Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

Maz is useless. There in TFA to have a "bar scene" and to get the McGuffin into Rey's hand.

Pointless character much in the way Qui-Gon is.

I know, I know, a lot of you think because a good actor portrays him that Qui-Gon is 'all that' but what does he really do? He's a Jedi, but he's not. He cheats. Most every call he makes goes wrong. And he dies at the end. His purpose is only to bring that little boy into the fray... so he's a reckless Jedi that talks mumbo-jumbo about minding the living Force, and the uses that Force to cheat Watto. Real Good Jedi. It's his fault the galaxy got Vader.

I’ve been saying all along that Maz is a Sith but not head Sith :panic:

Qui-Gon what a low life idiot thug lol

Maz is useless. There in TFA to have a "bar scene" and to get the McGuffin into Rey's hand.

I know, I know, a lot of you think because a good actor portrays him that Qui-Gon is 'all that' but what does he really do? He's a Jedi, but he's not. He cheats. Most every call he makes goes wrong. And he dies at the end. His purpose is only to bring that little boy into the fray... so he's a reckless Jedi that talks mumbo-jumbo about minding the living Force, and the uses that Force to cheat Watto. Real Good Jedi. It's his fault the galaxy got Vader.

He saw potential in Anakin. Obi-Wan is really at fault for not training him properly:wink1:

I would have much preferred if Obi-Wan was the lone Jedi who took Anakin in. It would have made Obi-Wan's story more complex and sad that he saw such potential in Anakin and failed when it came to helping Anakin when he needed proper guidance. Instead I just never felt a real connection between the two until RotS, and by then it was shoe horned in that they were friends to make it seem tragic. Another reason AOTC is the worst SW film, failing to set up basic character dynamics that are needed to make us care about their relationship.
This is why if I need to binge SW I begin with 3. Sets up what I need for the rest of the films to follow. TPM and AOTC collect dust for me. I just never feel the need to ever watch them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

250px-Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

maxresdefault.jpg

I would have much preferred if Obi-Wan was the lone Jedi who took Anakin in. It would have made Obi-Wan's story more complex and sad that he saw such potential in Anakin and failed when it came to helping Anakin when he needed proper guidance. Instead I just never felt a real connection between the two until RotS, and by then it was shoe horned in that they were friends to make it seem tragic. Another reason AOTC is the worst SW film, failing to set up basic character dynamics that are needed to make us care about their relationship.
This is why if I need to binge SW I begin with 3. Sets up what I need for the rest of the films to follow. TPM and AOTC collect dust for me. I just never feel the need to ever watch them again.

Let me preface this by saying I’m a prequel fanboy (Star Wars I grew up with). But, the relationship was pretty much established (or at least tried) through exposition. TPM was supposed to show him as the lowly slave with immense powers. And AOTC was supposed show how reckless and impulsive he is (traits present in his son). So yes, to someone who wasn’t introduced to SW through the prequels, I can see why you would skip them. But they at least have their place in establishing Anakin beforehand. Sorry, I try to defend the prequels any opportunity I get :lol

Let me preface this by saying I’m a prequel fanboy (Star Wars I grew up with). But, the relationship was pretty much established (or at least tried) through exposition. TPM was supposed to show him as the lowly slave with immense powers. And AOTC was supposed show how reckless and impulsive he is (traits present in his son). So yes, to someone who wasn’t introduced to SW through the prequels, I can see why you would skip them. But they at least have their place in establishing Anakin beforehand. Sorry, I try to defend the prequels any opportunity I get :lol

No problem. We all have our versions of Star Wars we prefer. TPM I just find very little to enjoy watching. Same with AOTC but even worse. With the knowledge of what happens in them, I can go right into RotS which I find pretty enjoyable with some very good performances (yes, I thought Hayden was actually pretty good in it) I don't judge anybody if they love the prequels, we are all Star Wars fans and are passionate about it. And a lot of our differences in preference comes from our ages and what we grew up with. Being old the OT will always be sacred to me even if I know all 3 of them are not "perfect" films. The prequels I can appreciate for a few reasons, mainly having those memories of the anticipation with friends and family and some great design work. The stories of what happened to the republic/ clone wars, Palpatines rise I thought were great stories. I just have problems with the execution of the first two the most.

JJ should've just done them all.

Sadly that was never gonna happen. He had to be cajoled into TFA cos he hadn't had a break for years.

Abrams will be mad that Johnson killed his emperor character, so he'll immediately bring in Snoke's boss, who was really the bad guy all along.

Snoke was already an "undead" character - you can kinda tell from his appearance. So it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to bring him back.

I would have much preferred if Obi-Wan was the lone Jedi who took Anakin in.

Lucas said it was originally supposed to be Obi-Wan alone, but he split two aspects of Obi-Wan's character into two Jedi.

I think ROTS was the only story Lucas had planned out for years in advance. This is probably why it stands above the other two. It's a bit like stretching The Hobbit over a trilogy.

giphy.webp

ROTS is watchable....the rest are not....even the fan edits cannot safe those.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The ROTS boat left me on the island. I just don't see how it is more watchable than the other two. A couple of decent scenes here and there if you can get past the embarrassing opening space battle which, I wasn't able to, when last I tried about 7 years ago :dunno

Anytime Grievous is onscreen it becomes unwatchable.

Anytime there is a space battle onscreen it becomes unwatchable.

Anytime there is a lightsaber battle it becomes unwatchable except for the Dooku one.

Anakin vs Obi-Wan starts off good then it goes off the rails.

Anytime Grievous is onscreen it becomes unwatchable.

Anytime there is a space battle onscreen it becomes unwatchable.

Anytime there is a lightsaber battle it becomes unwatchable except for the Dooku one.

Anakin vs Obi-Wan starts off good then it goes off the rails.

Jye, if you don’t change your goddamn sig, I swear to god

It's not JYE's worst one though. That went to the crazy eyed motormouth with a birds nest for hair. A-Dev I think JYE said his signature is from Hereditary.

You know just because my very precious lovely daughter looks like she’s been possessed by a hybrid human male female half goat demon king of hell does it mean you should make fun of her lol

Back