Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Leia switched on Kylo's saber to kill Han.

Think about it:

They had a spat and she admitted she still loves him, which later embarrassed her.

She was wooded throughout the movie -- hiding an agenda.

She blamed Han for their son's trouble.

She hugged Rey, not Chewbacca -- having used the Force too "see' thru Rey's eyes that the deed was done.

Who would've ever thought.......

MMFR losing to TFA on many lists for the best geek movie of 2015.

The Force > Car parts worshipped as deity.

Sorry George Miller

Star Wars fans outnumber Mad Max fans approximately 3,720 to 1.

Force Awakens got nothing on Mad Max.

Fury Road was the only unique and fresh vision (of blockbusters anyway) of this year. Ultron? Same as Avengers but worse. Jurassic World? Same as Jurassic Park but worse. Terminator Genisys? Same as the Cameron movies, but worse. Mission Impossible? Same as the last one but worse. Spectre? Same as the last Bond, but worse. The Force Awakens? Same as A New Hope but worse.

I dunno about Tomorrowland, didn't see it.

Had the real Mad Max, Mel Gibson been in the film, FR would be #1. Hardy was the weakest part of that film, imo.

Agreed. Should have brought him back, would have been cooler than Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.

Fury Road was the only unique and fresh vision (of blockbusters anyway) of this year. Ultron? Same as Avengers but worse. Jurassic World? Same as Jurassic Park but worse. Terminator Genisys? Same as the Cameron movies, but worse. Mission Impossible? Same as the last one but worse. Spectre? Same as the last Bond, but worse. The Force Awakens? Same as A New Hope but worse.

Agreed. Should have brought him back, would have been cooler than Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.
Personally I don't get the mmfr love. It was ok. The story was nothing original or special. It had some great real stunts. Imo that is all it had. The action was not all that memorable except for the fact it was real stunts. Which is nothing new just refreshing in this cgi day and age. But I know I am in the minority here so I must be missing something. I have yet to watch it a second time so perhaps I will like it more.

I think Leia switched on Kylo's saber to kill Han.

Think about it:

They had a spat and she admitted she still loves him, which later embarrassed her.

She was wooded throughout the movie -- hiding an agenda.

She blamed Han for their son's trouble.

She hugged Rey, not Chewbacca -- having used the Force too "see' thru Rey's eyes that the deed was done.

oBtvNbx.gif

Hear hear! :goodpost: Especially the part in bold.

I should add that mmfr was better than most of the films you listed. Personally I enjoyed Spector and TFA(after second viewing) more.

I liked Spectre just fine and Mission Impossible and Awakens as well.

They didn't really offer me anything new though. I've seen them before. Fury Road on the other hand was whacky and exhilarating, sometimes when I'm on the highway going to work in the morning I play the soundtrack whilst going 100 miles per hour.

Pure insanity and the way the story was told. Through its medium.

You can't make a book about MMFR. It would be awful.

You can make a good read about anything if you have a good writer, I think TFA and FR have a similar pace, but it works better for FR imo, so if they made a novelization for TFA, FR doesn't sound like a stretch to me, not that it's ever gonna happen, there are comicbooks though.

Been wanting to get the Visual Dictionary. Amazon has had it for £7.49 for a while, but you don't get free delivery unless you spend £10.

When I checked this morning they'd knocked £8 off The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Been wanting that as well, so I ordered both for less than the RRP of the Art book.

Nope!

Fury Road was the same as Road Warrior but worse.

SW and TFA had an attack against a weaponized planet.

RW and FR had an attack against a weaponized tanker truck.

Don't make me bribe Evilface to agree with me, i'll do it! :lol

When Kylo took his helmet off he could've sprayed his face silver and run around shouting, "I am awaited!"

:lol :lol

Back