Prop Star Wars Model Kits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

not sure if a thread like this exist already but I recently discovered a new kind of Hobby to add to my sculpting !

MODEL KITS

I got inspired by this facebook page I found https://www.facebook.com/StarWarsAlways?fref=ts and they have just beautiful build ups there...

So i wanted to give it a try myself because finished up models or master reps. are very very expensive..

So here are my first 3 attempts in build, painting and lightening them.. I still need to build the case for the Slave 1

I would love to see other freaks tries in case we have here people who do that kind of things... Or maybe on or the other gets inspired to try it...like I got :D

20130328_224016_zpsea3fd3a8.jpg

20130328_223840_zpsd2dd6846.jpg

20130328_223833_zps9c7d6ed7.jpg

20130328_223826_zps694289c4.jpg

20130328_223734_zpsf0743631.jpg

20130328_223745_zps3baf773a.jpg

back_zps03d56d33.jpg

20130328_223944_zps3e06cf8a.jpg

The Slave 1 and the Tie are the 1/72 from Fine Molds - the quality on those kits are awesome !

The Tie Advance is from AMT.. not bad...but the scale is nice !

I like those a lot.... I am not much of a model builder, so I went with the Code 3 collectibles of the Falcon, TIE Fighter Advanced, X-Wing, and Slave 1.

Kudos to you and your skills!!! It would be cheaper for me if I had the talent! Great job!

yeah the Code 3 are very nice as well !!! But as you said.. pretty pricy unfortunately.. On top I really wanted to have some light ups.

But honestly.. its not that hard !! I thought myself it would be more difficult. There are not super 100% but it works for me.. you might give it a try and you will see its really not that hard :)

I know Chris.. Statues are very nice and I love it.. but having these down scaled space ships gives it a kind of museum style look in your room.. love it

yeah thats true.. sometimes you can get a good deal...I got the 1/48 tie for $40 and the Slave for $55 shipped.. guess thats not so bad.

I would LOVE to do the 1/72 Falcon.. but the Kit goes for about $300 shipped.. SSC sold it build in case I think for about $900

I know Chris.. Statues are very nice and I love it.. but having these down scaled space ships gives it a kind of museum style look in your room.. love it

Yes, they are hauntingly beautiful and they really invoke some feelings, and in some cases sentimentality. I love it!

Nice work, I've had most of the official models over the years, the atst, y wing, falcon and darths tie, the quality was so so, with darths tie being so warped it was hard to put together, one day I would like to do what you've done here but I don't have the patience to doing it that nicely

I like these, you did an excellent job. What kind of lights did you use?

yeah thats true.. sometimes you can get a good deal...I got the 1/48 tie for $40 and the Slave for $55 shipped.. guess thats not so bad.

I would LOVE to do the 1/72 Falcon.. but the Kit goes for about $300 shipped.. SSC sold it build in case I think for about $900

WOW, I was jsut looking at the eBay proces for Fine Mold SW models... and you can get a Code 3 Falcon for jsut a few dollars more.... but there is no lights....

Very well done mate..... I have built quite a few models in my time, Gundam Mechs mostly but would love to have a go at some SW vehicles sometime

You airbrushed these or that's how they come molded?

Chaosorb I like these, you did an excellent job. What kind of lights did you use?

Hi, I use 3V LEDs.. very simple :)

Gartogg
You airbrushed these or that's how they come molded?

Na.. they dont come painted... I paint them myself.. airbrush.. dry brush.. washes..etc

Mr. Nice Guy Could you get a pic of one of these next to something for scale? I'm interested. They look great.

There you go.. 1/7 Sandtrooper
20130331_183053_zps3247a5f3.jpg

and my latest for now.. need to do the casing...

20130331_124902_zps2860d547.jpg

Any plans on doing the x wing? I'm working on it too and it would be nice to compare mine with yours since my skill is no where near as good as you.

Back