Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Rian who I admire enormously and adore, came on board, we met and talked with him about all the things we were working on and playing with, and he as a spectacular writer and director has taken those things and has written an AMAZING script that I think will be an incredible next chapter, some of which incorporating things we were thinking of and other things are things we could never of dreamed of.

I hope that's a misquote or the reporter's grammatical error, cos I can't imagine JJ making that mistake.

:lol :lol

"Okay Harrison, walk behind Jabba and tell him you had no choice but to dump your cargo. This will all make perfect sense when he's an enormous fat slug two films from now," lol.

"Carrie, kiss Luke and say 'for luck' even though that's your brother and you'll eventually fall in love with Harrison who hasn't actually signed on to do any sequels."

:lol :lol

"Okay Harrison, walk behind Jabba and tell him you had no choice but to dump your cargo. This will all make perfect sense when he's an enormous fat slug two films from now," lol.

"Carrie, kiss Luke and say 'for luck' even though that's your brother and you'll eventually fall in love with Harrison who hasn't actually signed on to do any sequels."

:lol :lol :lol

"And in the sequel, we'll have you kiss Mark on the mouth (maybe slip him some tongue, I haven't decided yet) just to make sure fans look back on it and cringe after I reveal that you're siblings . . . like I always planned . . . y'know, from the very beginning."

I can't believe you actually went ahead and did it. The lightning was a great touch for Rambo Palps, btw. :lol

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

It's absolutely amazing how common sense and rationality have seemingly disappeared from fandom, but it's damn sure nice to know that some people still have plenty of both. You da man, jye! Plain and simple: YOU. DA. MAN!!

Want to laugh look at the Rambo photo I used his mouth matched Sidious when he yelled “unlimited power”. :lol

2B78812E-DBE8-46C1-A376-1D77D76FBA41.jpeg

Anyways regarding Rey’s parentage it’s like fans literally want JJ to spoil IX and just come out and say “Don’t worry her parents are going to be very important people crucial to the trilogy!”

They can’t even wait for the final movie they need to be comforted RIGHT NOW lol

It’s crazy.

I might want the Mandalorian to be Fett but I don’t need Favreau grabbing my hand and saying “Don’t worry jye the Mandalorian will be someone you love from ESB!”. :lol

Last edited:
To sum it up: LFL, and the story group there, had a general direction they wanted this trilogy to go. They gave JJ and RJ freedom to construct their own stories, but the story group worked with both to ensure that the main vision (no matter how much it wasn't set in stone) would be a cohesive one. Firing the original writer/director of Ep9 before TLJ even came out probably means that he wasn't taking the last film in the direction it was supposed to go. He was fired. JJ was brought back. Now they're ending it with the same guy they started it with because he understood where the general story was going since the beginning.

Fans can accuse LFL of whatever buffoonery they want, but what was going on all along was having a sense of how this story would all transpire over *THREE* films, but still letting creative people do what they do best: be creative. They build on each other's work, but there's always a story group in place to shape and guide where it all ends up.

Where was Kathleen Kennedy or the LFL writers to keep track of that?

That's why TV shows have "show-runners" nowadays. These people's responsibility is to ensure that the TV's writing, style and creative direction remain consistently the same throughout the entire season...even when they tend to rotate writers, directors, crew, etc. I don't think anyone is against letting creative people be creative, but it appears that the "main vision" you mention for this new trilogy was never set in stone as much as it should be. Obviously Rian deviated or changed too many elements from those "story group" discussions with his movie as having him fired from directing Episode 9 clearly illustrates that any developed "plan" during that conceptual phase went to the way-side when The Last Jedi came out.

KK and LFL are 100% to blame for it. They should've had a tighter grip on the reins or worked harder to develop a "story bible" for the new trilogy. People hammer Marvel Studios for firing Patty Jenkins on "Thor: The Dark World" and Edgar Wright on "Ant-man" but when it was clear that their "visions" weren't lining up with Marvel's guide...they let them know and then ended up letting them go.

"And in the sequel, we'll have you kiss Mark on the mouth (maybe slip him some tongue, I haven't decided yet) just to make sure fans look back on it and cringe after I reveal that you're siblings . . . like I always planned . . . y'know, from the very beginning."

Holy crap, lol!

I might want the Mandalorian to be Fett but I don’t need Favreau grabbing my handcand saying “Don’t worry jye the Mandalorian will be someone you love from ESB!”. :lol

Where was Kathleen Kennedy or the LFL writers to keep track of that?

That's why TV shows have "show-runners" nowadays. These people's responsibility is to ensure that the TV's writing, style and creative direction remain consistently the same throughout the entire season...even when they tend to rotate writers, directors, crew, etc. I don't think anyone is against letting creative people be creative, but it appears that the "main vision" you mention for this new trilogy was never set in stone as much as it should be. Obviously Rian deviated or changed too many elements from those "story group" discussions with his movie as having him fired from directing Episode 9 clearly illustrates that any developed "plan" during that conceptual phase went to the way-side when The Last Jedi came out.

KK and LFL are 100% to blame for it. They should've had a tighter grip on the reins or worked harder to develop a "story bible" for the new trilogy. People hammer Marvel Studios for firing Patty Jenkins on "Thor: The Dark World" and Edgar Wright on "Ant-man" but when it was clear that their "visions" weren't lining up with Marvel's guide...they let them know and then ended up letting them go.

Except that if Iron Man had bombed there'd be no MCU as we know it with or without Feige's guidance. And just as many series' with "showrunners" fail as those that succeed. Nobody has the secret formula to guaranteed success which is why it's always so amazing when we do get something great in the end.

If AEG sticks the landing then the MCU did it right, if TROS sticks the landing then the ST did it right (like the OT before it.) We'll just have to wait and see because neither approach is mutually exclusive nor inherently guaranteed of success or failure.

Not sure who you're referring to but don't try and act like Disney had a plan for this "trilogy." They mad libbed that **** as they went. :lol

Rian Johnson didn't want to answer any of the questions brought up in FA because he didn't know or care.

giphy.gif

Say trilogy again Jye.....still not sinking in.

Weather they had a plan or not is not the issue.

They still have another film, that can or cannot answer, disprove, change or ignore anything we have seen thus far.

Wasn’t Luke going after Leia up until ROTJ? Why did he change his mind? She was hot as hell in the beginning of ROTJ!!!!! Did something about their relationship CHANGE in ROTJ?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Want to laugh look at the Rambo photo I used his mouth matched Sidious when he yelled “unlimited power”. :lol

:lol Now I can't help wanting Stallone playing a Sith.

Anyways regarding Rey’s parentage it’s like fans literally want JJ to spoil IX and just come out and say “Don’t worry her parents are going to be very important people crucial to the trilogy!”

They can’t even wait for the final movie they need to be comforted RIGHT NOW lol

It’s crazy.

Dude, the continued Rey's parentage thing with some fans blows my mind. Not just because of the impatience, but because it *HAS* to be what *they want* it to be. And I don't get where some of their hopes/theories are coming from. In TFA, JJ showed Rey being handed off to a guy who is basically a slave master to Rey, right? What good parents would do that to their kid!? And then JJ follows that by having Maz tell Rey: "Dear child, I see your eyes - you already know the truth. Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back."

TLJ comes along and goes: "Rey was dumped off by jerks, and they're not coming back" . . . and fans lose their ****! HUH!!??? I'm left thinking: "were you guys even paying attention to TFA at all?"

And I'm not saying that there can't be more to the story with Rey's parents, and who they were, and why they'd leave her with an a-hole junk trader . . . but c'mon! Some people make it seem like there was no logical connection between what we learned in TFA about Rey's parents, and what was told about them in TLJ. I see the complete opposite. There might very well be more to it (as JJ suggests), but it could end up making less sense after what we learned in TFA; and just to try to make people happy.

If there's more to it than we know so far, there's nothing wrong with extending the intrigue/mystery.

I’m still laughing over what rushmore said about Frodo destroying the ring a whole movie earlier. :lol :lol

That’s Khev level of lulz!

Good one rush lol

But like Xipo said.....Story group or no story group just wait for the damn trilogy to end!

If IX is great i’m getting drunk with Khev and ajp lol

I’m still laughing over what rushmore said about Frodo destroying the ring a whole movie earlier. [emoji38] [emoji38]

That’s Khev level of lulz!

Good one rush lol

But like Xipo said.....Story group or no story group just wait for the damn trilogy to end!

If IX is great i’m getting drunk with Khev and ajp lol
Just hope they're staying true to their original intent, and not buckling to fan demand.

I have no doubt it will be a fun ride, though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I thought it was obvious he was lying to Rey. He was trying to manipulate her into thinking she wasn't "special."

I believe they will be revealing that Rey was a member of the Sue family all along, and her mythic mother, Mary, will appear as an apparition to confirm she was special all along.:lol

Obi-Wan said that Darth Vader betrayed and murdered Luke's father! Lucas lied to us, he LIED! :panic:

Ben should have given it to Luke straight - "kid, the most evil and powerful wizard-general in the galaxy is your DAD.":lecture:lol

To sum it up: LFL, and the story group there, had a general direction they wanted this trilogy to go. They gave JJ and RJ freedom to construct their own stories, but the story group worked with both to ensure that the main vision (no matter how much it wasn't set in stone) would be a cohesive one. Firing the original writer/director of Ep9 before TLJ even came out probably means that he wasn't taking the last film in the direction it was supposed to go. He was fired. JJ was brought back. Now they're ending it with the same guy they started it with because he understood where the general story was going since the beginning.

The "Story Group" being like a random collection of buzzing/flickering 3 watt bulbs of creativity was maybe the problem. They come across as the most cloying group of idiots - and these people in theory have power over some of the most creative people in the business. People who have little in the way of creative credentials setting creative parameters for Jon Favreau and his writers?:dunno

Why they didn't hire a group of part-time consultants including people like Lawrence Kasdan and Dave Filoni to brainstorm overall storylines I have no idea - and just have Leland Chee and those others as the note takers and typists they should be.

:lol Now I can't help wanting Stallone playing a Sith.

Dude, the continued Rey's parentage thing with some fans blows my mind. Not just because of the impatience, but because it *HAS* to be what *they want* it to be. And I don't get where some of their hopes/theories are coming from. In TFA, JJ showed Rey being handed off to a guy who is basically a slave master to Rey, right? What good parents would do that to their kid!? And then JJ follows that by having Maz tell Rey: "Dear child, I see your eyes - you already know the truth. Whomever you are waiting for on Jakku, they're never coming back."

You are the only person on the planet who has quoted, discussed or even mentioned Maz in the past month.:lecture:lol

Just hope they're staying true to their original intent, and not buckling to fan demand.

Palpatine is popular, but I hadn't seen any actual demand for Palpatine to return. Snoke was criticized for basically being "another Emperor".

I doubt Luke will be back other than as a ghost who has a chat with Rey and then disappears. They squandered the opportunity to have Old Luke on an adventure in the manner of Ben Kenobi or Gandalf. But we can still get a Luke Skywalker that feels like Luke Skywalker. Just avoid bringing up TLJ. :wink1:

Back