Stalkers head is disintegrating

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vonhahn

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any one else notice very fine white resedue all over stalkers head? Mine does...or at least did untill i wiped it away. The plastic is breaking down already? Anyone else?

bet-ruckus-reality320.jpg

Any one else notice very fine white resedue all over stalkers head? Mine does...or at least did untill i wiped it away. The plastic is breaking down already? Anyone else?

I have this also. It seemed to come off when I wiped it with a towel though. I does seem to be some sort of breakdown. I'm not sure what is going on here. The figure was in a detolf and none of the other figures next to it have anything like that.

Could it be some sort of powder that they used to get the head out of the cast and there might be some residues? I have _____loads of miniature figures and sometimes they have more or less kind of a white powder or "grease" on them.

But if it comes of by wiping and there are no visible damages, then I suppose it isn't that bad....maybe

Could it be some sort of powder that they used to get the head out of the cast and there might be some residues? I have _____loads of miniature figures and sometimes they have more or less kind of a white powder or "grease" on them.

But if it comes of by wiping and there are no visible damages, then I suppose it isn't that bad....maybe

Because they come out of the casts magically painted. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

yes,my stalker had the white residue,but it wipes off easily

its a corn oil used in plastics to remove from the injection molds

Some of my MOTU Classics had the same white film,but it wipes right off

no worries about the plastic breaking down,its normal

yes,my stalker had the white residue,but it wipes off easily

Some of my MOTU Classics had the same white film,but it wipes right off

no worries about the plastic breaking down,its normal

Interesting....thanks for the info.

Because they come out of the casts magically painted. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Well I didn't claim to be an expert about these modern casting techniques or how they actually do it. I though about the paint thing, but like I said; don't really know for sure how these are made nowadays. For example it seems that the head of cobra sniper is mostly one lump of black rubbery plastic straight out of the mold. You can hardly call those painted. The most certain fact is, that they do use some kind of a powders and oils. But hey, whatever.

Not it isn't because captain a-hole says it can't be and he is always right, right.

Last edited:
Back