1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popcultcha

They have had numerous HT exclusives..e.g Light Asgardian Thor,Han Stormtrooper,Luke Stormtrooper,Darkside Anakin(All priced around $315 to $350 AUD).
Then there were the SDCC exclusives from last yr,Stan Lee etc.
I'm keeping an eye out out for today and tomoz.

Thanks for that. I was hoping they'd stocked exclusives before, but your recollection gives me confidence. Was going to come in over $500 from Sideshow once shipping factors in.

It's an anniversary figure in a special box. It would show a complete lack of imagination if the anniversary figure was just the "next character in line" in the release schedule but because he happened to be timed to come out this month, he got the special box. The anniversary figure should be something special and unpredictable that wasn't going to come out on its own anyway and never needs to be released again in the future. It shouldn't be the first release of a core figure. It should be a creative idea that celebrates ESB and has its own intrinsic appeal even if you never collected the rest of the line. It should also appeal to people who do collect the entire line so they don't feel like they're buying something they already have again just to get the box. This idea for this release just nails what it needed to do in every way possible.

So basically a 1/6 scale figure with a 6? action figure paint job.

Well more like 3 3/4" probably haha.

LOL, true and true... I normally never buy a $260 repaint, but nostalgia, man. That said, he looks cool. Should have had the 'accurate' Kenner gun and a 'working' rocket firing backpack.

I am 'sure' everyone knows this, but Hasbro released the re-release of the Kenner Fett with firing backpack. About 10 years ago. One of my fav Hasbro piece. Bummed as hell I missed out on the Hasbro 6" Vintage color Fett DSCC exclusive. But at over $200 on ebay, that's a 'Hell' followed by 'No'.

And 'Yes,' I am a little 'apostrophe' happy at the 'moment'

Last edited:
Surprised the spider Gwen knocked this off the the main Facebook pic. It was only there for a day. This does look great and I wish I could justify it. I collect actual vintage figures and I would rather spend the money on something vintage.
If I had disposable cash, I would definitely get one to open and one to display in the box. I should have married rich (I bet my wife says the same thing).

It's an anniversary figure in a special box. It would show a complete lack of imagination if the anniversary figure was just the "next character in line" in the release schedule but because he happened to be timed to come out this month, he got the special box. The anniversary figure should be something special and unpredictable that wasn't going to come out on its own anyway and never needs to be released again in the future. It shouldn't be the first release of a core figure. It should be a creative idea that celebrates ESB and has its own intrinsic appeal even if you never collected the rest of the line. It should also appeal to people who do collect the entire line so they don't feel like they're buying something they already have again just to get the box. This idea for this release just nails what it needed to do in every way possible.

Couldn't agree more. At first i wasn't going to get it, because it doesn't really fit in with my collection. The toy-like paintjob would be at odds with the other figures. Now i think, that's the point. It's to recreate the emotions you had as a child, when you opened up the original 3 3/4 figure, but at the same time, satisfying the adult collector in you, who demands more bang for buck. A simple, scaled up 12" figure would have seemed like a cheap cash grab.

Bespin Han or Lando, will appear at some point, since OT characters popularity won't diminish over time.

A simple, scaled up 12" figure would have seemed like a cheap cash grab.

Rocket-Firing-Boba-Fett-Jumbo-Kenner-Gentle-Giant-014.jpg

A Lando? Seriously? LOL.

I totally agree. Why would anyone want a brand new character that hasn't been done yet for their collection when one could just get endless repaints of the same figure? Especially one with a paint job based on another companies toy. Isn't this the 3rd Fett repaint already? Lazy cash grab repaints and reissues are a great way for collectors to celebrate ESB 40th.

I mean...........you know they're still gonna make other figures, right? There's NO chance they're not. These probably took minimal effort to pump out for a fun, special release. The normal series of other ESB characters are still going to happen. But, whether or not they made these, they'd take longer because they're all new figures vs some repainting on stuff they already have. That's what I don't get. Why are people upset? You're going to wait anyway, I truly doubt these toss a wrench in the gears on producing new figures as these are already gonna be ready to go out soonish. What? Like maybe it's delaying a new figure by 3-4 months? On figures that likely still wouldn't ship for a year? It's not a big deal. I cannot imagine these special releases really slowing down new stuff THAT much.

So chill if you're not into them, don't harbor some weird anger towards Hot Toys. "It's a cash grab" yeah welcome to consumerism, they're a business, and Star Wars sells. Literally EVERYTHING they make is an attempted "cash grab". That's how it works.

All the other, normal ESB focused releases will come, and a few months difference when you already need to wait a damn year with these isn't too big of a stink. This and the Vader were just fun, easy releases for those who might dig them. It's that simple.

It?s seems as if it?s an amalgam of the 4 inch and 12 inch vintage figure?s paint and esthetics, with a modified 12 inch vintage box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s seems as if it?s an amalgam of the 4 inch and 12 inch vintage figure?s paint and esthetics, with a modified 12 inch vintage box.

Perfect way to avoid saying just a "Kenner version".

Copy everything directly from one thing and it's theft, copy from multiple things and it an homage:lol

i thought that`s what the pre pro boba fett was supposed to represent in the deluxe hot toys version of boba fett.

No, that was a pre-production Boba Fett. Like they made the costume and helmet with the little designs on it. That, too, was used for a model on the figure I think. But in the end it was changed to what we got.

This is a direct tribute to the toy vs a pre-production variant of the suit.

Here's some more info on it: https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/costume/variant/prepro/

No, that was a pre-production Boba Fett. Like they made the costume and helmet with the little designs on it. That, too, was used for a model on the figure I think. But in the end it was changed to what we got.

Here's some more info on it: https://www.bobafettfanclub.com/costume/variant/prepro/

i am going to get this one when it comes out. the box art looks to cool to pass up. heck the empty box would probable be worth more the figure will be one day. maybe :dunno

Correct. The Kenner was based off the pre-pro 3 costume and this new Hot Toys is based around said Kenner figure.

The pre-pro used for the ESB Deluxe was a mix of the pre pro 1 and 2.

It's every bit as odd when reading that:lol

It sure would be nice to finally get that Hot Toys Jango though but they'll probably knock out the all white Prototype next. Why not at this point anymore:dunno

I would rather have the white Proto than a Jango but that?s just me :)

Nothing wrong with that. I'm always the first to say Sideshow Figures are just placeholders until Hot Toys gets to it but their Proto Fett might be the best Fett figure they've done so I'm ok with mine still.

Whereas their Jango is literally the worst figure I own.

Back