Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's been over a week and it's time to go again... Suffering from post Christmas blues so I would like to go in the next day or two.

A couple of things... Time has been kind to my memory of this film due to reading posts here. It also reminds me of seeing the original films in the fact that not everything is answered and there are holes to fill... And I don't have a problem filling some of those with my imagination much like I did before the PT.

And now a funny thing.... When I first saw SW in 1977 I was 6 years old and other then the Droids I did not love it... What can I say.. As a child I thought there was too much space battles :lol Anyways I fell in love with SW when I got my first action figures two weeks later. Go fig.... So here we are almost 40 years later and I was not in love with the new film... But then for Christmas I got my myse... um err.. I mean my kid the infinity 3. I was helping him open up the figures and I opened up Kylo Ken and I got that same feeling I did as a six year old... I got excited for the film and the characters.. :lol the power of toys!

There is no question the Jedi are abusers of power, Anakin was right about that.

8376aa5d3b1be6ae4d871288ab47c4df.gif

Proto-Kylo wins. Thanks for playing, good night, folks. :wave

Well it's been over a week and it's time to go again... Suffering from post Christmas blues so I would like to go in the next day or two.

A couple of things... Time has been kind to my memory of this film due to reading posts here. It also reminds me of seeing the original films in the fact that not everything is answered and there are holes to fill... And I don't have a problem filling some of those with my imagination much like I did before the PT.

And now a funny thing.... When I first saw SW in 1977 I was 6 years old and other then the Droids I did not love it... What can I say.. As a child I thought there was too much space battles :lol Anyways I fell in love with SW when I got my first action figures two weeks later. Go fig.... So here we are almost 40 years later and I was not in love with the new film... But then for Christmas I got my myse... um err.. I mean my kid the infinity 3. I was helping him open up the figures and I opened up Kylo Ken and I got that same feeling I did as a six year old... I got excited for the film and the characters.. :lol the power of toys!

That was a pretty cool story JAWS. :rock

How come Anakin's ghost doesn't show up and talk to Kylo Ren and tells him that what he's doing is wrong?

E8.

Confronting and saving (or killing) one's father seems a big part of becoming a fully fledged Jedi or Sith (for Luke and Kylo at least).

Yes, Qui-Gon bent the rules and arguably misused The Force. But he believed the ends justified the means.

One theory based on the art book is that Anakin wasn't fully "good" when he died and goes back and forth in the afterlife. He speaks to Luke as Anakin and Kylo as Vader...

One theory based on the art book is that Anakin wasn't fully "good" when he died and goes back and forth in the afterlife. He speaks to Luke as Anakin and Kylo as Vader...

Oooohhh, interesting...although I doubt this notion entered anyone's head after seeing the Sebastian Shaw ghost with Obi-wan and Yoda.

I've read the thread since my last participation and damn if criticism of TFA doesn't seem pointless. Everything one says against it there seems to be a comparable incident of ridiculousness in the OT films I've cherished for so many years.

Oh but in case anyone gets ideas that I should look on the prequels the same wa - I'm going to interrupt myself before I even finish that sentence - go **** yourself you are wrong. :lol

Not to mess with your memory too much, but the Star Wars figures didn't come out til '78, they weren't ready in time for the movie, weren't even ready by Christmas time.

I am the same age as you and remember not wanting to even see the movie, but once that Star Destroyer rumbled across the screen, I was transfixed, and transformed.

Oooohhh, interesting...although I doubt this notion entered anyone's head after seeing the Sebastian Shaw ghost with Obi-wan and Yoda.

Oh most certainly. I'm not saying it's a theory I buy into, just mentioning what's out there. I think we all saw Shaw as being fully redeemed and most likely someone who would just fade into the Force after appearing to Luke at the celebration. If the theory turns out to be true maybe it's an attempt to rectify the "taint" of Anakin killing kids in the prequels. Kind of a "well George went down that road and you don't really come back from that so..." type of thing. Who knows. Right now I'm good with Kylo just talking to the lifeless and unresponsive mask like Norman Bates or whatever Jason was doing with his mom's head in F13 Part II. Makes him more insanely creepy.

If you read Star Wars the Annotated Screenplays you'll see how back and forth George went on the whole "Force Ghost" thing. He had a hard time figuring out just what they could do, for how long, etc. One draft even had Yoda's ghost deflecting a fatal lightsaber blow against Luke on the DSII (like the chick in Conan the Barbarian) and I think another draft had the ghosts of Ben and Yoda teaming up against Palpatine. Weird stuff.

Not to mess with your memory too much, but the Star Wars figures didn't come out til '78, they weren't ready in time for the movie, weren't even ready by Christmas time.

I am the same age as you and remember not wanting to even see the movie, but once that Star Destroyer rumbled across the screen, I was transfixed, and transformed.

You know that makes sense... Because I originally thought I got the figures for my birthday... But I thought.. Man that would have been a year later in April... Cant believe I went almost a whole year not loving SW :lol

Last edited:
Like Jye said, they're saving that for later.

View attachment 232366
This trilogy still has plenty of chances to be something great.

I like this, and it makes sense, if anything it fixes the fact that Vader went all good suddenly after we saw him kill kids and stuff, yeah, I hope this is true, it would play Kylo's obsession pretty good.

The Jedi are pieces of **** in the OT too when you think about it. Obi-Wan and Yoda, but specifically Obi-Wan, exploit Luke to do their bidding. They lie, twist truths and half truths and are generally scum bags.

Sucks that Luke followed the force and the Jedi way. I liked the original idea for Return of the Jedi of him going off alone after the defeat of the Empire, turning into a lone wolf "Kung Fu"/"Clint Eastwood" type character and wandering the galaxy alone as a grey Jedi from a western or something. Instead we got a Luke who followed the path of the prequel Jedi by trying to restart the order and failing the same way Yoda and Obi-Wan did. The galaxy would be better off without Jedi, Sith, light side, dark side and the force.
I wish the prequels had done a better job depicting all the gray areas of Sith and Jedi, like in any other religion, it would have added to Anakin's "sudden" turn to the dark side.

It's a band of merry posters who think their creative and funny getting a rise outta folks who enjoyed the movie or franchise. It'll all be under the banner of it's good to talk about the negative but as you read their banter it's hardly a discussion merely trolling. Until the thread is cleaned up, it is best to take them with a grain of salt, have fun, play along help build their confidence and social skills. Use your knowledge for good don't fall victim to,the darkness....:lol
I don't think I've seen a single troll here, if anything Gully's posts seemed to be quite inflammatory to some but they at least had a point, most of the criticism I've seen here has been valid and backed up. On the other hand, most of the counter arguments I've seen are reduced to "it's SW so it okey".

My first ever SW toys were Han's blaster and four Kenner figures: Darth Vader, Ben, Leia, and Jawa. X-Wing Luke and his X-Wing were next. I remember how high-tech that thing was, landing on shag carpet and making the lights and noises when you pressed on R2. :lol

Oh the Infinity Playset you got for your son "Jonald?" ;)

:)

That was a pretty cool story JAWS. :rock

Thanks but as Rushmore pointed out my memory was wrong.. Well my memory was right but I did not trust it.. :lol SO let me change my story...

And now a funny thing.... When I first saw SW in 1977 I was 6 years old and other then the Droids I did not love it... What can I say.. As a child I thought there was too much space battles :lol Anyways I fell in love with SW when I got my first action figures 10 months later for my birthday. Go fig.... So here we are almost 40 years later and I was not in love with the new film... But then for Christmas I got my myse... um err.. I mean my kid the infinity 3. I was helping him open up the figures and I opened up Kylo Ken and I got that same feeling I did as a six year old... I got excited for the film and the characters.. :lol the power of toys!

:lol

Anyways.. Point being I got to feel like a kid again this Christmas with the introduction of SW toys and how they made me feel about the films..

I think I got all 12 of the original... But I only remember getting the Droids, Jawa, Vader, Luke and Ben for my Birthday... At least that's all I can specifically remember... :)

I remember walking into Woolworths by myself in '78 while my mom did grocery shopping (yeah, it was a different world, letting a 6 year old go to the store solo wouldn't fly today) and absolutely losing my mind when I saw the Star Wars figures by the register. I did a Jedi Force Run all the way back to the grocery store where my Mom gave me enough money to buy 3 figures. The figures were $1.90 back then, I bought Greedo, Walrusman and a Jawa. I quickly filled out my collection in the coming weeks.

Between the ages of 7 and 11, nearly every toy I received for Christmas or bday were Star Wars related. My favorites were the Millenium Falcon, At-AT and Imperial Troop Transport.

My holy grail was the 12" Boba Fett, that I never found, probably was the catalyst to get me back into toy collecting.

Edit - also my mom was cool enough that she recreated the cake on the Star Wars anniversary poster for my bday.

Last edited:
Back