Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't that your position on TFA as well? "Okay but not in a hurry to see it again."

Not quite, I voted ''it was good'' in your poll. I simply didn't mind not seeing it a second time in the cinema. I will watch it again at first opportunity at home.

The only reason Jurassic World warranted another viewing at first (home) opportunity was because of how disastrous my cinema viewing of it was and I wondered how much that might have affected my enjoyment. Maybe it improved slightly but not by a huge amount. I still couldn't understand why this particular CG fest was getting people to pay for cinema tickets again and again and again over any other.

The Force Awakens already unleashed a ton of new household names (BB-8, Kylo Ren, Tasu Leech, etc.)

Tasu Leech? Is that a joke? Who the heck is Tasu Leech? Household name? I don't think so, buddy! Rey, Fin, and Poe? Sure. BB-8 and Kylo Ren? Absolutely. But Tasu Leech (I honestly don't know who that is), Snoke, the commander whose name I forgot not visiting this thread for a week, the bug eyed CGI cartoon girl whose name I forgot, and the rest of the new characters are by no means a household name outside of geek circles. I can name every cantina alien, Jabba's Palace denzien, every podracer, and every TPM Jedi Council member. But that wasn't from watching the movie. That comes from reading books, collecting the toys, and coming online to read up on all these things.

But that's not a knock to this new movie. I don't think Qui-Gon Jinn is a household name outside of geek circles and he was the main freaking character in TPM :lol

Last edited:
Not quite, I voted ''it was good'' in your poll. I simply didn't mind not seeing it a second time in the cinema.

one-image.jpg

People like you allowed Avatar and Titanic to retain their box office rankings, people like YOU..."

Tasu Leech? Is that a joke? Who the heck is Tasu Leech? Household name? I don't think so, buddy! Rey, Fin, and Poe? Sure. BB-8 and Kylo Ren? Absolutely. But Tasu Leech (I honestly don't know who that is), Snoke, the commander whose name I forgot not visiting this thread for a week, the bug eyed CGI cartoon girl whose name I forgot, and the rest of the new characters are by no means a household name outside of geek circles. I can name every cantina alien, Jabba's Palace denzien, every podracer, and every TPM Jedi Council member. But that wasn't from watching the movie. That comes from reading books, collecting the toys, and coming online to read up on all these things.

But that's not a knock to this new movie. I don't think Qui-Gon Jinn is a household name outside of geek circles and he was the main freaking character in TPM :lol

I'm quite certain that was indeed a joke :lol

And I was a little worried that it was going to go unchallenged. Good times. :lol

I was going to go for Silberman's immediate reaction shot but that seemed like it would be conceding defeat. Snoopy's response was the better one.

Cameron's shotgun blowing apart the hopes and dreams of the Jurassic Worlds and Force Awakens of the world.

Yes I was anticipating the Silberman reaction and was surprised by the shotgun blast. Bastards. :lol

I was all "perfect image post, must be my lucky day." And then I turn around and go "hey what's up Snoops" and he's all:

3.jpg

Yes I was anticipating the Silberman reaction and was surprised by the shotgun blast. Bastards. :lol

I was all "perfect image post, must be my lucky day." And then I turn around and go "hey what's up Snoops" and he's all:

Sith Beagles take no prisoners and show no mercy! :lecture :yess:

We also steal your wallet and any food you have since you won't be needing either anymore. MUAHAHAHAHA!
:lol

Come on..at least beat Titanic

It could have but a-dev was content to watch it again on blu-ray.

Cameron's all "Hey Abrams, what's it like to have your movie earn $2 billion worldwide and NOT get nominated for Best Picture and Director? I only ask because I'm genuinely curious as to what that would be like. *snicker*"

618_348_james-cameron-on-why-he-went-vegan.jpg

Hmmm. Nah I think Cameron may have peaked with his breaking of records. It just seems like the backlash against Avatar has been too strong...unless, as so often, it's a case of a highly vocal minority.

One thing is certain to me and that's that he will manage to make another highly enjoyable film.

Yeah Avatar 2 will be innovative and entertaining but there is almost ZERO built up momentum and expectation for another. Merchandising bombed so nothing past seeing it on the big screen mattered. SW, JP is a totally different thing. I don't think any other SW film will approach TFA in terms of box office. I see RO hitting $500 million and VIII hitting $700 million domestic but not the near $1 billion domestic TFA is doing. The genie is out of the bottle now.

Unless ticket prices double.

It could have but a-dev was content to watch it again on blu-ray.

Cameron's all "Hey Abrams, what's it like to have your movie earn $2 billion worldwide and NOT get nominated for Best Picture and Director? I only ask because I'm genuinely curious as to what that would be like. *snicker*"

618_348_james-cameron-on-why-he-went-vegan.jpg

:lol

In my defence I only saw Titanic and Avatar at the cinema once each aswell. In terms of money spent I will appear totally neutral and all those other people are the ones to blame :D

Kinda funny in a way, I've spent the most money on films I never saw on their original theatrical releases. Star Wars OT, Terminator 2, Robocop, Aliens, Predator etc etc.

Back