Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for those of you that have this...is the headsculpt really as bad as the pictures/comments suggest? I see a lot of people complaining about it, and it looks a little off for me, but there's a lot of comments that the pictures don't do it justice.

Snape is my favorite Harry Potter character, and with Sideshow having so few left in stock, is it worth picking him up, or should I wait and hope they put a new one out someday? I don't have a big Harry Potter collection, just Dumbledore as I do mostly Star Wars and Marvel, but if Snape is actually worth the money I wouldn't mind picking on up.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

It's a difficult question to answer really as like most things it is all down to individual opinion. Personally I really like the sculpt and am very pleased with the figure overall - I think he's worth it. :)

As Anx10us suggested have a look through the thread, there are some really good photos in it which might help you decide. The ones below taken by QuiGonFishing are really good examples of the head...

Here's my Snape. Just arrived, just opened the box!

AcYLiB.jpg

bDrH05.jpg

Hmmm..looking at those pics, think the sculpt is great. Mine arrives on Wednesday :)

Ok, I just went ahead and ordered one from Sideshow before they run out. Appreciate the input, you guys pushed me over the edge!

He came! Gtg to work in a few minutes but hopefully I can open him up when I get off and get to some fun!

Opened him a few minutes ago. Everybody is sleeping so I could do very little. Just got couple of stationary shots and a shot of the box. Initial thoughts? Love him. Much better than Mad Eye. When Mad Eye feels flimsy, Snape is sturdy. His wand and the energy bolt actually stay on with little to no efford and don't require a stand to make the effect work. I actually think the likeness is pretty good in hand. All it makes me do is want more of these. My next photo project will be some sort of duel between Mad Eye and Snape:panic:
Snape1.jpg
Snape2.jpg
Snape3.jpg

Opened him a few minutes ago. Everybody is sleeping so I could do very little. Just got couple of stationary shots and a shot of the box. Initial thoughts? Love him. Much better than Mad Eye. When Mad Eye feels flimsy, Snape is sturdy. His wand and the energy bolt actually stay on with little to no efford and don't require a stand to make the effect work. I actually think the likeness is pretty good in hand. All it makes me do is want more of these. My next photo project will be some sort of duel between Mad Eye and Snape:panic:

Nice pics!! :clap Congrats on getting him too. :)

This is definitely one that I wished I got because checking in you can get a good amount of the Star Ace figures on the cheap but Severus was commanding $400 on eBay not too long ago. It's definitely one of their best.

Back