Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most figures at this scale--the key to capturing the best likeness is angles, lighting. Quigon, you succeed with your pictures presented. I can't wait to get this figure!

Like most figures at this scale--the key to capturing the best likeness is angles, lighting. Quigon, you succeed with your pictures presented. I can't wait to get this figure!

Thanks, Ebor! You cold not be any more correct about angle and lighting.

Looking forward to having a few more pieces to display with him. This is my first Star Ace piece. Looking forward to an older Harry, Ron, and Hermoine to go with him one day. I have Harris Dumbledore on pre-order, which is a dream figure for me because Harris = Dumbledore for me, but I'm very concerned about the sculpted beard. I had hoped they'd just improve the rooted look on the face. A solid beard when it's that long looks questionable at best, and out of place with the rooted hair. Not sure he's going to survive pre-order, and it makes me sad.

Here's my Snape. Just arrived, just opened the box!

AcYLiB.jpg

bDrH05.jpg

awesome pics Quigon!:clap: :rock:

I finally have him in hand.
Star Ace actually is very close to the likeness, it's just that it's a very soft sculpt. Also they missed in the eye bag area, and also in the lips shape.
And the shape of the hair, it ruins the whole likeness, big time.

As for the clothing and accessories, it's all awesome!

I agree that the sculpt in general is a degree or two softer than typical Hot Toys fare, but it's not so obvious as to diminish his impact on display (including your eye bags and lips comments), but what I certainly agree with you on is that the hair - while I'm not overly concerned with the shape, pre se (though there is room for improvement) - is quite soft in detail. That gives him too much of a doll look compared to the outstanding costuming and finish work.

All that said (in two rambling sentences I believe), I think he's a great figure and will look outstanding posed up with a few of his mates...

He came out great. Sculpt is a 7.5/10 for me. The hair mostly. I think a repaint could add some much needed aging and detail.

d0ad78331583474d23dd261cfb77cfcd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Received mine 3 days ago, I added him to my small collection (my big one is in my parents house). I love it, I agree that the hair sculpt could be a little bit better, but the overall is still awesome!IMG_20160416_130057.jpgIMG_20160416_183553.jpgIMG_20160416_183608.jpgIMG_20160416_183727.jpgIMG_20160416_183737.jpg

For me, this Snape figure has an angle that made his likeness perfect, and other angles, made him completely far from the great Alan Rickman.
Here's few pics of mine that I think captures his likeness in the best possible angle:

13014930_10153056898582609_866556239_n_zpstlwo9him.jpg

13045425_10153056898637609_1566152541_n_zpsaa3docb4.jpg

and here's with Hermione:

13023284_10153056899787609_1814682161_n_zpsj5seii40.jpg

Now, ideally, for me, I wish Snape can be sculpted like Hermione: In every angle, it looks exactly like Emma. The likeness is great.
Maybe someday there will be the ultimate Snape figure with perfect Alan Rickman likeness. :)

Here are my videos of both Medicom's and Star Ace's versions. Unfortunately, I don't think either is a run away success. Both are good figures, both have issues, and neither is truly "definitive".

Back