Stan Lee Autograph - Hulk or Spidey Comq???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$50 a pop. That's not the worst part. At Wizard World Chicago they are selling express passes for over $200. You only get 1 sig with that. Then you have to pay $50 a pop extra for each additional sig. I've heard if you don't get the pass you can spend all day in line and not even get a signature.

It all depends on your timing, the trick is to wait in line an hour before he comes back from panels and photo ops. When I went on Friday in Philly, his line was over a mile long, then he left for panels and photo ops and the lines are dismissed. I went back in line at 3 and I was 9th in line and Stan came back at 4, when I turned my head there was at least 300 ppl behind me. They will cut the line if you exceed the time that Stan is there. Good luck!!!! and enjoy the con. :clap

Just take a pic of him signing the pieces. That's should be all the authenticity you'll need.

No pictures at the table, they make that very clear, the key is to have use the video on your phone and just record it all or turn the flash off at the table. When I was in line, they told us no photos at the table, but you can have the person behind you take the photo for you while you're up, but no hand shakes and no talking (to prevent line holdup) Authenticity I believe was like $25 to $40, what they do is they either give you a sticker or they have a witness there present while your item is signed, it's a ripoff, you're better off taking candid shots.

Did you pick up the express pass for the Philly Wizard Con?

First I want to apologize for posting 3 different times as I'm an idiot that didn't read the previous posts. No I didn't pick up the express pass as I go to a few of these shows every year and I'm used to when to go on line to avoid the long hours of waiting.

It all depends on your timing, the trick is to wait in line an hour before he comes back from panels and photo ops. When I went on Friday in Philly, his line was over a mile long, then he left for panels and photo ops and the lines are dismissed. I went back in line at 3 and I was 9th in line and Stan came back at 4, when I turned my head there was at least 300 ppl behind me. They will cut the line if you exceed the time that Stan is there. Good luck!!!! and enjoy the con. :clap

Damn. I'll just be coming back from my overseas vacation when the Con starts on Thursday. I have my cousin's wedding on Friday so I can't get to the Con before Saturday. On top of all that I have to get used to a 7 hour time change when I get back home. Looks like I'll be investing in the express pass.

Is there a schedule for the time he will be available for sigs or do they just wing it?

Here's the photo I snapped before it was my turn, I gave the phone to the woman behind me to take a pic of Stan signing for me, but she couldn't figure out how to use the camera on the iphone and then before you know it, it was my turn, this was a crappy shot, but at least you see my autograph tickets on the table that I bought and printed in advance :yess:
photo2.jpg

Damn. I'll just be coming back from my overseas vacation when the Con starts on Thursday. I have my cousin's wedding on Friday so I can't get to the Con before Saturday. On top of all that I have to get used to a 7 hour time change when I get back home. Looks like I'll be investing in the express pass.

Is there a schedule for the time he will be available for sigs or do they just wing it?

They post the schedule on the floor and in the program book as well as on a flyer, there's no winging on anything otherwise it will cause riots LOL. Sat's are the worst cause that's when the most ppl go, last year I went to Chicago con and on Friday, I got inside in less than 1/2 hour wait, on Sat. I waited on the snake line for almost 2 hours! If you invest in an express pass, here's the trick:
-Buy the pass and it grants 1 auto, the key is to purchase more autograph tickets individually on the site and print them out, that way you can use your pass to skip everyone and get EVERYTHING signed at once so you don't have to purchase at the show and wait in line again.

They post the schedule on the floor and in the program book as well as on a flyer, there's no winging on anything otherwise it will cause riots LOL. Sat's are the worst cause that's when the most ppl go, last year I went to Chicago con and on Friday, I got inside in less than 1/2 hour wait, on Sat. I waited on the snake line for almost 2 hours! If you invest in an express pass, here's the trick:
-Buy the pass and it grants 1 auto, the key is to purchase more autograph tickets individually on the site and print them out, that way you can use your pass to skip everyone and get EVERYTHING signed at once so you don't have to purchase at the show and wait in line again.

Bro, you ROCK! Thanks so much for the info. I'd have been knee deep in it with no paddle if you didn't share all this info.

Bro, you ROCK! Thanks so much for the info. I'd have been knee deep in it with no paddle if you didn't share all this info.
LOL anytime bro, if you ever need help just holla, I attend these cons all year round with NYCC next on the list. :yess:

That's not bad at all. Wonder if it'll be the same at WW Chicago?
That's awesome!! I wish they had that at Philly.

Jgama, I've got to ask...why can you only get 1 of the statues signed? Why not just get them both signed if it's not a money issue?

I wish I could. Theres just so m ah things I want to check and hopefully find some hidden gems. Not to mention my son is going as well (he's seven) so I'm sure he wouldn't want to spend the time in line. I might do both. Luckily SL is scheduled to be there all four days.

LOL anytime bro, if you ever need help just holla, I attend these cons all year round with NYCC next on the list. :yess:

That's awesome!! I wish they had that at Philly.

Thanks for the responses everyone!!!! Spidey seems to be the clear choice. LH how do I purchase the certificate? I bought the VIP package with speed pass, so do I purchase it when I pickup my tickets for the auto or is it something I can purchase ahead of time?

I would get both signed, but if you had to make a choice, get the spiderman comiquette signed. I wanted to take my spidey base to Calgary, but I was worried it would get damaged during the flight. Instead I got Mary Jane and Captain America PF signed. Oh if you do get it signed, you may want to buy the COA before you leave the line.

IMG_0387.jpg

CalgaryComicEntertaimentExpoApril28-292012183.jpg

Thanks for the responses everyone!!!! Spidey seems to be the clear choice. LH how do I purchase the certificate? I bought the VIP package with speed pass, so do I purchase it when I pickup my tickets for the auto or is it something I can purchase ahead of time?

Hey bro, there should be a sign next to the autographing table that tells you how to purchase a certificate or a witness. Since I didn't purchase either one, I never read the fine print on the sign, but the sign is big and on a stand they put all over the con floor, you can't miss it. I don't think you can purchase it before the signing since they fill it out according to what you're getting signed. Good luck with your trip to the con and remember when it's all over, you're going to say to yourself "It was all worth it!" :hi5:

Back