Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the Secrets of the Sith book doubles down on Rey as daughter of clone:

Does it make any sense that her "father" would have no connection to The Force but she would?

JvEVF19.jpg

Speaking of future projects involving ST characters, wouldn’t a Poe series make more sense than a. Cassian series?
I think that the Cassian series has the most potential usefulness out of every announced upcoming SW project. It's supposed to be set 5 years prior to RO/ANH, so it'll deal with the only aspect of the Lucas saga which he never really delved into: the rise of the Rebellion. Everything else is more superfluous in terms of revolving around characters whose key moments in the saga were already taken care of in the films.

If Andor is able to give the Rebel cause more depth, with a real sense for their fledgling struggle, it could actually even enhance the OT. Making Leia's involvement more poignant, and Luke joining all the more of a turning point. None of the other shows have that potential, IMO (quite the opposite, in fact). Plus, it could offer a distinctly different tone in the SW landscape (even more than RO) while also providing the writers plenty of thematic material to deliver to the audience. Y'know... why stories should be told in the first place? :)

Starting something from nothing; opposing authoritarianism with principled purpose; navigating shades of gray with espionage, subterfuge, and gritty struggles... chances to show cool **** happening, introduce new characters on both sides, tell compelling stories, and provide actual themes!

With all that said, Filoni will probably just hijack it to make another live-action version of Rebels. And also do **** like use an entire episode to explain how/why Leia knew that Obi-Wan used the name "Ben" Kenobi when Luke called him that during the detention rescue. :lol

Even though I found TROS to be a massive disappointment that kinda killed my interest in the ST for a long while, I still liked the characters enough that I would be down for more adventures of Rey, Poe and Finn.

But the world of the ST was never that compelling to begin with, and the only thing that made the First Order interesting was Kylo, so I don't really see anything that would be worth exploring further. And I seriously doubt the actors have any interest in returning anyway.

I think that the Cassian series has the most potential usefulness out of every announced upcoming SW project. It's supposed to be set 5 years prior to RO/ANH, so it'll deal with the only aspect of the Lucas saga which he never really delved into: the rise of the Rebellion. Everything else is more superfluous in terms of revolving around characters whose key moments in the saga were already taken care of in the films.

If Andor is able to give the Rebel cause more depth, with a real sense for their fledgling struggle, it could actually even enhance the OT. Making Leia's involvement more poignant, and Luke joining all the more of a turning point. None of the other shows have that potential, IMO (quite the opposite, in fact). Plus, it could offer a distinctly different tone in the SW landscape (even more than RO) while also providing the writers plenty of thematic material to deliver to the audience. Y'know... why stories should be told in the first place? :)

Starting something from nothing; opposing authoritarianism with principled purpose; navigating shades of gray with espionage, subterfuge, and gritty struggles... chances to show cool **** happening, introduce new characters on both sides, tell compelling stories, and provide actual themes!

With all that said, Filoni will probably just hijack it to make another live-action version of Rebels. And also do **** like use an entire episode to explain how/why Leia knew that Obi-Wan used the name "Ben" Kenobi when Luke called him that during the detention rescue. :lol

Good points as usual. I guess my main thinking was that Poe was a bigger or more consequential character than Cassian, and Oscar Isaac a bigger drawcard (assuming he'd be down with a series). But then Resistance has it covered on the animated side.

Plus the OT doesn't require any enhancement!

Agreed completely. I think Cassian Andor's character pointed to a much more interesting side of the SW universe that hopefully will be explored in the series.

Did you never own the 2011 blu-rays? All those scenes were included on the discs.

[Video]

They even released figures of them.

View attachment 547697

Nope, I obviously need to watch more BTS stuff. And I call myself a fan...

P.S. I do actually remember that figure now, just had no idea he manned a gunner station.

Last edited:
I honestly wonder how freakin salty you’d be if they do retcon it. I’d imagine you’d take a metal bat to all your Star Wars collectibles and try abs burn skywalker ranch
What are you talking about George retconned the theatrical OT and I survived, I can certainly survive any future retcons, lol.

Back