Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger 1/6th figure from Sorcerer's Stone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Hermione Granger - Sorcerer's Stone

Really? I thought their likenessses for HP were signed over to WB?

It's quite possible. However, they said both sculpts of hers are pending actor approval. Not sure why it's taking so long.

:rock :rock :rock

They aren't really going to include that broom with her though? Hermione was always written as a hopeless flyer :lol

I thought that too, but then I thought that I'd better stop moaning about this figure! I'm definitely 100% not a fan of the hair, but the clothes look great (I'm sure her knee joints can be hidden with the right pose etc) and the sculpt is really amazing IMO.

It's quite possible. However, they said both sculpts of hers are pending actor approval. Not sure why it's taking so long.

No, they haven't been signed off by the studio. Getting actor's approval is part of that though.

Getting actor's approval is part of that though.

I'm pretty sure they signed over their likenesses - for the first films at least. It's a clause in all actor's contracts that states their name and likeness can be used for promotion, advertising and merchandise for that particular movie. Their agents might have negotiated on merchandising in later films, but not at the start - they were pretty much unkowns at the time.

I'm pretty sure they signed over their likenesses - for the first films at least. It's a clause in all actor's contracts that states their name and likeness can be used for promotion, advertising and merchandise for that particular movie. Their agents might have negotiated on merchandising in later films, but not at the start - they were pretty much unkowns.

Yes, but they do get approval of merchandise. I know Emma gave comments on the Yule ball sculpt.

Really? i am very surprised at that. Was that a more of a "blessing" than a "sign off"?

Really? i am very surprised at that. Was that a more of a "blessing" than a "sign off"?

Licensees have to make adjustments based on studio comments which could include actors notes.

Ah, I see what you're saying. That makes much more sense. It's nice that WB are getting her opinion and she's responding.

She's getting a hair cut - should have pics soon.

You know what you can't rush...

You Can't Rush Art!.jpg

looks good. Rooted hair will work fine for this figure. Get on with the ordering.

I really wish they would've put their head sculpting skills to use on a screaming head for the Azkaban Sirius figure. The Tri-Wizard Harry and this Hermione are really good.

I think they nailed the young Emma Watson likeness on this one. Rooted hair works well on this one too, since her hair is supposed to be bushy in the books. Still, I'll be passing on her, I'd rather have an older version.

Back