Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And maybe he could taken a bit of damage or turned a little more sithy so he wasn't such an Andy Sandberg/Napolean Dynamite looking mother****er.

:lol:lol:lol

Kylo when nobody is watching :lol

xQ3jW9G.gif

I thought the way they handled
Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought quite the opposite with this. It had a huge emotional impact and was a super important Ren story development point for the rest of the trilogy. Great bit of dialogue also, it was what Ren "needed" he wanted his father to "help" him, unfortunately in all the wrong ways. Then..Chewy going into action, Leia feeling it, and the moment itself where great. CG body falling? Ah come on, it was very good.

Wait a minute, Finn said to Yoda 2.0 that he had seen and done some really bad things....but then he tells Rey that what happened to him in the begging of the film was his very first mission and that he couldn't kill anyone....what? Then WTF did he do that was so bad? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm still wondering how is it possible for some Star Wars fans to say TFA sucked, being crap, or the worst of all SW movies. We know it is not perfect, but still to be that bad? If you are a true SW fan, how can you not enjoy at least a bit of it?

Spoilers below, honestly if you're still checking this thread and haven't seen it yet you shouldn't be surprised to read spoilers.

I liked it overall. Had the feeling of the original three which was well done.

Random thoughts below

It was cool seeing the milenium falcon in action again,big smile on my face when I saw it.

Agreed. Seeing the Falcon in action again was just pure awesomeness.

I was not happy about Han...he has always been my favorite character and I felt he still had more to give us in sequels.

I felt it was necessary. It needed to happen to forward the story. *SPOILER* When the star was fully drained of it's energy and dimmed, I saw that as the last glimmer of goodness in Kylo being extinguished forever, ultimately leading him to commit the act. It was both symbolic and literal, and I thought it was a tragic yet fitting way for that legacy to end.

I didn't like Finn wielding the lightsaber, cheapened it to me a little.

Disagree. It's implied that the Force lay dormant for a good part of 3 decades, and with no one hanging around with any real knowledge of the Force, lightsaber duals has somewhat become a lost art. I feel it's not unreasonable for normal non-Force sensitive people to think they know how to handle the weapon, not regarding it as an "elegant weapon for a more civilized age". I thought it was fitting for Finn to give it a shot. His confidence grew when he learned how to fire spacecraft based weapons, and I saw that same confidence shine through when wielding the lightsaber.

I also didn't like how Rey, who has never held a lightsaber, was able to go toe to toe with Kylo ren....come on.

Let's assume that Kylo received no formal training in the art of the lightsaber. His ability was fueled by negative emotions. On the contrast, Rey had a natural ability and the will to fight. I thought they did a fantastic job of making sure the audience knew that Rey was more than capable of handling herself. *SPOILER* Given that she's Force sensitive, it could be that those natural abilities were enhanced subconsciously through the Force.

I Felt like there were some plot holes and a little more back story for the past 30 years would have been nice. How big was the resistance force? Who was the first order working for?

My feelings are the exact opposite. In the prequel trilogies we were being spoon fed too much information and we as fans felt insulted by this. Less is more, and in this case it worked brilliantly. We're left asking many questions, which we hope will be fleshed out as the sequel trilogy progresses. But by leaving us wanting to know more, keeping us intrigued by shrouding some of the detail in mystery, I think the writers hit it out of the park. I left that theater upset that I have to wait a couple years to finally get some more answers! The cliffhanger harkened back to the ending of Empire Strikes Back, where you left feeling unfulfilled because there was no sense of closure. Anytime a movie can generate that level of desire, leaves you wanting more of it, that's the hallmark of a great cliffhanger.

Seriously, another Death Star built inside a planet that is destroyed by flying an X wing down a narrow path....

Yeah, I feel it was there so the Resistance fighter pilots had something to destroy while other drama was unfolding. *SPOILER* Although more devastating than the original Death Star by far, with the ability to destroy multiple worlds in a single shot, I feel the imminent threat of this planet sized terror was a bit downplayed. However, it does take us back to what we loved about the original trilogy, and part of that is seeing the David vs. Goliath space battles which in essence defines "Star Wars".

I thought Kylo ren was awesome in the first 40 minutes before he took the mask off and went all emo, he really is the grandson of anakin. He was a pure bad ass before this was revealed...the scene where he force freezes the blaster laser was really cool.

Kylo was a great villain. No, he's not Darth Vader, but he's not meant to be. He's actually a more terrifying villain because of his emotional and mental instability. He's a reflection of what modern society today deems threatening. A young and misguided antagonist driven by a desire to live up a forgone legacy he feels was right. Very Neo-Nazi like. I want to know more about him. What drove him there. What did he see or experience that started him down that dark path? Unmasked we were able to see that evil takes all forms, including that which is not a hulking monstrosity (Vader), but rather something that is not as cookie-cutter as typical Star Wars bad guys.

Is the supreme darth plagiues?

Curious about this as well. Only time will tell.

I assume Rey will be revealed to be Luke's daughter.

One part of me says this is true, but the other part is telling me that this would be too obvious. *SPOILER* I think we can rule out her and Kylo being brother and sister considering Leia would know if she had two kids. So that begs the question who is Rey? Where does she come from? How did she end up in that place? Could she be related to another character that has not been introduced at this point, yet may be significant in the overall continuity?

Overall great movie

Indeed.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

So saw TFA tonight... I thought it was good, not great, not amazing but good. I am probably going to see it again but I do that with most movies I like so v0v ;p

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Let's assume that Kylo received no formal training in the art of the lightsaber. His ability was fueled by negative emotions. On the contrast, Rey had a natural ability and the will to fight. I thought they did a fantastic job of making sure the audience knew that Rey was more than capable of handling herself. *SPOILER* Given that she's Force sensitive, it could be that those natural abilities were enhanced subconsciously through the Force.

Nah. I didn't like the way Rey was handled.

She got too powerful too fast.

As it currently stands, she is well on her way to becoming a Mary Sue space pilot, smuggler, Jedi, and chosen one to balance the universe. And to top it off, she now owns the millennium falcon and has chewie as the co pilot.

Anyone knows if BB-8 is now officially her pet?

I mean, ****. At least in the OT, they spread out the cool stuff. Luke got the light saber and chosen one mantle. Han got the kick ass cowboy gig, falcon and the girl.

I liked the use of the flame troopers in this movie. I remember when the HT figure was announced lots of people were questioning the necessity for stormtroopers with flamethrowers, but I rather liked how they were just sent in after the troops to torch the place, and weren't actually part of the offensive.

I thought the way they handled
Spoiler Spoiler:

Boy did you hit the nail on the head!

This right here negates anything positive you can say about this movie.

^^^^
This is my biggest issue as well. Needed more respect and homage shown to the biggest hero of Star Wars and a lot of childhoods.

Saw it, liked it a lot. My biggest question though, is who the hell is Max Von Sydows character supposed to be?

I was hoping for more of him. Hoping he survived the lightsaber and we'll see hear more from this character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm saddened that the movie didn't live up for you guys. I feel like it was very much a let's get this series back on track or greatest hits type of film, and I loved it. I just want Episode VIII now! I don't know what Rogue One is, but I got to check it out now. Tarzan was my most anticipated film of next year, but now I got to see what that's all about.

Back