Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW here are some behind-the-scenes snaps from social media. Movie is about to start shooting in Dubai...

CIs1mMXUkAAJFTQ.jpg

11355867_913624592031892_1168109011_n.jpg

CIM_lukXAAA-F-x.png

Surprised Paramount hasn't been talking the "Connected Universe". Trek is actually one of the few franchises that could lend itself to that strategy, developing standalone Klingon, Starfleet cadet, earth-based, space station and/or 2nd starship movies. That's of course provided they were able to bring on a talented stable of writer and directors. But that strategy might make more sense as opposed to launching another TV series right now.

Last edited:
It is a great song. One of the favorites from my youth. But it couldn't be more inappropriate for Star Trek. At least they've lost any pretensions of having a connection with the original shows/films, though. I mean, the Fast in the Furious director? Maybe it will be a fun action movie, anyway.

It is a great song. One of the favorites from my youth. But it couldn't be more inappropriate for Star Trek. At least they've lost any pretensions of having a connection with the original shows/films, though. I mean, the Fast in the Furious director? Maybe it will be a fun action movie, anyway.

I thought the song made sense. It was the same song Kirk was listening to when he was a kid in the first film.

I’m a little disappointed that the ship won’t be featured as much, but I suppose it’s a smart move just to vary things from movie to movie. Not crazy about planet-bound adventures for them.

Back