Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main issue with ThreeZero First Blood is using the beefy Rambo 3 body, be interesting to see if they come out with a new body before final release.
True. At least the paint and accessories will be hot toys quality. No telling what you’re going to get with these.. if they ever go up for pre-order. Maybe agent Nick has some more box art pics to hold us over lol.

Maybe the real important people behind/responsible for the $ is not necessarily cognizant of the unwanted embarrassment Nick is doing to the brand name/business?

If so, then Nick could very well be out of a job unless Nick himself is one of the guys behind the $.

Not that we would want anyone out of a real $ job unless they really "earned" to be out of a job.

Well, if the figures are as good as Nick claims, then all will be forgiven and he will have job security and can brag all the way to the bank.

On the other hand, if the figures are subpar or worse -- then Nick will take all the blame and be the fall-guy, deservedly so. Perhaps that's his real job. In which case, job security again.

I'm likely touching on a verboten subject given the origination and history of this forum/group.

What is the ethical and/or common sense line that separates the business and those that works for and/or truly represents the business to its customers?

If a social media coordinator (paid or unpaid) engages customers/potential customers in social media and comes across as a total doofus in alienating and upsetting many of its customers, then what?

What about overzealous fanboys/diehard loyal supporters who really like the brand, but in no way official or unofficially represent the business asides as being a paying customer?

What if there are those who are actually involved in the business, but it's all hush hush for whatever reasons asides from those in the know and said individuals are manipulating things to their own business/personal benefit without being transparent to the business owners and others within the business?

You see where I'm going with this?

Is the bottom line do any of us actually care one way or another as long as we get what we want to pay for or is the cray cray drama that is the norm in social media simply accepted as is?

Social media drama from a company associate (or owner) doesn't help, but I can overlook it if the product is solid.

A good example would be Randy from NECA. He doesn't have the most mature Twitter persona and it certainly doesn't make me regret giving up on his figures, but that's not why I initially did it -- I did it because the figures are brittle and often poorly painted.

Why is there no official word from any official source?

At the beginning of all this adventure it seemed that there were going to be two official sources, and both announced the figures together: the Sly Stallone Shop and KP. In February 2020 I contacted KP to ask about the release and distribution of the figures, and they replied this: "anyway soon (mid March), we will announce the full figure with pictures and pre orders and finally we will know how distribution will be sorted".

Time passed and I contacted KP again months later, in May 2020, asking for news about the same subjects, and their answer was more bleak in a way : "My only suggestion is give a watch to Sly Stallone shop official site. It seems Stallone decided to keep exclusive the release for ONLY his own shop. So it's up to then decide when release it etc. [...] Maybe they will change their plans later".

Therefore, since at least May 2020, I believe that there is only one official authorized source to provide us with updates: the Sly Stallone Shop or, in other words, The Ineffable Agent Nick Himself.

Interesting. Sounds greedy. So for a year and a half they've been doing what -- looking for a factory to manufacture their figures? We all know that could take many months or even years. Perhaps that's what the delay has been about. Nick was told a date to expect to be figure ready but the factory keeps pushing the deadline. That seems to happen alot in China unless you have real pull and are a local.

Strange they wouldn't take the established route and have a unique "extra" only available at Stallone shop... or better yet, all boxes from Stallone shop are autographed by Sly himself.

Social media drama from a company associate (or owner) doesn't help, but I can overlook it if the product is solid.

A good example would be Randy from NECA. He doesn't have the most mature Twitter persona and it certainly doesn't make me regret giving up on his figures, but that's not why I initially did it -- I did it because the figures are brittle and often poorly painted.
Yeah he blocked me for asking too many questions about their QC.

All they care about now is TMNT. Licences like RoboCop are given to the B team. That new figure looks terrible.

Interesting. Sounds greedy. So for a year and a half they've been doing what -- looking for a factory to manufacture their figures? We all know that could take many months or even years. Perhaps that's what the delay has been about. Nick was told a date to expect to be figure ready but the factory keeps pushing the deadline. That seems to happen alot in China unless you have real pull and are a local.

Strange they wouldn't take the established route and have a unique "extra" only available at Stallone shop... or better yet, all boxes from Stallone shop are autographed by Sly himself.
--

Given the questionable aspects, I would doubt/question if Sly's autograph is really his. For all we know, they could be Nick's as part of his ongoing ego trip.

I honestly could not care less who or what Nick is or does, as long as the figure is a) good quality and b) fairly priced. Outside of that, he can continue his ridiculous egotistical nonsense. I just want a good "Jerkwater, USA Rambo" figure on display.

I honestly could not care less who or what Nick is or does, as long as the figure is a) good quality and b) fairly priced. Outside of that, he can continue his ridiculous egotistical nonsense. I just want a good "Jerkwater, USA Rambo" figure on display.

Yeah, like I said, either all will be forgiven if the figures are great... or, if not, Nick will be the new Molecule8.

Yeah he blocked me for asking too many questions about their QC.

All they care about now is TMNT. Licences like RoboCop are given to the B team. That new figure looks terrible.
Yep. TMNT is to Neca what marvel/Disney is to Hot Toys.

Sly: Uhhhh... look at that... it's a little me. That is amazing. How'd dey do that? Look'it, a little zipper... little knife... those jeans fit me good too...

4r1Pb5D.jpg

🤭

Back