’d just throw in a huge hint in tpm. Like he starts talking normal and then smiles deviously

I just think the Force is something not to be explained. Its better that way. I like how the OT explained the force.. It didn't.. It was just an energy that some could bend to their benefit.. No Blood cells, no "If one side has a jedi then the other side needs a sith of equal strength" Just mystical magic :)

Turns out midichlorians would have not only popped up again in Eps VII-IX, but been central to the plot, if George had had his way:

KNEtvlY.jpg

(This also further confirms he had midichlorians in mind from the start)

Funby how sequel fatigue or memorial day didnt affect marvel or pirates of the Caribbean.... interesting. Those did not suffer from that... interesting to see how those things only affected solo

Wow

Actually , Pirates did disappoint...heres the article I was talking about
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.t...ial-day-weekend-totals-lowest-since-1999/amp/

And in case you do not care to read it.....those were to WORST MEMORIAL DAY OPENING.....since...

Wait for it........

The Phantom Menace....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Turns out midichlorians would have not only popped up again in Eps VII-IX, but been central to the plot, if George had had his way:

KNEtvlY.jpg

And now we know that George himself would have deliberately made SW sequels that he knew would alienate a huge portion of the fanbase. Interesting. I guess if we were destined to have divisive films no matter what I'll take lightspeed kamikaze maneuvers over George's Magic School Bus adventure.

And now we know that George himself would have deliberately made SW sequels that he knew would alienate a huge portion of the fanbase. Interesting. I guess if we were destined to have divisive films no matter what I'll take lightspeed kamikaze maneuvers over George's Magic School Bus adventure.

I'd definitely take TFA over George's Magic School Bus Adventure. If Abrams made the entire trilogy with the direction he seemed to be going in, the ST would have been mediocre instead of an abomination. Having to choose between the Magic School Bus or Space-Titty-Milk-Swilling Emo-Gandhi-Luke? I don't like either option, and it's difficult to say which is worse.

:lol

Hope we find out more, will be fascinating to know what we mighta got.

Yeah I hope he spills the beans on what all of his plans were. I'm definitely calling BS on the whole "but at least the whole story from beginning to end would have been told" as if that's what he had been planning all along since the 70's because I know that that is patently untrue. "Tell the whole revised Midichlorian Adventure that I pulled out of my ass when planning the Prequels" would be more accurate.

But I gotta say, no wonder Disney didn’t go for it!

Yeah I can't even imagine what the looks on their faces must have been when George pitched "It's like Joe's Apartment but with Midichlorians instead of cockroaches" lol.

KNEtvlY.jpg

Lol I love how he knows his fan base would of hated it. He knows they don’t like change. He’s basically saying , yea I would of done it but those nerds would write me death threats again so **** it

Back