Stallone's The Expendables

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stallone`s new movie "The Expendables"

:lol they should've used Chariots of Fire music!

I'll give you that there were some cool deaths, I just wish that they could've quadrupled them.

My litmus test if I love a movie or not is if I'll see it again in the movie theater.

This movie, I'm afraid not :(

A few things I want to see on the extended cut DVD:

More jokes with Jet Li wanting more money for his family
More human disintegration by gun fire
More V8 rumble during car chases
More human disintegration by knives
More Rourke crying and smoking a pipe like a Hobbit
More human disintegration by explosions
More Statham basketball murders
More human disintegration period

Holy abuse of CGI fire :horror

Haven't you heard? He's gonna play Bilbo in "The Hobbit"! :lol

Re: Stallone`s new movie "The Expendables"

More Rourke crying and smoking a pipe like a Hobbit
Haven't you heard? He's gonna play Bilbo in "The Hobbit"! :lol

RourkeLaugh.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I did enjoy the escalating music and sound effects during the plane diving attack scene, that was pretty cool.

I also loved the sound of his black pick up truck.

Some of this movie was filmed not too far from where I was born in Brasil in the outskirts of Rio, the General's building with the inside pool isn't too far from the large Christ statue up on the mountains.

Anyways, I enjoyed the made up island country with the spanish soldiers and dictator but mostly filmed in a portugese country :lol

Heck, I think the soldiers war paint at the end might've been the Brasilian flag colors :lol

Black Orfeus would be proud.

Last edited:
I was expectin it to be horrible.

But I must say it was pretty damn good after expectin it not to be worth a darn.

I'll buy it when it hits dvd.

Terry Crews Shotgun might just top Jesse Ventura's gattling gun in Predator...

A damn hard call though

It is a close one. Boom vs Turbine whirl!

On a mechanical level, explosive shotgun wins for me.

On an aftermath level, explosive shotgun wins again.

On an iconic legendary status level though, Jesse's Gat hands down wins, it's a very hard one to top in cinema history but the ES sure gave it a good try at it.

Me personally, the Gat will always be in my heart but that ES sure provided a juicy aftermath.... I just wished there was even more carnage from it's use.

Sorry for my greed for gore :lol

Well.....

I liked it...

But was hoping to have loved it!

As has been already mentioned, so many lost opportunities!

Some were definately capitalized on with decent payoffs but then there were a ton that were missed!

I felt like I was watching a movie called "Almost"

The story, acting, action %, humor, carnage, car chases, explosions, suspense, drama, villians, cameos, martial arts, camradery, Rourke crying, female involvement, general bad assery......

All of that "Almost" succeeded for me.

But collectively it all fell short and since you can't almost be pregnant, you can't almost love a movie.

I guess i'll just have to settle for just liking it. :lol

Oh, and CelticP was correct, Rambo IV had more weaponized carnage but what was on display in the E was decent enough...but I was hoping for much more.

Instead I got to watch them running around planting explosives....yawn :lol

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3lDOyvItSCU?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3lDOyvItSCU?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
More Cobra than Rambo IMO

I think you both nailed it for me. So much promise with this film that I just felt was left on the table. It was like a long home run that turned into a solid double.

Though Dino I don't agree on Predators I thought that kicked ass from the start.

Of the big four I saw this summer I'd put this movie last.

I think you both nailed it for me. So much promise with this film that I just felt was left on the table. It was like a long home run that turned into a solid double.

Though Dino I don't agree on Predators I thought that kicked ass from the start.

Of the big four I saw this summer I'd put this movie last.

Oh don't get me wrong I enjoyed Predators, just not the part with Noland in.

1. 'The Expendables,' $35.0 million (3,270 screens), new release
2. 'Eat Pray Love,' $23.7 million (3,082), new release
3. 'The Other Guys,' $11.4 million (3,651 screens), $70.5 million total
4. 'Inception,' $18.6 million (3,120), $248.6 million
5, 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,' $10.5 million (2,818), new release
6. 'Despicable Me,' $6.8 million (2,923), $222.0 million
7. 'Step Up 3-D,' $6.6 million (2,439), $29.6 million
8. 'Salt,' $6.4 million (2,834), $103.6 million
9. 'Dinner for Schmucks,' $6.3 million (3,046), $58.8 million
10. 'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore,' $4.1 million (2,728), $35.1 million

victory! :yess:

1. 'The Expendables,' $35.0 million (3,270 screens), new release
2. 'Eat Pray Love,' $23.7 million (3,082), new release
3. 'The Other Guys,' $11.4 million (3,651 screens), $70.5 million total
4. 'Inception,' $18.6 million (3,120), $248.6 million
5, 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,' $10.5 million (2,818), new release
6. 'Despicable Me,' $6.8 million (2,923), $222.0 million
7. 'Step Up 3-D,' $6.6 million (2,439), $29.6 million
8. 'Salt,' $6.4 million (2,834), $103.6 million
9. 'Dinner for Schmucks,' $6.3 million (3,046), $58.8 million
10. 'Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore,' $4.1 million (2,728), $35.1 million

victory! :yess:

WE DID IT MEN! :woo

wrestler-trailer-rourke.jpg

MickeyRourkeBAFTA.jpg

Just saw this movie and really liked it. It could've been more for sure, but it was still entertaining.

Mickey Rourke really is sad looking though. That guy was so drop dead gorgeous years ago, and now he's just gross to look at. He drools and has club fingernails, which a lot of times is a sign of breathing problems like emphysema. Hopefully that's not the case.

Sorry BioJex.

Back