Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. No matter how much the old folk hate the PT it sold toys and merch and kept Star Wars profitable. I?ve never seen Star Wars in such a state like this before. Imagine if this cane before the Pt ? It would be dead by now.
Also I think the entire cast of the ST hate the ST. Boyega , Ridley and Poe hate it.

Lol wow what happened to that chrome stormtrooper they hyped up. What a **** show. She did absolutely nothing.

The ST actors HATING it is what is really big here. That is the man reason why Disney will retcon it. They have no future. They want to do episodes 10/11/12 despite what they say. Just too much potential money at stake to end it at 9. With no main actors willing to comeback, they are screwed.

I dunno, merchandise sales got pretty bad when the 3D version of The Phantom Menace released.

You can find most of the original Prequel Trilogy toys for just a couple bucks each carded now too. At the time it was hot, but there?s no value there anymore - apart from some of the more recent clone figures.

2003-2012 or so was the Golden Age of Star Wars merch. But, yeah, around TPM 3D is when it started to suck and then Disney bought it and it was over.

The great moments from the ST blow away the great moments from the PT they just do sorry doomcocks.

There are parts of the ST in 3D that are just freaking glorious to experience.

Each of the 3 ST movies have outstanding moments that stand out.

The PT is like poking a doomcock in your eye.

Screw KK and her agenda but i?m not just blindly going to label everything in the ST bad just because of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I label most everything bad in the ST not because of KK but because mostly everything in the ST is actually bad.

Great post. SW lives and dies by both it's most awesome and stupid elements. All 11 live-action films have their highs and lows. Solo might have some of the highest lows but also the lowest highs which is why it's no one's favorite despite being a very solid pic from beginning to end.

The ST's highs are out of the park, yes even TLJ like the Snoke throne room duel, Luke and Yoda, etc. And yes I roll my eyes at every dumb thing Rose does and says, the oh so precocious Broadway musical "slave children" and so on but the movie still doesn't make me embarrassed to be caught watching it like AOTC, lol.

But then as much as I blast AOTC I'll still watch that over Joker. Such is the way of SW, lol.

You mean the poorly choreographed riddled with ON SCREEN mistakes duel? Bash the PT duels all you want, at least those were right.

Disney just announced that the ST is no longer part of the Skywalker saga.

The saga is back to only 6 movies again.

Effective immediately they are shutting down SW land at Disney World and Land until they can convert it to AOTC land after the pandemic is over.

They have already given the news to Lucas, Hamill, Ford and Fisher?s family that Carrie Fisher contribution to the ST will no longer be considered canon.

Hamill, Ford, Ian, Daniels and Billy D have all been advised that they can keep their salaries from the ST but that like Fisher their ST contributions are now non canon.

All IP attached to the ST have been cancelled.

They have also announced that the next 9 SW movies will be soley written and directed by Dave Filoni with the first movie being about Force Owls.

Doomcock was right all along go figure.

AWWWW YEAH BABY! WOOOOOOO!

Now that the ST is done I was thinking which original characters or more specifically which character designs will make its way into SW Pop Culture or seen in Cosplay. As I was running the images in my mind I came to the conclusion that there are not much when compared to the OT and PT. Let?s go ahead and go down a list:

Rey: The character design of Rey in TFA and TROS is a instant classic!!
Kylo: Not great but another instant classic both helmet on or off.
Finn: Don?t remember his outfits. Boring Design
Poe: Don?t remember his outfits. Boring Design
Phasma: instant classic but not a great character
First Order troopers: instant classic for what it is
General Hux: Maybe but a shadow to the OT design
Snoke: Sure but why?
Rose: Why would you?
Holdo: Why Would you?
Jannah: Sure
Maz Kamata: Sure
Zorii Bliss: Hate the design but a visual hit

There is not very many characters from the ST that stand out and from those barely half are visually exciting to even market. On a plus side I think the ST has created some visually exciting background Alien characters unfortunately Disney has failed to market them so they remain hidden.

Curious if they are others you can name.

I don?t think any will make its way into Star Wars pop culture outside of BB-8 and maybe Kylo, especially if it is retconned. I see Rey just fading away.

Bb8 got replaced by baby yoda. Nothing in the ST came close to his popularity and influence. He?s still talked about today. Bb8 is just that one droid who rolls around

Lets look at the OT

Opening shot of Star Destroyer
Opening battle
Cantina Scene
Rescue of the Princess
Tie fighters vs Falcon
Death Star Battle

Battle of Hoth
Asteroid chase
Just about any Yoda or Vader quote
Worms in space
Bounty Hunters
Han is frozen
That Saber Duel
I am You Father

Jabba the Hutt's Palace
The Sail Barge
Speeder Bikes
Death Star Battle II
Luke flirts with the dark side
Luke beats Vader
Vader saves Luke

Now there are some memorable stand out moments.

You forgot the daring escape of Willrow Hood. More exciting than any ST moment.

Disney just announced that the ST is no longer part of the Skywalker saga.

The saga is back to only 6 movies again.

Effective immediately they are shutting down SW land at Disney World and Land until they can convert it to AOTC land after the pandemic is over.

They have already given the news to Lucas, Hamill, Ford and Fisher?s family that Carrie Fisher contribution to the ST will no longer be considered canon.

Hamill, Ford, Ian, Daniels and Billy D have all been advised that they can keep their salaries from the ST but that like Fisher their ST contributions are now non canon.

All IP attached to the ST have been cancelled.

They have also announced that the next 9 SW movies will be soley written and directed by Dave Filoni with the first movie being about Force Owls.

Doomcock was right all along go figure.

:lol :lol Force Owls :lol :lol

Yeah, videos like that just sound like a desperate dork in a stupid mask that knows this might be his last shot at youtube "stardom."

There's no way in hell.

It must bug the heck out of doomcock when we say that we accept the bad along with the good from the ST just like we have been doing ever since 1983.

Like why the hell would we all of a sudden change now 37 years later!

OMG A FLAWED SW MOVIE SAY IT AIN?T SO, Khev what are we to do!

Rumor is doomcock is that SW theory guy lol

So the new rumor is that Disney will start making films and cartoons that tale place between 6 and 7 and kind of ignore anything that has to do with the ST and then the bigger rumor is that eventually they will remake the ST.

Personally I like / love the idea of movies that take place between 6 and 7. I am not interested in events after 9 or before 1.

As for a reboot / remake / removal of the ST.

Meh.. I really dont care. If they were to de-canonize the ST, I can guarantee I will still get excited about the new movies to take its place.

And if they turn out better then the original ST then great. If they are worse then I still have the originals.

As a Horror fan I am use to this sort of thing :lol Jason, Michael and Leatherface have been doing it for years :lol

The problem is.. I am not sure what kind of ST they would make with Carrie being gone and Ford being disinterested or phoning it in if he does come back. I could see Hamill possibly coming back but he is not getting any younger.

Personally, even though it would not really bother me if they tried to redo it I would leave the ST alone and just focus on stories that come before it. I would love to see a CW type cartoon that focused on Luke, Leia, and Han after ROTJ. Maybe even go into the birth of Ben and Luke's training of him. Maybe a great Cartoon series would help the haters come to accept the ST much like TCW helped me accept the PT. IDK.

So the new rumor is that Disney will start making films and cartoons that tale place between 6 and 7 and kind of ignore anything that has to do with the ST and then the bigger rumor is that eventually they will remake the ST.

Personally I like / love the idea of movies that take place between 6 and 7. I am not interested in events after 9 or before 1.

Meh.. I really dont care. If they were to de-canonize the ST, I can guarantee I will still get excited about the new movies to take its place.

And if they turn out better then the original ST then great. If they are worse then I still have the originals.

As a Horror fan I am use to this sort of thing :lol Jason, Michael and Leatherface have been doing it for years :lol

The problem is.. I am not sure what kind of ST they would make with Carrie being gone and Ford being disinterested or phoning it in if he does come back. I could see Hamill possibly coming back but he is not getting any younger.

Personally, even though it would not really bother me if they tried to redo it I would leave the ST alone and just focus on stories that come before it. I would love to see a CW type cartoon that focused on Luke, Leia, and Han after ROTJ. Maybe even go into the birth of Ben and Luke's training of him. Maybe a great Cartoon series would help the haters come to accept the ST much like TCW helped me accept the PT. IDK.

Aren?t they already doing that with the mandalorian.

Yes. But movies and Cartoon shows that are on the way will do the same and stay away from the ST

After 3 movies dealing directly with the FO i?m ok with them focusing on the immediate aftermath of ROTJ.

Last edited:

Man, I can’t wait to watch a cartoon that shows Luke being a failed Jedi Master, Han being a dead beat drunk dad, and Leia the awful politician and mother!

Man, I can?t wait to watch a cartoon that shows Luke being a failed Jedi Master, Han being a dead beat drunk dad, and Leia the awful politician and mother!

A hero who loses his way and picks himself up and finds his way again is much more interesting to watch than a hero who isn?t flawed.

Obviously there are exceptions like MCU Cap who remained steadfast in his heroism and was thrilling to watch but they also had 20 other characters to surround him with that kept him interesting.

Why are you so obsessed with having a character stay exactly the same for 50 years, your characters would be so one note sheesh lol.

Last edited:
Back