1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with that. I'm always the first to say Sideshow Figures are just placeholders until Hot Toys gets to it but their Proto Fett might be the best Fett figure they've done so I'm ok with mine still.

Whereas their Jango is literally the worst figure I own.

I do still like the SSC Proto... EX beach towel version, shiny white helmet and armor. There was no question (still isn?t) about replacing mine, although he?s in great need of a body swap. Would still be interested in seeing how HT would handle it since you brought it up and they do generally do make a more solid figure, but definitely not one of my replacement needs. I could see them doing him on the 50th anniversary for SW though... another repaint.

Oh man if they picked up the McQuarrie line that SS has seems to misplace? THAT would be awesome.

That?s be great. McQuarrie Vader is just too damn cool looking, was great a version of Vader inspired by it come to life in Rebels.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm always the first to say Sideshow Figures are just placeholders until Hot Toys gets to it but their Proto Fett might be the best Fett figure they've done so I'm ok with mine still.

Whereas their Jango is literally the worst figure I own.

Aside from the shin armor coming off and the jetpack not fitting flush what else is wrong with it?

Aside from the shin armor coming off and the jetpack not fitting flush what else is wrong with it?

Crappy body and leg armor coming off is 90% of my gripe with this figure. I?ve kept mine in a museum pose for years because he requires his stand just to stand up without flopping over. His pistols were also a tad undersized but I swapped out mine with the old Medicom ones.

Visually, he solid. But quality wise, SSC replaced him twice and I wouldn?t even have been able to tell so an upgrade for me is much needed.

i have a custom of him (jango fett) everything is side show except i used the medicom armor used velcro strips for the thigh and leg armor and used the medicom knee pads. he is on the sideshow body which is pretty solid and dont need to stand on it to keep him up right. i have the stand as well. also used little magnets on each back pack so it wont fall off if i move him.

Perfect way to avoid saying just a "Kenner version".

Copy everything directly from one thing and it's theft, copy from multiple things and it an homage:lol

LOL, when has a Chinese company ever worried about stealing another company's
IP???

i have a custom of him (jango fett) everything is side show except i used the medicom armor used velcro strips for the thigh and leg armor and used the medicom knee pads. he is on the sideshow body which is pretty solid and dont need to stand on it to keep him up right. i have the stand as well. also used little magnets on each back pack so it wont fall off if i move him.
do you have a pic of that? Considering modding mine too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crappy body and leg armor coming off is 90% of my gripe with this figure. I?ve kept mine in a museum pose for years because he requires his stand just to stand up without flopping over. His pistols were also a tad undersized but I swapped out mine with the old Medicom ones.

Visually, he solid. But quality wise, SSC replaced him twice and I wouldn?t even have been able to tell so an upgrade for me is much needed.

Couldn't you fix the floppiness with a body swap? I mean 40 buck fix right? Or is the armor/clothing such that you can't.

I am not the biggest vintage Star Wars toy fan, but I love how they are handling the packaging on these. In fact, I wish they did all their releases with this kind of packaging! Then I could display without taking them out of the box.

Hey, might be an odd question, but does anyone know if the jetpack flame effects from the RotJ fett fit into the pack for the ESB figure?

I?d say Vader is more likely, that?s a straight up reissue where as this needs an actual new paint job.

Back