SSC, will the price of your SW figures continue to rise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo said:
I just don't want to be priced out. That's my main concern. I'm not a rich man so if they continue to rise I might have to stop and pick which figures I really like best. The more time goes on I really don't think I will buy the 3 pack of Ender troopers. I wish I could just tell myself to get Jabba and Boushh and get the hell out. LOL

Welcome to the reality of most collectors today.

I was thinking of a response more like "The price of each piece is determined by the amount of R&D, and the cost of material that goes into each individual item. As you know, we take great care in getting each character to be as perfect as possible and there's a lot of development that goes into getting each character to what we feel is ready for production. Some characters just cost more to produce and that is why some have a higher price than others. We started of the line with pretty basic humans with pretty basic costumes so we were able to keep the costs of these down. As we move forward there will be a fluctuation in prices per character due to the stated reasons above."

Darth Loki said:
I was thinking of a response more like "The price of each piece is determined by the amount of R&D, and the cost of material that goes into each individual item. As you know, we take great care in getting each character to be as perfect as possible and there's a lot of development that goes into getting each character to what we feel is ready for production. Some characters just cost more to produce and that is why some have a higher price than others. We started of the line with pretty basic humans with pretty basic costumes so we were able to keep the costs of these down. As we move forward there will be a fluctuation in prices per character due to the stated reasons above."

So, why do you need us to answer? ;) As far as I know, this is exactly the way it works. And as someone stated above, I do not - in any way, shape, or form - have anything to do with the department that decides prices and the reasons for them. I can imagine that there are literally dozens of factors that go into deciding the price of any given figure (dollars that need to be made up due to higher than projected costs on previous releases, increased R&D due to unforseen engineering difficulties, costs of increasing staff and online server capacity, royalties, machining new accessories, the price of oil, overseas shipping price increases... and the price of tea in China, for all I know!) - and I am ECSTATIC that I don't have anything to do with it :eek:

Last edited:
If they want to improve the bodies, stitching - clothing everything then things will eventually get more expensive. The more SW dolls they will do the better they will get. Costs of improvements always go up and not down. I don't really see anyway of getting around that.

SideshowDusty said:
So, why do you need us to answer? ;) As far as I know, this is exactly the way it works. And as someone stated above, I do not - in any way, shape, or form - have anything to do with the department that decides prices and the reasons for them. I can imagine that there are literally dozens of factors that go into deciding the price of any given figure (dollars that need to be made up due to higher than projected costs on previous releases, increased R&D due to unforseen engineering difficulties, costs of increasing staff and online server capacity, royalties, machining new accessories, the price of oil, overseas shipping price increases... and the price of tea in China, for all I know!) - and I am ECSTATIC that I don't have anything to do with it :eek:

I know Dusty, that was the point of my post. I thought it would be the best way to get my point across to all these people that think that an increase in price is going straight into SS's pockets.

Dusty since I'm new around here can you tell me what you do for SS and what kind of question you can answer?

Darth Loki said:
I know Dusty, that was the point of my post. I thought it would be the best way to get my point across to all these people that think that an increase in price is going straight into SS's pockets.
Who said the added cost was going into SSC pockets? Not me. You know it's sad that you just can't ask a question around here without someone acting like they own stock in SSC. That's great that you don't care about cost. Wish I was in your boat.

Last edited:
Hiya Turbo, welcome to the world of Freaks. Some of the 'old timers' have been around a LONG time, and actually know a lot about how Sideshow does business, which is why they like to help out with answering questions. This is in no way an official Sideshow board, I just happen to be a member here and help out when I can (which really isn't that often :lol) - it's a fan board, so we like to let the fans discuss with little to no 'official' interference. (Think of my presence as less of an 'official' presence, and more of a 'fellow fan with some inside info' presence :))

Sometimes we have time to come in and answer specific questions... more oftentimes, we don't. Obviously, the best place to look for answers is on the official Sideshow site, or through Customer Service. You can always use the Customer Service request form located through our Help Desk if you have a really pressing question that needs answering, if it's not getting answered on the board. Link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/custserv/ Again, the Freaks board is NOT the place to ask questions that can be more efficiently answered by contacting us directly.

I am officially the 'Communications Coordinator' at Sideshow and I'm on the Web/E-Commerce Team - my duties include drafting the weekly Newsletter, running all the online contests, and more web-specific duties. Maybe 'fan liaison' would be a good description, although that's not all I do :) I can't answer a lot of questions, but I CAN pass them on so that they get in front of the correct eyes. And believe me, I do that - it's a safe bet to assume that most topics of discussion that appear on this board (ESPECIALLY the controversial ones) have been seen by various, high-level Sideshow managers :D

Most of all, this place is just really fun, and I would miss it wasn't here :duff

SideshowDusty said:
...I am officially the 'Communications Coordinator' at Sideshow and I'm on the Web/E-Commerce Team - my duties include drafting the weekly Newsletter, running all the online contests, and more web-specific duties. Maybe 'fan liaison' would be a good description, although that's not all I do :) ...

You had better watch it Dusty, Josh is after your job. :D

Back