Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stallone's no thespian. First Blood was cut down to 92 minutes due to his dialogue.:oops: The car was the star in Cobra.
Pretty sure Stallone said HE was the one who cut down his dialogue after seeing the original cut, as he had some cheesy dialogue. And the First Blood that we have, he gave a great performance

The 80's were literally Stallone's golden years. He was at his peak in that decade.

And he had a lot of stinkers... balanced by many Rambo/Rocky sequels.

But my point was, for every Cobra there was a Red Heat (for Arnold). I wonder who had more stinkers? Did Arnold have a "Rhinestone"?

I wonder who has more stinkers: Stallone or Arnold? I know its subjective. But if one is being reasonably honest...
I think Arnold's stinkers are better regarded. Kindergarten Cop, Junior, and Twins were critical failures, but they're still remembered as fun goofy movies. Some of his fans may not even consider them stinkers due to the novelty of the premises.

I don't know of any Sly fan who'd stand up for Oscar or Stop, or My Mom Will Shoot. Maybe Agent Nick likes them.

Not until after some screenings. Credit to him, though.
That's how making movies works
And he had a lot of stinkers... balanced by many Rambo/Rocky sequels.

But my point was, for every Cobra there was a Red Heat (for Arnold). I wonder who had more stinkers? Did Arnold have a "Rhinestone"?
I wouldn't put Cobra in that category though. It's a good film. Also while Stallone's greatest movies are mainly made up of Rocky and Rambo sequels, that's even more impressive to me as it's extremely hard to make a good sequel. I mean, Rocky V is the worst Rocky movie, and it actually has plenty of good stuff in it too. Every other Rocky movie was great imo. Last Blood was probably the worst Rambo movie, and i thought that was a good movie.

The real question is, which is worse: "Batman & Robin" or "Stop! or my mom will shoot!"??

I think Arnold's stinkers are better regarded. Kindergarten Cop, Junior, and Twins were critical failures, but they're still remembered as fun goofy movies. Some of his fans may not even consider them stinkers due to the novelty of the premises.

I don't know of any Sly fan who'd stand up for Oscar or Stop, or My Mom Will Shoot. Maybe Agent Nick likes them.
You forget Batman & Robin though. But yeah, Sly isn't very good in comedy films. Arnie is. I think Sly even admitted that comedy wasn't for him after that. It was obvious that Sly tried to copy Arnie when he made those garbage movies you mentioned . Stallone is easily a better actor though. Even though i think Arnie acting skills are underrated

I wonder who has more stinkers: Stallone or Arnold? I know its subjective. But if one is being reasonably honest...

I think Stallone wins...

Rhinestone-780680891-large.jpg

You forget Batman & Robin though. But yeah, Sly isn't very good in comedy films. Arnie is. I think Sly even admitted that comedy wasn't for him after that. It was obvious that Sly tried to copy Arnie when he made those garbage movies you mentioned . Stallone is easily a better actor though. Even though i think Arnie acting skills are underrated
Maybe "Tango & Cash" features the best comedian Stallone...

About the comedy war between Arnie and Sly, this is epic.

The car was the star in Cobra.

Everything is so bombastic and badass in "Cobra" that it would be difficult to surpass its level, possibly surpassing even a masterpiece as "Commando" in this regard. The movie is a nonsense from head to toe, bordering on parody dangerously, but this extreme doses of badassery have turned it into a kind of cult film of the vigilantes subgenre. The car is brutal indeed, and its license plate states it very clear:

COBRA-MOVIE-1950-Mercury-Merc-CAR-VANITY-LICENSE.jpg

To me Stallone and Schwarzenegger both have iconic movies. I would rather watch Schwarzenegger’s lesser movies versus Stallone’s.

Aside from Rocky, Rambo, and Expendables there aren’t a lot of Stallone films I feel the urge to go back to.

Schwarzenegger really only has Terminator for a franchise, but I like more of his non-franchise movies.

To me Stallone and Schwarzenegger both have iconic movies. I would rather watch Schwarzenegger’s lesser movies versus Stallone’s.

Aside from Rocky, Rambo, and Expendables there aren’t a lot of Stallone films I feel the urge to go back to.

Schwarzenegger really only has Terminator for a franchise, but I like more of his non-franchise movies.

Outside of Rocky and Rambo, I like Demolition Man, Assassins, Judge Dredd, Lockup, Cobra, Cop Land, and Tango and Cash.

I tried liking the Expendable films, but I can't get into them.

Outside of Rocky and Rambo, I like Demolition Man, Assassins, Judge Dredd, Lockup, Cobra, Cop Land, and Tango and Cash.

I tried liking the Expendable films, but I can't get into them.
The Expendables films should have been better but I still kind of like them. I like Stallone but really it’s for Rocky and Rambo.

I like the late career film with both Stallone and Schwarzenegger, Escape Plan. That was surprisingly decent.

Back