Stands or No Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonEl

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've always used stands for my figures in my detolfs but I've been thinking about removing them, which way do you prefer stand or no stand?

Sometimes I feel like a stand sometimes I don't. All my Joe's got stands, others don't.

Sometimes I feel like a stand sometimes I don't. All my Joe's got stands, others don't.

Was that intended to be sung to the Almond Joy/Mounds theme song?

I usually use stands, unless a) their are more figures needed on the shelf than the stands can accommodate or b) the figures in an environment.

Always a stand. Always

if you have common sense and want to protect your investment of $200 + bucks per figure, don't be a dum dum, use a stand.

Nib High Football Rules

Unless I feel they're completely sturdy I always use stands. They do limit certain poses though and can kill the realism. Still , I'd rather that than an extremely expensive figure be smashed to bits.

I don't see the need to use stands for stability. None of mine has stands and I only had a figure fall over once, and that was my own fault for bumping into it in a clumsy way..

There's no reason you can't try to rig up a "stand" or support so it can't be seen. That might be using parts from existing stands or different stands/support options. There are a endless possibilities and of course an endless number of poses that would require additional support.

I don't have any of my expensive figures on permanent display yet, only the Hasbro stuff. Nothing is using a stand at the moment, but I do plan to put most of the figures on some kind of support. In each case I'll be trying very hard to make sure that support can't be seen - hidden under clothing, sitting behind the figure, bases covered with something to match the floor of the shelf or attached to the shelf itself, etc.

Fishing line, one end attached to either waist or neck, the other to a cable clip fastened to the wall. Works a treat:

Original_CU.jpg

CableClip.jpg

It's all about the figure stability, durability and value, for sure it looks better without a stand in most of the cases but you will also need to keep it secured, some of these pile of plastic cost over a $300!

Damn Lejuan. :lol I guess you don't handle your figures often, huh?

If they're not banged in super hard, the cable hooks allow a little gap between the hook and the wall that makes it easy-as to unloop one end of the line. Just lift it away from the hook, repose the figure and place the loop back over the hook when done. But no, I don't handle them too often :)

I think it depends on the subject matter.
For instance if you have you figure in a dramatic pose then no stand needed.
But if you have them stood there then es a stand with a Corrose decal does the trick.
Also i don't really like the support part on the back so i take the base to bit's and put steel under it and then stick the base back together.
I than put magnets in the bottom of the feet or shoe and they stand fine.

To me it depends on how the collection actually looks, would the stand add or detract to the look of the figures?

In my bedroom, all figures have no stands because the room is warm and welcoming while all other figures have stands in my home office. I think in detolfs they might look better with stands.

Back