Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks entertaining, I'll watch it along with all the other movies that steer away from the norm. If it's fun to watch then i'm good to go.

Starting with SW, 2016 looks to be a great year for a movie fan....as long as there's no Fab4 pieces of ****, I'm still hurting from that one...:lol

That's because the ST fanbase is very tiny...and they want that Marvel/SW fanbase, which is larger. And that means more money.

Maybe, but stop insulting the core fan base by calling it Star Trek. Just make another Marvel film or go after some other license and make your one liner comedy/action film. I actually liked the first JJ film remake, but this just looks ridiculous.

This will be the first Trek film.....involving the Kirk/Spock characters......that I won't see in the theater unless the further trailers draw this back closer to Star Trek which after that trailer I don't see happening.

My only complaint with this is that it looks small in scale. At least the last two had a huge sense of action and threat.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

So I take back what I said about this looking small in scale. I'm not sure what's at stake or why I should care that they get stranded on an alien planet but I will say it's nice to see them going back to having fun this time around, that's one thing I missed about the second film.

I'm an original series fan that disliked the previous two Abrams films but this doesn't look all bad. Here's what's good ; they're doing something new, not time travel with an old character, not a direct remake with the same villain. They are exploring a new world and the movie isn't focusing heavily on Earth. Star Trek needs to be out on the new frontiers of space and this is getting that right. They have tons of different aliens in the trailer and not just a bunch of humans. There doesn't seem to be focus on Uhura but where it belongs with Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty.

My biggest concern with the trailer is the destruction of the Enterprise happening so early on. You can't explore many strange new worlds with no ship so I'm hoping she won't go down until at least the 2nd act. I get that by the 3rd original film she was a goner too but that was also after 3 full seasons of exploration. I hope the next Enterprise isn't so easily wrecked and Kirk can defend her a bit better. I want the Captain Kirk that knows every trick in the book and can defend his ship against almost any threat. I just want to spend more time aboard one of my favorite characters.

Wow. No words. I really hope their new TV series isn't so silly and stupid as this rebooted movie series proved to be.

Back