Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unintentionally, their eyes met— and the stare held. Man and Wookiee realized it might be for the last time. Nothing more was said. Nothing more needed to be. There never had been, over the years, an excess of superficial chatter between the two whenever there was work to be done. Each knew his job and did it. That did not keep Han from pausing a moment to look back. When he did, he discovered Chewbacca gazing in his direction. Same ethic, different species, same thought, Han mused.
He pointed stiffly. “Go! Before things get messy.”
Chewie complied, this time without looking back. Han watched him for a long moment. Then he, too, turned and raced off.

Rey appeared equally shocked that her reach for the device had exceeded his. She gazed down at the weapon now resting in her grip.
“It is you,” Ren murmured.
His words unsettled her: Not for the first time, he seemed to know more about her than she did about herself.

"Kill him," a voice inside her head said. It was amorphous, unidentifiable, raw. Pure vengeful emotion. So easy, she told herself. So quick.
She recoiled from it. From the dark side.

When Kylo took his helmet off he could've sprayed his face silver and run around shouting, "I am awaited!"

Z15CIZ8.png
:lol

Fury Road Unique and Fresh?! Only if you haven't seen A Mad Max movie before that one.

I can't think of a single movie last year I'd call unique, the closest might be Inside Out, but even that owes a lot to Herman's Head.

When a film is enjoyable I don't really care if it's original or not.

S'pose that's why I still like Avatar and why TFA being ANH 2.0 is probably bottom of my small list of criticisms.

Good point Mr. a.

Lets see what Mr. D, Mr. k, Mr. r, Mr. C and Mr. W will have to say about this.

This forum is in desperate need of Ms's. :lol

Last edited:
Because a MM movie without mad Mel feels wrong. :lol

Women love it, it's their feel good movie of the year, that is until Rey came along.

Chicks are doing good this year. :lol

-Main Mcguffin-like character who is a pivotal point in the existence of main antagonist and who is implied could aid in fixing the situation is revealed at the very end of the movie.
-One of the co-protagonists is left in a comma with a halfassed goodbye from the other protagonist and an unfinished arc.
-The other protagonist also has an unfinished arc.
-Movie literally states main antagonist still has development left, another unfinished arc.

As opposed to:
-All protagonists in ANH complete a personal arc

Yeah no, totally.

:exactly:

Not to mention the plot-points never explained or to be explained later like why Finn was different from other brainwashed troopers and how Maz got the lightsaber and why Artoo woke up when convenient

Sorry if it's been gone over as I haven't read the whole thread. What's the opinion on the weapon the storm trooper was wielding that was deflecting the light saber attack by Finn?

I wanna know people's view on Kylo being able to freeze a blaster bolt with the force. No Force-wielder has managed such a feat before.

George Lucas on SW TFA on the Charlie Ross show

"They wanted to do a retro movie. I don't like that. Every movie I work very hard to make them completely different, with different planets, with different spaceships, make it new."

"They looked at the stories, and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans'....They decided they didn't want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing....They weren't that keen to have me involved anyway - but if I get in there, I'm just going to cause trouble, because they're not going to do what I want them to do. And I don't have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up. And so I said, 'Okay, I will go my way, and I'll let them go their way.' "

"I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things...[laughs]"

"Everybody went out and made spaceship movies and they were all horrible and they all lost tons of money. And you say, there's more to it than that. You just can't go out and do spaceships. Of course, the only way you could really do that [make money] is not take chances. Only do something that's proven. You gotta remember, 'Star Wars' came from nowhere. 'American Graffiti' came from nowhere. There was nothing like it. Now, if you do anything that's not a sequel or not a TV series or doesn't look like one, they won't do it!"

I guess he never saw Guardians of the Galaxy, Alien and Aliens to name a few? :lol

Lucas has gone totally fruit loop. He must be hurting so bad that he didn't have any control or say any more.

Different planets in every movie?

*cough* Tatooine *cough*

"...all I would do is muck everything up." Yes, we know, George, we've seen the prequels.

He's not wrong about the state of Hollywood not investing in blockbuster projects unless they're adaptions

And he's right about the spaceships too. TFA used the falcon and X-Wings and Star-Detroyer over inventing new and interesting ships. I was shocked Rens shuttle made it into the movie and wasn't replaced by an Imperial Shuttle tbh

:exactly:

Not to mention the plot-points never explained or to be explained later like why Finn was different from other brainwashed troopers and how Maz got the lightsaber and why Artoo woke up when convenient

I wanna know people's view on Kylo being able to freeze a blaster bolt with the force. No Force-wielder has managed such a feat before.
Which is why I don't believe Rey or Finn would have stood a chance against him, hurt or not.

Back