Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger 1/6th figure from Sorcerer's Stone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger - Sorcerer's Stone

Luckily for my limited exposition space I'm not into Harry Potter, but that sculpt is simply a work of art. Not only that, but as it has been already pointed out other companies could start taking notes about infusing some life into their emotionless sculpts.

My only complain about Star Ace right now is their choice of licenses (Undeworld? seriously?) while there has been no new announcements on their Legend line. Hopefully they'll pick up something interesting in the near future, or surprise us with a new classic character.

Sideshow asked like 4 years ago which figure collectors wanted and Selene was right up there near the top. The Underworld license will sell.

Did the final Harry Potter and Ron Weasly figures live up to the prototypes?

I just started following this line about a month ago. This Hermione is even more lifelike than the Harry & Ron. I'd say Harry is the weakest of the three. I just hope they can keep the same level of detail of the master sculpt when Hermione starts getting mass produced.

Get it up for PO!!! I need to complete the younger versions, before buying the older versions. Great sculpt, and the proto photos are very close to what you get in production--at least they were for Harry and Ron.

I literally teared up for a second when I saw this. A thing of beauty.

Right there with you! Such a big fan of Emma, it's gonna be scary having figures of her this detailed. Lol. What a dream come true.

I know they went back and forth on rooted vs. sculpted hair but the end result is near perfect. Star Ace is definitely a company to watch. I'll probably be in for the entire line except the casual wear variants, but will be picking up everything else being shown. They are also lining up some decent licenses with Underworld and 300, but probably still need a real money-maker to be truly competitive. If a deal between Disney/Marvel and Fox could be worked out, X-Men would be a great get. Jurassic Park/Jurassic World could also be a possibility given the newfound interest.

Hermi_sml.jpg

I'm still in a state of shock, unwilling to believe that this is supposed to be a small piece of painted plastic. That can't be, that just IS Emma Watson right there.

Hats off, Star Ace!

I'm still in a state of shock, unwilling to believe that this is supposed to be a small piece of painted plastic. That can't be, that just IS Emma Watson right there.

Hats off, Star Ace!

Sculpt, paintwork, even the rooted hair are equal and even above what Hot Toys are producing. I'm so happy right now :D

That sculpt honestly made me rethink my stance on not getting the young trio...

Dont give a flip about harry potter, but that looks amazing.

Reported.:monkey3

I think there needs to be a separate Harry Potter forum. It's looking like Star Ace has a ton of things up it's sleeve for this line.

There were Potter references on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Just merge it with Whedonville. :lecture

Reported.:monkey3

I think there needs to be a separate Harry Potter forum. It's looking like Star Ace has a ton of things up it's sleeve for this line.

There was a little bit of talk about that few days back, a Harry Potter sub forum would be great. There are just as many active HP threads as there are active threads in the Indy section, and the Whedonville sub forum.

Back