Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many questions:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So many questions:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The whole trilogy is as essentially meaningless as poorly written fan fiction, since it seems to have been composed by a group of writers arguing amongst each other about where to go next.

It should be consigned to the It Never Happened Department.

men-in-black.jpg

For TurdFerguson:

Zorri doesn't do much at all, never takes the helmet off, but lifts the visor in one scene with her and Poe alone to reveal her eyes. Comes back at end. That's it.

But, for some reason I liked her. Maybe her dialogue felt a lot less forced than what the others were spewing out? Not sure. But I personally found there was something interesting about her.

For TurdFerguson:

Zorri doesn't do much at all, never takes the helmet off, but lifts the visor in one scene with her and Poe alone to reveal her eyes. Comes back at end. That's it.

But, for some reason I liked her. Maybe her dialogue felt a lot less forced than what the others were spewing out? Not sure. But I personally found there was something interesting about her.

I liked her too.

In fact, at first I was enjoying the movie. It had some bad bumps but seemed refreshing after TLJ... but then it went on, and on, and got weirder and sillier and ... well, here we are. Finn somehow becomes all-knowing all the time... Rey is impossible.... and Poe is Poe. The finale was terrible. Lots of illogical, nonsensical stuff happening.

Still, I have to say I enjoyed it more than I did TLJ.

And although Rey takes the mantle, I'll admit I've been wrong about here lineage all these years. But knowing JJ, Rey has had multiple possibilities from the get-go... and this one came into being because of the 11th hour decision to bring back Palpatine. So I think I've only been wrong for about a year and a half.

Oh, and that crawl was the worst! :lol

Last edited:
So many questions:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe someday Trevorrow will be allowed to talk about his ideas. Surely he's not allowed to talk about it now.

It probably made no difference to Abrams whether the bad guy was Snoke or someone else, cause he never intended to tell this part of the story anyway. He intentionally left everything as wide open as possible. He never gave Rey a last name. Snoke had no backstory. It was up to the next guy. JJ didn't care.

Rey never had an origin until someone sat down to write Episode 7. Rian thought it would be cute to make her a nobody. As much as I thoroughly despise TLJ, I had no problem with Rey being a nobody. Luke was a nobody too, when SW first came out and before ESB was written. There have to be Force-sensitive people in the universe other than just Skywalkers and Palpatines. Otherwise there never would have been a Jedi order in the first place! The sin they made was making Rey overpowerful and undefeatable and uninteresting.....her being a nobody would have been fine.

Anyway, JJ obviously didn't like Rian's origin so he decided to make up his own. It's lame as hell, but it's not that different from the OT that was also made up on the fly. The difference is, everything worked in the OT. Yeah, Ben lied to Luke but then he kind of sheepishly admits in in ROTJ. The only thing that has never made any sense and still bothers me to this day is Luke and Leia being brother and sister. That was pure laziness. And it's still gross.

Saw it this afternoon. Loved it. Fantastic Star Wars film. So much fun. Best one-liners went to 3PO and Lando was a joy whenever he was on screen. Poe, Kylo and Rey benefited from the most development, with Finn, well he's still just there. Ian brought us the maniacal Palpatine we remember. He was clearly relishing the scenery chewing. There were a number of scenes that brought tears of joy and tears of sorrow. And that surprise cameo...

That's all of got to say because this thread is so hell bent on hating the film, anything I have to say will be like yelling at the ocean.

So many questions:

Spoiler Spoiler:

#ReleasetheTrevorrowCut

That's all of got to say because this thread is so hell bent on hating the film, anything I have to say will be like yelling at the ocean.

I wanted to like it. I liked the PT and the rest of the ST, so I'm not a hater. But TROS just didn't go in the direction I thought it should, which sadly ruins the whole saga for me.

#ReleasetheTrevorrowCut

Bring it!

I actually wrote a long impression of this movie to share but decided not to post it because it is not gonna change anything for you guys. Most of you guys already spoiled the movie for yourself months ago and already made your own decision about how you feel about it.

So I am just gonna boil it down to the bare essentials. Not gonna put spoiler tags cause no one seem to really care about that here.

I feel that Rey as a Palpatine works and for those not in the know it was confirmed in the canon comics recently that it was indeed Palpatine who manipulated the Force to create Anakin. That basically makes him the father of Anakin. Which also basically makes Skywalker = Palpatine.

Before anyone goes into a rage on how Disney is retconning stuff left and right this is one thing they didn?t. It was already alluded back in the PT that Palpatine was the one who created Anakin. That whole opera scene is just him hinting at it without outright saying it. I gather that even when watching it in the cinemas back then.

This was also further supported by the supplement material Book of Sith released before the Disney takeover.

This explains her natural proficiency in the Force but I am sure it will still not satisfy the Mary Sue Rey.

I don't know what fans expected or desired in the ST. The OT was a new take on Flash Gordon and other serials and didn't offer up daring new ideas or characters. They work because of how Lucas made it all seem fresh with technology and art direction that was new for the time. Mix that with likable actors and good old fashioned fun and we got the OT. Nostalgia for those who were growing up? You bet.
The ST is no better or worse on how we remembered the OT and trying to come up with lightning in a bottle three plus decades later...well nothing was going to work for us. Box office spoke loudly and here we have what we have...

It's simple, fans just wanted a good story, unfortunately, we didn't get that with any of these films...

I actually wrote a long impression of this movie to share but decided not to post it because it is not gonna change anything for you guys. Most of you guys already spoiled the movie for yourself months ago and already made your own decision about how you feel about it.

So I am just gonna boil it down to the bare essentials. Not gonna put spoiler tags cause no one seem to really care about that here.

I feel that Rey as a Palpatine works and for those not in the know it was confirmed in the canon comics recently that it was indeed Palpatine who manipulated the Force to create Anakin. That basically makes him the father of Anakin. Which also basically makes Skywalker = Palpatine.

Before anyone goes into a rage on how Disney is retconning stuff left and right this is one thing they didn?t. It was already alluded back in the PT that Palpatine was the one who created Anakin. That whole opera scene is just him hinting at it without outright saying it. I gather that even when watching it in the cinemas back then.

This was also further supported by the supplement material Book of Sith released before the Disney takeover.

This explains her natural proficiency in the Force but I am sure it will still not satisfy the Mary Sue Rey.

I did consider that, but Kylo specifically refers to Palpatine having a son (who is otherwise not mentioned anywhere). So unless that son was Anakin, there's still this whole Palpatine family tree that's never before been referenced (and tends to undermine the Skywalker dynasty).

Oh, and LFL backpedalled on that comic scene, saying Palpatine as the father was just "one possible interpretation".

It's simple, fans just wanted a good story, unfortunately, we didn't get that with any of these films...

Yup!

And all these people saying SW fans are toxic, racist, can't be pleased, blah, blah, blah... your argument is completely without substance by the universal praise for The Mandalorian.

Nothing to do with labelling - just write good stories. You wouldn't think it would be hard, but obviously it is for current-day Hollywood.

So what does D-0 do that makes it worthwhile?

What does Zori Bliss do? Does she ever take her helmet off?

And NOSE LADY???

Is Nose Lady in the movie??

Oh Jesus I'd forgotten about her.

It looks like a dorsal fin stuck to her face. Imagine the panic she'd cause if she ever did backstroke whilst swimming at the beach.

Saw it this afternoon. Loved it. Fantastic Star Wars film. So much fun. Best one-liners went to 3PO and Lando was a joy whenever he was on screen. Poe, Kylo and Rey benefited from the most development, with Finn, well he's still just there. Ian brought us the maniacal Palpatine we remember. He was clearly relishing the scenery chewing. There were a number of scenes that brought tears of joy and tears of sorrow. And that surprise cameo...

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Gives me a bit of hope going into it tomorrow!

It's really weird seeing all these negative reviews from sites/bloggers that are usually buried deep within the Mouse's butthole. What's going on? Why are the shills turning against the hand that feeds them?

It's really weird seeing all these negative reviews from sites/bloggers that are usually buried deep within the Mouse's butthole. What's going on? Why are the shills turning against the hand that feeds them?

Because it's viewed as kowtowing to fanboys and as a rejection of TLJ (which many critics adored for putting fanboys in their place and for its identity politics virtues such as targeting masculinity and placing feminism at the forefront) and thereby allowing the backlash to "win." TLJ was also supposedly a "risk-taking" film that TROS has reversed by returning to safety, comfort food and "what fans want."

That seems to be the subtext of many of the most negative reviews.

Meh. Still has Mary Sue doing all kinds of ******** with no problems at all, etc.

I hate Rey.

I?ll second this review. Really enjoyed it!

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

How can kylo ren lose to rey again? Is he still injured from that chewie bow blaster shot?

Back