Prop Star Wars Model Kits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh x-wing is a must !!! :) not sure when I will get to it but if I will, I let you know for sure ! I would love to see your take on it !

@chris... yes sir :) It is really not as hard as it might look. A lot of youtube and reading helped me a lot :)

Jesus they are good and that Facebook page is amazing some of the models on there are unbelievable

right ?? I love star wars always!!! so much talent there !

Can I ask how you switch the lights on and where you get them from, the models seem cheap enough to order but the skill is in the details and you have some skills.

I would LOVE to do the 1/72 Falcon.. but the Kit goes for about $300 shipped.. SSC sold it build in case I think for about $900

What *I* did was tell my entire family to chip in collectively and get me just one gift for my birthday: the Fine Molds Falcon.

It's a friggin' beast of a kit. The detail is astounding but there's a couple of different parts that are so tiny, it'll terrify you trying to get them off the sprue.

Took me about nine days to put the monster together last fall but now I'm waiting for winter to finally disappear so I can fire up my new airbrush setup. As of now, it's been sitting for months with just a black primer coat on it. Like a 'Stealth Falcon'.

Bottom line: Even if you have to beg, you need to own this kit. :yess:

Looking at that Facebook page where do people get the really large kits like the Alderaan runner, or do they make them from scratch?

There's people that make garage kits

There's a 1:350 scale Blockade Runner available on Starship Modeler. There's another guy who was selling a larger scale version, but I doubt he's doing runs anymore.

There's been some pretty fantastic garage kits out there--like the Anigrand Star Destroyer

What *I* did was tell my entire family to chip in collectively and get me just one gift for my birthday: the Fine Molds Falcon.

It's a friggin' beast of a kit. The detail is astounding but there's a couple of different parts that are so tiny, it'll terrify you trying to get them off the sprue.

Took me about nine days to put the monster together last fall but now I'm waiting for winter to finally disappear so I can fire up my new airbrush setup. As of now, it's been sitting for months with just a black primer coat on it. Like a 'Stealth Falcon'.

Bottom line: Even if you have to beg, you need to own this kit. :yess:

ahhh stop tempting me so much !! :D it hurts I can not afford it at the moment ... but you are right.. I will have to get it.. even later then sooner.. but I hear just so great things about this kit...

yes there are Blockade Runners still out there.. but you have do drop about $350 for them

...but I hear just so great things about this kit...

You have no idea. Seriously.

There's over 900 pieces to the kit and the top shell is entirely smooth.

If I had to guess, I'd say about *400* of them are just for the 'pie' section where the exhaust ports are. I &@#% you not. Every bit of that section has its own part. That section alone took about three of the nine days.

Good thing I'm already bald. I'd have gone grey. :gah:

wow... well.. Im pretty short cut as well... sounds like THE kit for me !! :D

Will get it..def... when my valet allows it....

Do you light it up as well ?

I picked up a lighting kit for it but it's a lot more do-it-yourself than I expected so I'll need some help from a couple of 'electronic genius' buddies of mine when I'm ready to get back to work on this bad boy.

Snow's almost gone. Just need the weather to dry up and I'll be good to go.

cool.. keep me/us updated on that one :) Pictures would be also highly appreciated during your process :) can just help me later on :p

cool.. keep me/us updated on that one :) Pictures would be also highly appreciated during your process :) can just help me later on :p

I can help now... :nana:

FMFalcon3.jpg

That's the ERTL kit on the right. Once I get my airbrushing 'skillz' back, I'll be using it to test painting tricks for the Fine Molds version.

FMFalcon12.jpg

I can completely remove the top half from the bottom half and there's still no visible break line.

And now for the scary stuff...

Before:

FMFalcon10.jpg

After:

FMFalcon11.jpg

And now the really scary stuff....

FMFalcon1.jpg

That little grey speck between the penny and the mandible? That's a part.

And to further emphasize the point...

FMFalcon6.jpg

Parts 27-29 will scare the living hell out of you trying to free them from the sprue. Drop any of them and they're gone forever. :horror

Drooling yet?

hoolllyyy mollly... thats crazy !!! man... ice skating ont he top part before the parts go on right ?? :D

wow.. these parts are not just small.. they are mega tiny..

yeah this thing does not a look like a 2 week project !! :D :D

and my latest for now.. need to do the casing...

20130331_124902_zps2860d547.jpg
[/quote]

BEAUTIFUL paint job, MYC!!!!

Back