Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the First Order was his expendable army that he used to neutralize the hard targets (Jedi and Republic fleet) while the Exegol forces were his prize combatants devoted to him personally that he would employ to create an endlessly sustainable Sith Empire.

In the absence of any logical on-screen explanation, I?ll take that, thanks Khev.

Now, how about Snoke? ;)

For anyone who actually liked this movie, or cares about finding out more backstory to this convoluted mess, early copies of the novel have been given out. In it it explains about the emperor. He is in fact a clone. Here's the article

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-palpatine-clone-rise-skywalker-confirm-novel/amp/

Thanks, you?ve just reminded me how much Lucas ?approved? of Dark Empire. Does that make it more canon than the ST?

While I don?t rate TROS highly overall, I did enjoy its EU elements.

Well it *is* stated on screen that the FO tirelessly hunts for Luke Skywalker after he is reduced to being the last Jedi.

Why did OT Palpatine need Tarkin? Or Vader? Or Piett? Or Veers? Why did PT Palpatine need Dooku or Grievous or Gunray? He's a puppet master. Always has been.

Well it *is* stated on screen that the FO tirelessly hunts for Luke Skywalker after he is reduced to being the last Jedi.

The FO?s purpose was always clear. The need for a Final Order, with its attendant division of resources, not so much.

Why did OT Palpatine need Tarkin? Or Vader? Or Piett? Or Veers? Why did PT Palpatine need Dooku or Grievous or Gunray? He's a puppet master. Always has been.

I guess you could surmise he used Snoke to hide his true identity/intent while he hatched his plans. When Kylo killed Snoke his hand was forced and he revealed himself to the galaxy.

If only it was spelt out in TROS...

I guess you could surmise he used Snoke to hide his true identity/intent while he hatched his plans. When Kylo killed Snoke his hand was forced and he revealed himself to the galaxy.

If only it was spelt out in TROS...

Look at you answering your own question! :clap I was going to say the same thing but since you made the same assumption as me it really didn't need to be spelled out did it? :) Imagine if TFA opened with Palpatine publicly leading the FO. That would have galvanized the entire galaxy right there which he clearly was not ready for. So he played on the complacence of peace and used Snoke as just some random bad guy, totally unproven in the eyes of the galaxy and easier to dismiss.

The FO?s purpose was always clear. The need for a Final Order, with its attendant division of resources, not so much.

Now this one *was* spelled out on screen. Once he was ready to reveal himself he was going to dispatch planet killing Star Destroyers to thousands of planets, achieving instant checkmate on the entire galaxy.

So he used a bald old man to hide his identity but couldn?t of just...., I don?t know come back from the dead since his damn identity ain?t a secret? Lol what a stupid plan

I don't understand if Palps was a clone all along, why not just create more clones of him rather than Snoke? Who was Snoke and why was he needed?

I don't understand if Palps was a clone all along, why not just create more clones of him rather than Snoke? Who was Snoke and why was he needed?

Making more clones of himself would just mean that he had extra empty scarecrow bodies laying around. His spirit could still only inhabit one of them and whichever one he chose would rapidly age and decompose and wouldn't be able to move. Snoke was a separate created being who could serve Palpatine and act as the mobile "face" of the FO until Palps was capable of moving around and surviving apart from his funky contraption.

Ugh - Doc Brown preaching a climate change storyline. Thank god they're saying no.:rotfl

Greta could play Biff's granddaughter - she'd actually be a great villain, maybe for a Bond movie.:lecture

They're taking the high ground but you do have to wonder if MJF didn't have Parkinson's if they might be saying something different though.

They would realize that so long as Fox is alive there's not a fan-accepted way to do a new BTTF (given he has acted a fair amount with Parkinsons, incorporating his illness into the story,) yet using him in a new movie (main character's dad or whatever) would be really tricky to do tone-wise.

Personally, I think it would be an amazing thing to see onscreen, but a studio would freak out about it. And it's possible that MJF himself wouldn't be okay with it. It's an interesting discussion.

Bob Gale goes a little further in this link, actually using the ST of Star Wars as an example of what not to do.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020...hade-at-star-wars-and-old-man-luke-skywalker/

Making more clones of himself would just mean that he had extra empty scarecrow bodies laying around. His spirit could still only inhabit one of them and whichever one he chose would rapidly age and decompose and wouldn't be able to move. Snoke was a separate created being who could serve Palpatine and act as the mobile "face" of the FO until Palps was capable of moving around and surviving apart from his funky contraption.

Nah that makes no sense. Literally that?s stupid. If he wasn?t dead all he had to do was tell his followers he is still kicking

After catching up on the thread... you sure do have to jump through a lot of hoops and read a lot of outside material to even make TROS somewhat sensible. Boggles my mind how anyone says TROS is better than any PT/OT movie. ST does 10000x more damage to the OT. Reylo automatically puts it at zero. Still have yet to see even a defensible view of that pure tumblr fan fic garbage.

Also, anyone know why the Rotten Tomatoes audience score has yet to change from 86%? It’s been stuck there for the last 60,000+ votes. Is Disney really rigging audience votes now?

After catching up on the thread... you sure do have to jump through a lot of hoops and read a lot of outside material to even make TROS somewhat sensible. Boggles my mind how anyone says TROS is better than any PT/OT movie. ST does 10000x more damage to the OT. Reylo automatically puts it at zero. Still have yet to see even a defensible view of that pure tumblr fan fic garbage.

Also, anyone know why the Rotten Tomatoes audience score has yet to change from 86%? It?s been stuck there for the last 60,000+ votes. Is Disney really rigging audience votes now?

It?s only 2 people and they only give it a pass cause of the shameless ot nods . If these films didn?t have the stormtroopers and silly star battles they?d rank it lower than the PT and yes Disney rigged it.

No...there is another...

e3bbfd8558d2ff3c23e7d083a04d8814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine how much better ROS could have been if Rian Johnson hadn’t gone off on his own tangent. I’ve been reading and watching you tube videos about how badly he botched it. The ROS has so much potential to be a good ending to it all instead, for me, it falls really flat.

Imagine how much better ROS could have been if Rian Johnson hadn’t gone off on his own tangent. I’ve been reading and watching you tube videos about how badly he botched it. The ROS has so much potential to be a good ending to it all instead, for me, it falls really flat.

You're watching the wrong YouTube videos. ;)

So what would have been the "good" version of TROS in your mind then? "Duel of the Fates" by Colin Trevorrow (which synced up with TLJ just fine) or something else?

Back