Prop Star Wars Model Kits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant go wrong with Finemolds kits. But ebay is the last place Id buy them from. Go to Starshipmodeler.com Much better prices. The Falcon shouldn't run you more than $225. When It was relased in 2005, it was $200. The company does a run of the kit about once a year or so, so dont panic if people tell you it's out of production.

I've got all their kits and they are worth every cent. The detail is damn close to perfect on all of them. I'm currently working on my second 1/144 scale Millennium falcon.

And I do have the "Rebel runner" garage kit. Its expensive, but the detail is excellent. The only way you can find missing detail is that the kit comes with a CD full of pictures. Your find it is missing VERY little detail The kit is 99.99% accurate.

You're not going to find the Falcon kit for that low until they do another run. They'll probably do another run at some point but they haven't been doing it every year.

Want to get into model building so bad but will save the hobby until I'm in my late 40s.

And I do have the "Rebel runner" garage kit. Its expensive, but the detail is excellent. The only way you can find missing detail is that the kit comes with a CD full of pictures. Your find it is missing VERY little detail The kit is 99.99% accurate.

Is that the Randy Cooper?

I'm thinking of getting his Sandcrawler.

Is that the Randy Cooper?

I'm thinking of getting his Sandcrawler.

The rebel runner is the smaller 1/350 version.

There's 3 different garage kits of the blockade runner. The first is the one by Randy cooper, about 24 inches. Then theres the rebel runner at almost at a bit over 12 inches then theres the studio scale version, 3 feet long, runs $1500( I think).

Oh I love the sandcrawler... There is next month another sandcrawler coming out by https://www.mvmodels.biz

its going to be about 10 inch long.. guess I will go for that one .. even the randy cooper is just amazing.. but I think I dont have the space for it..

The rebel runner is the smaller 1/350 version.

There's 3 different garage kits of the blockade runner. The first is the one by Randy cooper, about 24 inches. Then theres the rebel runner at almost at a bit over 12 inches then theres the studio scale version, 3 feet long, runs $1500( I think).

The large one isn't studio-scale. Studio scale for this is 6 foot long
The smallest one (the 1:350) is 18 inches and the Randy Cooper one is 27

and my latest for now.. need to do the casing...

20130331_124902_zps2860d547.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So, this thread made me do 3 Things;

1) It made me post. I don't ever really post, I lurk. I visit these boards a few times a day but this thread prompted me to actually speak up.

2) I have about 20 kits (Star Wars, BSG & Aliens) I've been sitting on that I've been waiting to fool around with and your work has inspired me to jump in headlong!

3) I was about to throw a sealed Ertl Federation Tank up on Ebay and now I'm not because I want to actually build the thing...with lights!

Great work, dude. Really. You should do some "How To" clips.

and my latest for now.. need to do the casing...

So, this thread made me do 3 Things;

1) It made me post. I don't ever really post, I lurk. I visit these boards a few times a day but this thread prompted me to actually speak up.

2) I have about 20 kits (Star Wars, BSG & Aliens) I've been sitting on that I've been waiting to fool around with and your work has inspired me to jump in headlong!

3) I was about to throw a sealed Ertl Federation Tank up on Ebay and now I'm not because I want to actually build the thing...with lights!

Great work, dude. Really. You should do some "How To" clips.

AWESOME !!! its all about inspiration !!! :) love it !! show us when its done or even work in progress !! Keep it coming !!

Oh and welcome officially to this board ! :) :clap

btw.. in case someone is asking how to do those chipping effects. its sooo easy with this stuff here:

AK--089-HEAVY-CHIPPING39.jpg

088_WORNEFFECTS.jpg

you simply paint the color beneath the main color (silver, gun metal..etc.. mostly) .. after it dried, you brush on this stuff from AK.. let it dry.. then you airbush the main color on top.
After that dried, you take some water and brush on the water... wait a little.. then scrap it of where you need to with the brush or similar material.

This stuff rocks really !!

have finally my case for my Slave 1 :) Love it ! :)

20130402_220029_zps653fdb9b.jpg

20130402_220018_zps6482a5e4.jpg

warning: this thread contains mad skillz from an awesome artist

Thanks a lot guys :)

Hey Thorne .. I got me the Falcon !! I got a deal for it for $210 shipped I couldnt resist !

Hey Thorne .. I got me the Falcon !! I got a deal for it for $210 shipped I couldnt resist !

Thrilled for ya, dude. :yess:

Prepare to kiss what little sanity you may still possess good-bye.

Seriously, this is the Everest of model kits.

If you want to see the extraordinary level of madness you've set yourself up for, go to YouTube, put 'Plamo S2 EP 19' in the search window and watch all six videos that come up.

I can help now... :nana:

FMFalcon3.jpg

That's the ERTL kit on the right. Once I get my airbrushing 'skillz' back, I'll be using it to test painting tricks for the Fine Molds version.

Are you sure it's ERTL on the right? Looks like the pre-painted Easy-Snap Revell.

Back