Star Trek Expanding Into More High End Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap. Alrighty ... plan B ... playmates, $25.00. Good grief.

SnakeDoc

Not so fast. Although QMX is making smaller scale replicas of their Trek ships (the Collector scale of the Stargate glider is only $100, and a messily 8" x 5"), this line in the new press release has me intrigued:
eFx expanded license said:
and they are also developing ship replicas in all scales, such as thoseseen in the video game Star Trek Legacy.
I hope that since they have ambitions for a number of ships at different scales, it means the price point will be lower on their products. The Playmates Ent. is poorly made and not worth the $25.

Yes, there has been talk of 'cheaper' Trek ships, etc, which I'm sure will show up at some point in time.

But of course, at the moment, the only ship soon to be available (and what is shown in the image), is the studio scale replica.

Mind you, once you read all the details, its understandable why they cost so much.

Not so fast. Although QMX is making smaller scale replicas of their Trek ships (the Collector scale of the Stargate glider is only $100, and a messily 8" x 5"), this line in the new press release has me intrigued:

I hope that since they have ambitions for a number of ships at different scales, it means the price point will be lower on their products. The Playmates Ent. is poorly made and not worth the $25.

I will admit to already having the Playmates Enterprise. It isn't bad. I've heard the DSelect Enterprises are good ... but I don't have any yet. Kinda hoping for a D or E for Christmas from the wife (or maybe a mirror NX01).

I'll be interested to see what the collectors scale looks like.

SnakeDoc

Not impossible, 1/6 is just not something I think SSC would do.

Hmm really?? this seems the more likely choice as far as JJ Abrams Star Trek goes - i mean 12 inch figures have really really taken off and i think Sideshow would be missing a a trick there if they just did PF figures.

Back