Stan Lee developing Gay Superhero for TV!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't read the book, but it's a legitimate approach to the subject. A superhero (like a movie star) has a certain image to maintain - and being gay doesn't necessarily fit with that image. That's why there aren't any romantic leading men that are openly gay. Except Barney Stinson - but he's just too awesome.

Haven't read the book, but it's a legitimate approach to the subject. A superhero (like a movie star) has a certain image to maintain - and being gay doesn't necessarily fit with that image. That's why there aren't any romantic leading men that are openly gay. Except Barney Stinson - but he's just too awesome.

Arguably you could add Rupert Everett and John Barrowman in there too (depending on the production, of course). I have a lot of trouble picturing Doogie Howser as a romantic leading man too, but that's my issue and I'm taking medication for it...

Arguably you could add Rupert Everett and John Barrowman in there too (depending on the production, of course). I have a lot of trouble picturing Doogie Howser as a romantic leading man too, but that's my issue and I'm taking medication for it...

I'd forgotten about Barrowman, but Everett isn't cast in leads anymore - he's always a supporting role.

43w9lk0.jpg

I'd forgotten about Barrowman, but Everett isn't cast in leads anymore - he's always a supporting role.

Yeah, I guess that's true about Everett - I must admit I haven't seen anything with him in it recently, but at least in the past he has seemed to be able to be cast equally in either gay or straight roles, and I'm pretty sure he has always been out. I guess I was thinking more of "leading man" type actors who have managed to be successful while still being openly gay.

Anyway, I can't decide whether this show would be any good or not. Sure there are a lot of parallels between the life of a superhero and that of a gay man (coming to terms with your "difference", having to keep aspects of your identity secret, looking like you spend way too many hours in the gym, a special love for spandex...) but it will take incredibly high production values, great writers capable of extreme subtlety, and a pretty courageous network to stop it from looking and feeling a lot like a very special episode of Blossom where Joey teaches her a valuable lesson about tolerance. I just think that it could be way too preachy and then run out of "lessons" very quickly leaving us with, well, Lois and Clark featuring Sean Hayes. Either that or it could be Dante's Cove with kryptonite, which (visually at least!) could actually be quite entertaining!

...Pampered and decadent, betraying even his own shallow, liberal affectations.

Possibly homosexual. Must remember to investigate further.

Superman was flying over Metropolis one hot summers day and feeling really horny. As he flies over the Justice League building his supervision spots Wonder Woman sunbathing butt naked on the roof. Realising he could do the deed in a flash before she even knew it, he hovers above, pulls down his super pants and darts down faster than a speeding bullit and flies away super satisfied. Wonder Woman opens her eyes and says 'What was that noise?' The Invisible Man replies 'Dunno but my arse is killing me'

Superman was flying over Metropolis one hot summers day and feeling really horny. As he flies over the Justice League building his supervision spots Wonder Woman sunbathing butt naked on the roof. Realising he could do the deed in a flash before she even knew it, he hovers above, pulls down his super pants and darts down faster than a speeding bullit and flies away super satisfied. Wonder Woman opens her eyes and says 'What was that noise?' The Invisible Man replies 'Dunno but my arse is killing me'

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl thats super gay :cool:

Back