Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need a lets ***** about Star Wars thread so this thread can return to talking about the movie....which is not even out yet.

At least you would know what you would be reading on that thread.

Instead of page after page of ranting about Disney......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Relax. Only 4 people on this whole forum are excited for this film. U take the negative people away the thread will be dead

K4V9JL6.jpg

Annie came home.

OMG say it ain?t so are are they implying that a movie studio that puts out 300 million dollars PER MOVIE has the freaking balls to want a 50/50 split with having creative control, OMG that sounds so scandalous!

Gee I wonder if every other studio that puts up 300 million dollars also requires a 50/50 creative split hmmmm.

What a horrible mean studio they should give 100% FULL CONTROL of that 300 million to the director!

If it was your money I?m sure you would as well right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, it's like they're some kind of....theme park ride. :chase

Honestly I don?t even think TFA-TLJ succeed at the theme park level TLJ has the slowest space chase in history which is the complete opposite of how a rollercoaster operates lol

ANH/ESB and yes even ROTJ have some amazing theme park attractions.

Ain?t no director got complete control of that kind of money.

Story group producers, remember.

Yep! RJ actually relocated to the Bay Area when writing TLJ so that he could be in constant contact with KK and the story group. I've spent nearly two years here laughing at the idea that RJ was given free reign to "go off the reservation." Just my (unpopular) opinion, but that's such nonsense. :lol Rian wouldn't be meeting with Dave Filoni, and asking him for guidance . . . and he wouldn't be constantly running things by the story group . . . and he wouldn't be having conversations with GL if he was just being allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted.

The reason RJ has repeatedly touted how much freedom he had is because he knows how to play the game. KK was (and is) having a perception problem that she doesn't give writers/directors any real creative freedom. Being a SW fan who desperately wants to make SW movies, RJ kept promoting how much freedom he had because that's the smart thing to do in order to keep working there.

Rian doesn't *need* the LFL gig; but he *wants* to make SW movies. The guy just started his own production company, has had most of his films met with enthusiastic reception from critics, and is even starting to get a little bit of Oscar buzz for Knives Out. He could easily say "F you" to SW and to all the crap he's gotten for it, but the dude loves this franchise. Playing ball with KK is his best bet to get to do more (and even that probably won't be enough).

Yep! RJ actually relocated to the Bay Area when writing TLJ so that he could be in constant contact with KK and the story group. I've spent nearly two years here laughing at the idea that RJ was given free reign to "go off the reservation." Just my (unpopular) opinion, but that's such nonsense. :lol Rian wouldn't be meeting with Dave Filoni, and asking him for guidance . . . and he wouldn't be constantly running things by the story group . . . and he wouldn't be having conversations with GL if he was just being allowed to do whatever the **** he wanted.

The reason RJ has repeatedly touted how much freedom he had is because he knows how to play the game. KK was (and is) having a perception problem that she doesn't give writers/directors any real creative freedom. Being a SW fan who desperately wants to make SW movies, RJ kept promoting how much freedom he had because that's the smart thing to do in order to keep working there.

Rian doesn't *need* the LFL gig; but he *wants* to make SW movies. The guy just started his own production company, has had most of his films met with enthusiastic reception from critics, and is even starting to get a little bit of Oscar buzz for Knives Out. He could easily say "F you" to SW and to all the crap he's gotten for it, but the dude loves this franchise. Playing ball with KK is his best bet to get to do more (and even that probably won't be enough).

Well, if that's what he does "loving" the franchise, I sure hope he starts hating it... :lol

Is Knives Out already out? I did read that it got rave reviews. I'm mildly curious, as the trailer didn't do much for me.

Well, if that's what he does "loving" the franchise, I sure hope he starts hating it... :lol

Is Knives Out already out? I did read that it got rave reviews. I'm mildly curious, as the trailer didn't do much for me.

Knives Out gets wide release in late November.

I don't think you have to worry about RJ "ruining" SW from here on out. The backlash is too strong, and Disney won't want anything to do with whatever controversy his name would attach to his SW films.

Personally, I wish he could've gotten a chance to do his own trilogy, but I haven't disliked any of his films yet, and he'll still be making more non-SW stuff. Fine by me.

I'd wait for the audience scores. "Rave reviews" from critics these days tends to just mean that the film is anti-Trump or "woke."

And audience scores will be weighed down by people giving the film a 1/10 (as they're already doing on iMDB). Just judge it by his other films; if you like them, you'll like Knives Out. If you don't, then stay away from it. Pretty simple.

Knives Out gets wide release in late November.

I don't think you have to worry about RJ "ruining" SW from here on out. The backlash is too strong, and Disney won't want anything to do with whatever controversy his name would attach to his SW films.

Personally, I wish he could've gotten a chance to do his own trilogy, but I haven't disliked any of his films yet, so he'll still be making more non-SW stuff. Fine by me.

Well, I don't think there's much more to ruin anymore... :peace

So I didn't get more SW movies about the Skywalker Saga to love, but I still have six to revisit at my leisure. And I've got Rogue 1! It's really too bad the Saga didn't get a fitting closure (IMHO), but let's be honest, it was finished in EpVI anyway. These movies could've been the cherry on top, they weren't, we'll just have to move on and look forward to other stories set in the SW universe. Hopefully we'll still get a few more good ones.

Back