Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, if Yoda was so damn smart he should have trained Luke about Sith lightning. Luke could then just zap Vader easily besting him. And teach him the block/absorb to beat the dude that kicked his ass

No need to teach Luke ****. As the last remaining trained Jedi, he sends Luke alone to face off against Darth Vader: who he knows to be stronger than his son? What? While training Luke, he is revealed to still be very powerful (lifting the entire Fighter with no effort). So it makes no sense that he wouldn't join the Rebellion cause, if only to provide strategic input or being carried in a back-pack to assist Luke in his fights. Instead, his wise decision is to leave Luke on his suicide mission and thinks no further of it....because he had to make a soup, apparently. Soup is more important than the fate of the galaxy.

No need to teach Luke ****. As the last remaining trained Jedi, he sends Luke alone to face off against Darth Vader: who he knows to be stronger than his son. While training Luke, he is revealed to still be very powerful (lifting the entire Fighter with no effort). So it makes no sense that he wouldn't join the Rebellion cause, if only to provide strategic input or being carried in a back-pack to assist Luke in his fights. Instead, his wise decision is to leave Luke on his suicide mission and he thinks no further of it....because he had to make a soup, apparently. Soup is more important than the fate of the galaxy.

Or you know, he knew Vader would not kill Luke. Or foresaw what would happen. Plus you know.... Yoda told Luke not to go multiple times, but Luke went anyways....

Please, we saw Yoda fighting in the PT, thank the maker ESB didn't try it.

I'm happy they were too tech limited to try that, the movie is a masterpiece as is.

Or you know, he knew Vader would not kill Luke. Or foresaw what would happen. Plus you know.... Yoda told Luke not to go multiple times, but Luke went anyways....

He's Yoda, he can stop Luke if he wanted to, but didn't. He failed to act wisely. Luke could have used a hand...no pun intended (well maybe a little). He let him go knowing what was going to happen. That's assuming he foresaw that Luke was going to turn down Vader's offer, but Luke could have given in, making the situation even worse. The logical thing was for Yoda to go with Luke.

While a 49 million friday is impressive, it still fell short of BOM's prediction:

Most likely, Star Wars will drop around 55% compared to last Friday, before removing the $57 million in Thursday previews. Removing Thursday previews we're talking about something closer to a 14-15% drop and a Friday in the $53-55 million range.

Uuuuuggghh, this thread is getting to feel like master-bating with sand paper.....(yeah its a pun)

Some facts, draw your own conclusions, then keep them to yourself.

ESB : Luke not fully trained
ROTJ: Luke required no more training.
Luke receives no real lightsaber training but when he got mad owned Vader.
The Emperor could not "feel" Luke.
Jedi's get very tired after using the force for big things. Moving ships/ huge columns/ keeping them selves alive.
Kylo was shot and bleeding.
Rey was not.
The force requires Focus.
Luke was not a perfect Jedi, Yoda says so. He's to much like his father, reckless/impatient/emotional.
These are bad qualities in a teacher.
Luke is absent for a reason.
No single Jedi is all powerful. Someone at one time or another bested them.
Early untrained Jedi are capable of amazing feats. Moving torpedoes/levitating objects/ flying Pods when no human can/ reading teleprompter without help/ performing mind tricks and wielding a saber proficiently.
Skywalkers are especially good at this.
Han was a self centered jerk most of the time.
Han oonly does the moral thing if he is feeling guilty or Horney
Chewie is the smart one.
C3po loses his arm alot.
Leia picks the wrong men.
Un cloned troopers have a mind of their own.

More later....

:wave

The *******s that run the 4chan subreddit tagged all their posts with 'Kylo Kills Han'. So even if you filtered all posts from r/movies and r/starwars, the front page had posts tagged with that. It just blows because they posted crap to get their spoilers to the front page, it's rather ****ed that the reddit admins didn't remove it. Their **** hardly ever makes the front page anyways, so it's just kinda ****ed they gamed the system to spoil people. I immediately scrolled past it, but kept seeing it over the next day or two, so because it stayed up, I thought it was just them having a gag, like a fake spoiler, and plus, reading "Kylo Kills Han", makes no sense, it just seemed random. . . . then watching the movie, when Snoke reveals Han is Kylo's dad, I was like "**** me", but considering the tradition of sons killing fathers in Star Wars, it's hard to know if I wouldn't have just assumed Han's fate anyways, seeing as how their confrontation was inevitable.
Damn. That sucks. I went to see the movie way earlier than I did, in large part because I knew running across spoilers was unavoidable. And I knew they would mean more for this film than they do for your typical Marvel movie or whatever. I don't care about knowing all the spoilers for Superman V. Batman, for example, since WB apparently also doesn't care about spoiling the film in trailers :lol

But isn't the force about letting people follow their own destiny where the dark side is about destiny manipulation, you know, ****ing with people.

I don't even know what the force is all about. Even the good guys keep secrets and lie to people. Even in the prequels, the jedi felt more like a cult.. In the Jedi Order, attachment and possession were forbidden, because they could lead to jealousy among other things, and because of that Jedi were not allowed to marry. That sound like a way to control people's future. Also, in TPM Liam Neeson used his powers during the bet in order to win, so he used the force for his own benefit as a way to manipulate the situation, maybe that's why Annie and everything that happened afterwards turned out the way it did...because he messed with the universe/force.

Damn. That sucks. I went to see the movie way earlier than I did, in large part because I knew running across spoilers was unavoidable. And I knew they would mean more for this film than they do for your typical Marvel movie or whatever. I don't care about knowing all the spoilers for Superman V. Batman, for example, since WB apparently also doesn't care about spoiling the film in trailers :lol

Superman, Batman, WW live to fight another day.

:chase

The Jedi are pieces of **** in the OT too when you think about it. Obi-Wan and Yoda, but specifically Obi-Wan, exploit Luke to do their bidding. They lie, twist truths and half truths and are generally scum bags.

Sucks that Luke followed the force and the Jedi way. I liked the original idea for Return of the Jedi of him going off alone after the defeat of the Empire, turning into a lone wolf "Kung Fu"/"Clint Eastwood" type character and wandering the galaxy alone as a grey Jedi from a western or something. Instead we got a Luke who followed the path of the prequel Jedi by trying to restart the order and failing the same way Yoda and Obi-Wan did. The galaxy would be better off without Jedi, Sith, light side, dark side and the force.

Uuuuuggghh, this thread is getting to feel like master-bating with sand paper.....

It's a band of merry posters who think their creative and funny getting a rise outta folks who enjoyed the movie or franchise. It'll all be under the banner of it's good to talk about the negative but as you read their banter it's hardly a discussion merely trolling. Until the thread is cleaned up, it is best to take them with a grain of salt, have fun, play along help build their confidence and social skills. Use your knowledge for good don't fall victim to,the darkness....:lol

It's a band of merry posters

UPepm9G.gif

The Jedi are pieces of **** in the OT too when you think about it. Obi-Wan and Yoda, but specifically Obi-Wan, exploit Luke to do their bidding. They lie, twist truths and half truths and are generally scum bags.

Sucks that Luke followed the force and the Jedi way. I liked the original idea for Return of the Jedi of him going off alone after the defeat of the Empire, turning into a lone wolf "Kung Fu"/"Clint Eastwood" type character and wandering the galaxy alone as a grey Jedi from a western or something. Instead we got a Luke who followed the path of the prequel Jedi by trying to restart the order and failing the same way Yoda and Obi-Wan did. The galaxy would be better off without Jedi, Sith, light side, dark side and the force.

But they were all smiles at the end of ROTJ.

I bet they will all be smiling once again by the end of E9.

Han's ghost might even make an appearance. :lol

Yup been saying this for some time about TFA. It gonna take our childhood heroes and show what happens to them and their personalities later.

1. Han : arrogant / scoundrel / con man / womanizer
2. Luke : impatient / dreamer / not focused
3: Leia : single minded/ bossy / pick bad men

There is no question the Jedi are abusers of power, Anakin was right about that. Luke was a tool to Obi and Yoda. Obi allowed Vader to kill him to set Luke against Vader for good. He even gives Luke a look before he gives up.
Yoda's whole life was one big manipulation scheme.

Don't get me started on R2D2...

giphy.gif

Back