Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The audience was so loud at that point that nobody knows.

I think it was something like, "Oi, come here you little ****!"

:monkey3
LOL! That would have been classic! :lol

I think he said "Ben". If so, is that not the name of Luke and Mara's son? Just asking, not that I expect the movies to follow the EU but just saying.

And I thought Kylo was really, really good, as was Dameron. It was a curious decision to have Rey kick Kylo's ass out the gate in the first film. But I'm sure there is a plan in place.

Wow, glad you enjoyed the film. And yeah, I loved Kylo. Fantastic character all around, and I love that they resisted the urge to just make him the new most badassedest thing ever.

Regarding:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, it was incredibly derivative and full of plenty of winks and nods to the original trilogy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the way they handled
Spoiler Spoiler:

To Khev, I suspect that's true, and we'll see Kylo more fully embracing the dark side in part 8, inching closer toward what Vader was.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was one of my biggest problems, and the fact that the entire scene was horribly shot, and far too predictable really ruined the entire scene for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To Khev, I suspect that's true, and we'll see Kylo more fully embracing the dark side in part 8, inching closer toward what Vader was.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Regarding:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah, I noticed that too! "Thank goodness!" is all I have to say about that. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:
His death was very cold and I felt that sadness thoroughly. I didn't think we needed to see a ceremony to get that emotional effect. That said, there's still a possibility that there was a ceremony that was filmed. We may get to see one as a "Delelted scene" segment for the home release.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, that's what I mean when I'm saying that the film didn't dwell on it. And I agree with your last point.

As for prequel references, there was one, when they referred to the dark side residing with the Sith, and then with the Empire, and now with the New World Order or whatever they're called. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall "Sith" being used at all in the original films. I commented to my wife as we left that there were no other prequel references, and that's. . .a good thing.

Yeah, I noticed that too! "Thank goodness!" is all I have to say about that. :lol

I actually made a point a couple times during a few of the group shots of aliens to see if they featured some alien that was introduced in the PT or a repurposed battle droid or something. Nothin'. We could have gone the last 32 years since ROTJ with no SE's, no PT, no EU, no Clone Wars, literally nothing SW related of any kind and TFA would have still fit perfectly as a continuation of the OT. *That's* cool.

I also liked that (MASSIVE SPOILER):

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also liked that (MASSIVE SPOILER):

Spoiler Spoiler:
There's a very good possibility that I fabricated this in my head, but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, that's what I mean when I'm saying that the film didn't dwell on it. And I agree with your last point.

As for prequel references, there was one, when they referred to the dark side residing with the Sith, and then with the Empire, and now with the New World Order or whatever they're called. I could be mistaken, but I don't recall "Sith" being used at all in the original films. I commented to my wife as we left that there were no other prequel references, and that's. . .a good thing.

They mentioned bringing back a clone army :lol

I kind of liked how Han's recklessness with light speed was such a contrast to his "precise calculations" younger, more survivalist self. Apparently he finally got to the point where he was all "**** it, I go to lightspeed when I want, in hangars, creatures on the cockpit, into atmosphere, I got this."

It also got me wondering if there was a subtext that (big spoiler):

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also liked the "come at me bro" Stormtrooper who wasn't intimidated by Finn's lightsaber.

Last edited:
So saw TFA tonight... I thought it was good, not great, not amazing but good. I am probably going to see it again but I do that with most movies I like so v0v ;p

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Wait a minute, Finn said to Yoda 2.0 that he had seen and done some really bad things....but then he tells Rey that what happened to him in the begging of the film was his very first mission and that he couldn't kill anyone....what? Then WTF did he do that was so bad? :lol

Ren and Hux also debate about clone troopers. About how much better programmed and expendable clones would be like the old days as opposed to the brainwashed troops they have now. Makes sense to go back to clones considering the likes of Finn and stuff.

I'm pretty sure I heard a few prequel music cues in the soundtrack as well. I'll have to see it again.

Last edited:
Back