Star Wars: The Canon Reloaded

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which truth will you cling to?

• Willing to fully embrace the new canon

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Sticking with the old Expanded Universe

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Going to wait and see

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Pick and choose from new canon and old EU

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Movies only

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Movies and TV shows only

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Original trilogy and sequel trilogy only

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Original trilogy, sequel trilogy and TV series only

Votes: 7 8.1%

• Total voters
Is he..... hunting a rabbit?

Jaxxon.jpg

So it's now canon that Vader went rogue after ESB, looking for evidence Padme survived - then Palpatine rips his bionic limbs off and dumps him back on Mustafar!

9oVhcm7.jpg

2931Gef.jpg

Vader mumbles 'you under estimate my power' over and over again in deep bass like tones that emit from his mechanical voice box, wordless sounds. The stumps of his mechanical appendages drag along the ground stirring up a cloud of black sand from the scorched earth. Vader draws in a raspy breath, the inorganic wheeze of his iron lung, pathetic. This is the place of his re-birth, where he became less than and more than a man, a servant of the dark side slaved to this being, Sidious.

The troopers take a few hesitant steps backwards from the flesh and metal, the power play before them is uncomfortable, dangerous. The Emperor passes beyond them and looks down at his failure. Disgust, disappointment and amusement, always amusement dance on his disfigured features. 'Well Lord Vader, I hope this little example serves to put matters into ... perspective' and with the last word an ugly smile breaks out across his face.

Vader's hate simmers, bubbling through what is left of his organic body but it does not control him like it once did. Sidious' posturing, the high ground and this place no longer holds that power over him. For Luke, his son, has shown him that there are other paths, less direct, to victory and to power.

Last edited:
Sorry I should have said that it was mine. It was originally going to be for lols playing on high ground, sand and other anakinisms but as i was writing it i just thought it was so easy to make the comic scene less naff and give it a bit of purpose for Vader (though i am of the opinion that the whole idea of the scene is such a huge disservice to the character and lazy that it shouldn't be within a parsec of cannon).

Sorry I should have said that it was mine. It was originally going to be for lols playing on high ground, sand and other anakinisms but as i was writing it i just thought it was so easy to make the comic scene less naff and give it a bit of purpose for Vader (though i am of the opinion that the whole idea of the scene is such a huge disservice to the character and lazy that it shouldn't be within a parsec of cannon).

That was exactly my reading of it, starting with the 'you underestimate my power' bit that seemed like a tongue in cheek callback to one of his embarrassing ROTS lines but then transitioning into stuff that was actually pretty good.

Tha comics line has been consistently showing the Emperor abusing Vader directly with his power.....and it only makes sense.

I know Vader fan boys cling to the idea that Vader , the chosen one, is the most powerful force user ever. This simply cannot be true.

Vader was the Emperors slave. That was the entire point of the OT. Was he a bad ass? Yes. But in the end he was a henchmen for the true power.

The comics , and one popular fan made film, are expanding on the idea of the Emperors relationship with his apprentice. By design it had to be abusive and controlling. Why else would Vader continue serving the Emperor? If he was so powerful he could have easily killed him and taken over. As GL has show us, the Emperors true power was manipulation of those more powerful then him for his own purposes.

Like any big rabid dog , Vader needed to be beaten down to be controlled by the cruel master.

It al fits. Folks still just want to see Vader as some all powerful self confidant master. He was more like Frankenstein being controlled by Dracula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back