Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'm still iffy about the sculpted beard, but one thing keeps confusing me here, and it's the description. Dumbledore comes with two rings? What kind of rings? Why? Is it for his fingers or something?

I still love the idea of this figure, the accessories, Fawkes. I'm even warming to the robes, but the beard.... maybe I'll wait for in-hand pics.

But seriously... what rings are they talking about?

who-is-gandalf-really-not-just-in-lord-of-the-rings-390464.jpg

Right I get it now. The rings around his eyes. Well spotted jscoggins :lol

Delayed until July? I suppose that's to be expected considering it was April-May before. Usually someone would have an pre-release review about now.

Aw....

Can you guys help me please urgently? I am designing the box for this figure here and I need a good big image of Hogwarts Great Hall. Does anybody know where I can get one as I am only getting small images on google.

Could you screencap it from the Blu-Ray?

I don't have the bluray but I can go to screengrabs.com which gets good grabs from bluray. What I do not know is in what movie and what scene we get a good shot to the great hall.

How big do the pictures need to be?

A big as can be as it for a large box front.

I don't have the bluray but I can go to screengrabs.com which gets good grabs from bluray. What I do not know is in what movie and what scene we get a good shot to the great hall.
Not sure if it can have any characters in it, but when the first years are being led into the Great Hall for the first time for the sorting there's a few shots of the hall showing off its grandeur. Maybe one of those would work?
Also, if I'm remembering correctly, in Goblet of Fire when Dumbledore is giving his speech for Cedric after his death there's a shot of the openness of the Great Hall with dark banners hanging.

Not sure if it can have any characters in it, but when the first years are being led into the Great Hall for the first time for the sorting there's a few shots of the hall showing off its grandeur. Maybe one of those would work?
Also, if I'm remembering correctly, in Goblet of Fire when Dumbledore is giving his speech for Cedric after his death there's a shot of the openness of the Great Hall with dark banners hanging.

Goblet of Fire shots wouldn't be appropriate for this.

Going with shots from Philosopher's Stone, I'd recommend either when the kids are led into the great hall for the first time, one of the shots of the hall at Halloween, or one at the end of the film when they're celebrating.

Going with shots from Philosopher's Stone, I'd recommend either when the kids are led into the great hall for the first time, one of the shots of the hall at Halloween, or one at the end of the film when they're celebrating.

ox_6.jpg

harry-potter-great-hall-feast.jpg

pi-great-hall.jpg

It pains me to say this, but this line is dead. The 14 day notifications from Sideshow went out on this piece yesterday, and I had to dig this thread out of the basement of of page six. Usually when these announcements drop, there are a half dozen pages of folks shouting "I got me notification too!" There is zero excitement out there for these HP figures.

I realize the members of this forum don't make up the entirety of the market for Star Ace, but this is where a significant cross section of that market lies, so one would think it represents a good sample size to gage the reception of any high tier collectible figure. All I'm sensing is an overwhelming YAWN.

:monkey2

Perhaps Harry Potter is not something that will stand the test of time. I mean I never read the books, but I enjoyed the film and I loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, and they just opened it in LA, so there is obviously still interest in the franchise. Maybe it's just not something that translates well to figures? Maybe that Harry Potter hype and interest has died off now that it's been a few years since the films ended?

Personally I haven't felt the need to buy any of the figures yet. I have thought about picking up a small amount to represent the films, but so far I just haven't wanted to make the commitment to it. Perhaps 5 year ago when the films were still being released I would have jumped on them if they had been made at the same time.

Meh, I like the line, I support the line, and I like Star Ace`s efforts. This will be a purchase for me. I just hope SA has lots of goodies at SDCC, that will ensure (I hope) that this line continues, and that the other offerings (300 etc) are released as well.

I hope so too, Ebor. But the reception of late has been of the wet blanket variety. It was very similar when Snape was released and as I said at the time, if Snape, and now Harris Dumbledore can't generate excitement, I'm not sure what will. Maybe will have to wait for Deathly Hallows Harry or bikini Hermione...

I'd personally love to collect most, if not all, of the figures in this line, but I just don't have the money to collect more than one line, and Asmus's Lord of the Rings/Hobbit figures have me for right now. I do hope to get Dumbledore and Quidditch Harry at some point though (and a Newt Scamander, if they ever do Fantastic Beasts figures), and if Star Ace ever gets around to revealing more of that Hungarian Horntail I know that would break me. :lol

Perhaps Harry Potter is not something that will stand the test of time. I mean I never read the books, but I enjoyed the film and I loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, and they just opened it in LA, so there is obviously still interest in the franchise. Maybe it's just not something that translates well to figures? Maybe that Harry Potter hype and interest has died off now that it's been a few years since the films ended?

Maybe we're in an awkward transition phase between hype and nostalgia.

Back