Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna know people's view on Kylo being able to freeze a blaster bolt with the force. No Force-wielder has managed such a feat before.

I just figured it was because nothing else was going on. Every time Ren looks 'powerful' with the force, there is nothing to distract him. As soon as he has to multi task he doesn't seem as dangerous. I put it down to him being strong in the force but having no real idea how to harness the power

He's not wrong about it being a fan film. Still, if you look closely, you can see him dying inside...a little.

1KbW6sI.jpg

I could really have done without seeing a phallic BB8

When a film is enjoyable I don't really care if it's original or not.

S'pose that's why I still like Avatar and why TFA being ANH 2.0 is probably bottom of my small list of criticisms.

Totally agree. I don't over think things. If I did, I wouldn't go to the movies anymore.

He's not wrong about the state of Hollywood not investing in blockbuster projects unless they're adaptions

That's very true and very sad. What he was allowed to do just a few decades ago would just never happen today.

A wholly original idea never done before? No! People need tie-ins and branding to fully understand. Its the corporate culture. It has to connect to something; a book, a play, a comic, a park ride -- something that can be quantified. It's very, very sad.

Music is even worse off.

Guys if liked this movie do yourself a favor and pick up The Art of the Force Awakens book. GREAT book!

I find it hilarious that 95% of the Freaks here in the movie forum over analyze every minute detail to such a degree that I really don't see how they enjoy going to the movies at all. :lol

Since many of them actually post here from within the theater as they are watching a movie, I bet you're right. How could they enjoy it?

Totally agree. I don't over think things. If I did, I wouldn't go to the movies anymore.

I find it hilarious that 95% of the Freaks here in the movie forum over analyze every minute detail to such a degree that I really don't see how they enjoy going to the movies at all. :lol

I can't speak for everyone... But I find when I don't enjoy a film I tend to overanalyze it... If the movie entertains me I find it easy to ignore things. Basically I think if I find the movie bad or disappointing I try and figure out why I did not enjoy the film. Thus I overanalyze it.

Can't believe people are still complaining about the same couple of details.

I saw it for my second time today, and (still) loved it. I found myself being more emotionally invested this time around, and appreciated Drivers performance even more. This time around I noticed how Snoke and Ren looked at Rey as a ticking time bomb. "the longer we take to find her, the more dangerous she becomes". They know much more about Rey than the audience does, and I have a feeling it will be explained in 8 why she is so adept at the force. It was obvious during the duel that Ren did not want to harm her, as she seemed to have all she could do to hold him off, until she found her inner "force" peace and became so attuned with the force that she was able to best Ren. I had no problem with this, it felt very much in line with how she was becoming more and more adept, as though she had amnesia but was suddenly rediscovering her force memory and ability.

Guys if liked this movie do yourself a favor and pick up The Art of the Force Awakens book. GREAT book!

I have it ordered from Amazon! :yess:

Since many of them actually post here from within the theater as they are watching a movie, I bet you're right. How could they enjoy it?

IF Freaks really are doing that then they need to get a life. :lol

I can't speak for everyone... But I find when I don't enjoy a film I tend to overanalyze it... If the movie entertains me I find it easy to ignore things. Basically I think if I find the movie bad or disappointing I try and figure out why I did not enjoy the film. Thus I overanalyze it.

If I don't enjoy a film then I don't give it another thought. :lol

I drive myself crazy over any movie. :lol

I'm a conflicted SOB!

I can actually hate and love something simultaneously.

I got that from being married for 13 years.

I barely have time for the movies I love. If I had time to dissect every detail of movies I don't like...I'd find better ways to spend that time. :lol

I drive myself crazy over any movie. :lol

I'm a conflicted SOB!

I can actually hate and love something simultaneously.

I got that from being married for 13 years.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I barely have time for the movies I love. If I had time to dissect every detail of movies I don't like...I'd find better ways to spend that time. :lol

I hear ya! :lol

Yes, that's the Mandalorian symbol. The Mandalorians or "Children of Mandalore" were a nomadic group of clan-based people consisting of members from multiple species and multiple genders, all bound by a common culture.

Not anymore, the whole canon was thrown out remember? Thanks to Disney that symbol could be some Trojan Comdom Symbol Boba likes.

Back